PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rivers has not thrown for more than 181 yards in 3 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to be concerned about our run d. If that is under control , than we have a great shot at winning. I am not sure Rivers will beat us without his run game to compliment him.

CHB is writing his column now just in case he needs to use it.
LOL, no he actually doesn't. He wrote it years ago. Each January he just digs it out and dusts it off.;)

• Winner
Reactions: sb1
DunEonghasa_Cliff.JPG
Frankenstein or Old Man of The Mtn going for a swim?

Say what?

He's not. He never averaged 4 yards per carry until this season, and when he's been hurt they've managed to have a parade of no-names from Branden Oliver to Austin Ekeler to Justin Jackson come in and play as well or better. He's nothing special at all and is overrated because he's a good fantasy football running back.

I think he will probably throw for less than 180 again this weekend. Our secondary is going to give him fits. Harmon will finish him off with an INT.

He's not. He never averaged 4 yards per carry until this season, and when he's been hurt they've managed to have a parade of no-names from Branden Oliver to Austin Ekeler to Justin Jackson come in and play as well or better. He's nothing special at all and is overrated because he's a good fantasy football running back.

He's not tops in the league by any measure, but that doesn't mean "he's not very good." For his career, he's at 4 YPC, would have likely gone over 1,000 yards rushing again this season had it not been for injury, and has hauled in 50, 58, and 41 receptions the last three years for 4, 4, and 2 TDs, respectively. Those are stats of a RB that you label "not very good." I could see "overrated" though with the way the media talks about him.

He’s gotten better since his first couple years when I agree he was overrated. This year he averaged 5.1 YpC and caught 50 passes despite missing significant time.

He finds holes, has good speed around the edge, and can make guys miss when he catches passes, which he does often. I think he’s good and could be a problem. Hopefully I’m wrong. Obviously he’s not 100% so that should help.

(You are right though that I’m rating him high because I had him in fantasy, but that also led me to watch him a lot).

He's not tops in the league by any measure, but that doesn't mean "he's not very good." For his career, he's at 4 YPC, would have likely gone over 1,000 yards rushing again this season had it not been for injury, and has hauled in 50, 58, and 41 receptions the last three years for 4, 4, and 2 TDs, respectively. Those are stats of a RB that you label "not very good." I could see "overrated" though with the way the media talks about him.

He's fine. He's not a gamechanger. I'm not afraid of him like I'd be a Kamara or Zeke. Keenan Allen is the best skill position player on that team and the offense rides on the arm of Rivers. I think the success of their running game is a function of the success of their passing game; Gordon's fortunes tend to correlate with the fortunes of Rivers. Rivers played at a just below MVP level this year, not surprising Gordon "broke out."

That said, I think the Chargers running game could be an issue, but that has more to do with the Patriots' run defense than with the individual talent in the backfield.

How can this be? All the guys on the morning shows were giving Rivers the "edge" in this game over Brady. Can't wait for Sunday.

This may be the one year TB needs a little more motivation . . . .

He's fine. He's not a gamechanger. I'm not afraid of him like I'd be a Kamara or Zeke. Keenan Allen is the best skill position player on that team and the offense rides on the arm of Rivers. I think the success of their running game is a function of the success of their passing game; Gordon's fortunes tend to correlate with the fortunes of Rivers. Rivers played at a just below MVP level this year, not surprising Gordon "broke out."

That said, I think the Chargers running game could be an issue, but that has more to do with the Patriots' run defense than with the individual talent in the backfield.

He's pretty good. We have to factor in that his run OL leaves a lot to be desired.

He's pretty good. We have to factor in that his run OL leaves a lot to be desired.

I don't know, Football Outsiders had them as the fifth best run blocking line in the league after the Rams, Saints, Patriots, and Colts. They're a middle of the road pass protecting team though. Russell Okung and Mike Pouncey are very good players.

I don't know, Football Outsiders had them as the fifth best run blocking line in the league after the Rams, Saints, Patriots, and Colts. They're a middle of the road pass protecting team though. Russell Okung and Mike Pouncey are very good players.

I’m not a huge FO fan. I’ve only seen him once this year but I think Mike Pouncey is overrated. Okung is aging but still good enough. I don’t think he’s better than a healthy MC, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes