Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: vs Dolphins
Pick Results: MIA: 0% at NE: 0%

Sun
Sep 12th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
RIP Ric Ocasek. The Cars were my all time favorite group. Their first album was released over 40 years ago. Think about that. In 1985 no one was listening to music from the early 40s. But these songs are on the radio every day. The music still holds up. Big influence on music.

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
At one time Boston ruled rock and roll.

Areosmith, Cars, Boston, J Giels, James Taylor, Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch

FCB02062

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Little known fact; The Cars opened for J Geils at a Xaverian dance in 1979 or thereabouts..

RIP, The Cars are fukcing awesome

"Life's the same, I'm moving in stereo...
Life's the same, except for my shoes .."

Patriot Missile

Pro Bowl Player
Great musician. Remember coming home from school to watch mtv and loved their video which was way ahead of its time. He helped create that unique sound that was their own, akin to Huey Lewis, Outfield etc.
sad that I’m at that stage of my life that you have to say farewell to some of the heroes, influences you grow up idoling.

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
As I heard it, the Cars were playing Boston college clubs just making ends meet and a DJ from WBCN was in the crowd and started playing their songs on the radio.

FortressX

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
RIP Ric
The Cars were too cool.
Ric Ocasek, the lead singer of the rock band The Cars, died Sunday in New York; he was found unconscious Sunday afternoon at his townhouse in Manhattan. A New York Police Department spokesman confirmed Ocasek's death to NPR. There is some confusion about Ocasek's age: The NYPD said that he was 75; public records list his age as 70 years old.
Ric Ocasek, Frontman Of The Cars, Has Died