PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RIP Nick Buoniconti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rip.

Him and Dawson Made Inside the NFL must watch in my house.

Rip.

Him and Dawson Made Inside the NFL must watch in my house.
That program was to the 1980s what This Week in Pro Football, hosted by Tom Brookshier & Pat Summerall, was to us in the 1970s.

Our dad worked at the Sears distribution center in South Boston (where the South Bay shopping plaza is now located) and my brother & I knew that Christmas season had officially begun when he brought home the Wish Book...naturally we immediately turned it over to its backside, flipped through the Appliances section, paused for a while at the Sporting Goods section (because it was a nation-wide catalogue, it was not Boston-specific)...and then found that which was like magic to us: the Toys & Games section...Good times, good times...

Pretty sure you remember when you went to the "Football Gear Section", they featured Dallas, SF, Chicago, NY Giants, Dolphins, Raiders mostly and there were never anything available for us Pats fans.. we could not even order a Pats themed trash can or bedspread. Amazing how the NFL and it's overall marketing has changed since then..

Pretty sure you remember when you went to the "Football Gear Section", they featured Dallas, SF, Chicago, NY Giants, Dolphins, Raiders mostly and there were never anything available for us Pats fans.. we could not even order a Pats themed trash can or bedspread. Amazing how the NFL and it's overall marketing has changed since then..

I asked my Mom for a Patriots sweatshirt and she ordered from that catalogue ... a Los Angeles Rams sweatshirt. “Mom!” ... “well dear they didn’t have Patriots so I thought this one was nice.”

<insert bricks emoji>

And RIP Nick, a great Patriot and great Dad.

And FU Shula

Seems Miami will honor him with NAB initials on their helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes