SOURCE:Boston.com

SOURCE:Boston.com

SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Rise Of Skywalker

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by fightingirish595, Dec 19, 2019.

1. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +93
    Question is will it surpass that of the Avengers finale out just last summer? Remains to be seen!. Welcome to the $1B club!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +55,153
    [​IMG]

It's neither.

3. fightingirish595

fightingirish595 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4,426
    It is fallacious. You are making it a dichotomy when it’s not

4. TheAdultintheRoom

TheAdultintheRoom Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +819
    Didn't like it. I'll most likely be banned from this thread, so if you want to discuss further, IM me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. fnordcircle

fnordcircle The poster who James White said inspires him. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +31,849
    Luke/Vader/Palpatine are definitely strong parts.

But I wouldn't undersell Luke's arrival at Jabba's palace. It was the culmination of his development over the previous two movies where he just constantly got his ass kicked other than one single scene where he shoots into the Deus ex Machina vents of the Death Star. Every other scene in EP4 and EP5 is Luke just looking like an idiot and getting shown up by Ben, Leia, and Han. Hell, event in ROTJ he's on the outside looking in while Wedge gets the hero's welcome.

I'm not a tremendous fan of ROTJ but the entire movie is worth it for the Emperor's throne room scenes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28,865
    That’s the only reason I’ve watched Star Wars since they re-booted. I think all the movies after the first 3 are pretty stupid plot-wise, with the exception of Rogue One. But I love to watch at home with surround sound, basically to re-calibrate my sound system every year or two. John Williams is the real MVP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +7,069
    It was better than the last jedi, but that’s not saying much.

Would of rather liked an ending where both settled down in the original setting of the first movie.

Ep was kind of cool, but the whole entourage thing at the end should of been explained more to the audience. Not a lot of casual fans know the history of that planet.

• Like Like x 1
  8. fnordcircle

fnordcircle The poster who James White said inspires him. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +31,849
    The most telling thing I can say about this movie is that Star Wars is my favorite setting, bar none, and I haven't downloaded a cam of RoS.

9. Roboturner913

Roboturner913 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +250
    I liked it OK. I just didn't like the obvious undoing of the last movie.

Even if the studio or director had major beef with Rian Johnson professionally or personally, they could have easily written the movie in a way that serviced the overall plot while still respecting the continuity bits that Johnson had established.

The whole "Palpatine is alive" bit is ridiculous on its own, but to reveal that just through the opening scroll and not even attempt to explain how and why I thought was insulting to the audience's intelligence. It was also hard for me to buy the whole granddaughter bit. Logically there's no reason she couldn't be his granddaughter, it just felt ... off. Somehow.

Having said that, I mostly liked it and I will watch it again.

10. Patriot Missile

Ratings:
    +7,069
    Was interesting that a fan had a theory about the grand daughter thing before the last jedi came out which pretty much blew peoples minds. Then Johnson kills it with the junker and every body gets a trophy ending.

So to summarize, Awakens is ok, not great but potential is there, to train wreck last jedi to a movie that has to spend valuable time to fix the train wreck. It was ok, but they really blew it overall.

Thank goodness for the Mandalorian.

• Love Love x 1
  11. fnordcircle

Ratings:
    +31,849
    Exactly.

Honestly, I don't know how a company like Disney who gave us 23 or whatever movies that coalesce into a satisfying summer popcorn experience in Infinity War/Endgame can't give us a coherent Star Wars trilogy.

Frankly all of them should be embarrassed.

But ultimately, in a weird way, I think it will be for the greater good because it seems like Filoni has been given the keys to the kingdom. And you can say whatever you want to say about The Clone Wars series or Rebels but it's abundantly clear that Filoni cares about the source material in a way that a hack like JJ never will.

Between Filoni and Favreau I see a very bright future. I love Chris Miller/Phil Lord for the show Last Man on Earth but what Star Wars needs is a guiding hand to oversee all storylines with great care and I think Filoni is that person. Had the sequel trilogy been done better we might have been subject to years or decades of mediocrity. Their failure appears to have lead to a realignment and I think the Star Wars universe is in better hands with Filoni than anyone else who has ever been involved with it other than Kirschner. Yes, even Lucas.

12. Roboturner913

Roboturner913 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +250
    This is it.

There are things I didn't like about TLJ and things I didn't like about ROS, but overall I liked both of them for what they were. Still, at the end of the day, you gotta pick a direction and stick with it. What we ended up with was 3 movies in a trilogy where it doesn't feel like a cohesive story is being told.

But the cultural warfare over all this on social media is more embarrassing as anything the studio cooked up even at their most incompetent. Either way I can fire up the surround sound and gaze at the spectacle and be able to say to my wife "See? I TOLD that second subwoofer would be worth it!"

If I need to feel good about Star Wars as an iconic story, I can just watch the original trilogy and that's plenty enough for me.

13. Patriot Missile

Ratings:
    +7,069
    Big fan of the Clone Wars here. Was so happy they are bringing it back. Filoni is awesome and it shows in everything he does. Rebels started out kiddie and then the episodes got a lot better as the show went on. Fulcrum, Thrawn and wheels Maul was a lot of fun. And probably my favorite characters were Domino Squad.