PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Pays His Respects.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like his style of taking the entire media spotlight off his players

And yet those players bring back the spotlight.
Ie Ocoto Dad & Barking Chihuahua or as Joker likes to say 'Pepe Scott'

Just easy link from NFL but it goes to the mutual respect between BB and Rex that exists in spite of fans trying to make them out to be enemies.....BB has never exhibited the antipithy towards Rex that he showed to Ratgini.....and Rex returns it in this short interview:

NFL Videos: Rex: 'I want what Bill Belichick's got'

I don't know why some Pat's fans give Rex so much crap.....you are judged by the quality of your opponents.....Rex gives the Pats a reason to excell.....doubt it....take a look at the Pats defense this year as compared to last....BB is rising to the challenge.....and will take care of business...

AMEN, Brother!!! :rocker:

Anyone who actually reads the entire quotes know that we have NOTHING to complain about from Coach Ryan. He is a TREMENDOUS Coach, and, despite the media's attempts to paint him as doing otherwise, the truth is that he has treated his rivals ~ including Coach Bill ~ with nothing but respect from DAY ONE.

He and Coach Bill seem to genuinely like each other, and there's certainly no question about their mutual respect.

Which is not to say that Coach Bill won't lay as many 40 Burgers on him as he possibly can!! :rocker:

But I find the universal disdain for'm around here a bit amusing, boys...

Y'all know damned well that if he was our Coach, most of you would worship the guy...and rightfully so. :cool:

As it is, though, he's going up against the greatest Coach of the modern age...One who I believe will eventually go down in History as the greatest ever, by most...And one who has a very strong record against even the most formidable adversaries...including none other than the legendary Bill Walsh. :eek:

And he managed his astonishing success against Coach Walsh during Joe Montana's prime.

And Coach Ryan's recent success against Coach Bill has been, lest we forget, during a transitional phase for this team...one that is that now nearly complete.

All of which is to say: Coach Ryan ~ who I do revere ~ is the toast of the league, right now, generally perceived as being either poised to pass Coach Bill by, or as even having already done so...Yet I believe, despite his recent great success, particularly against us, that ~ provided Sanchez remains his QB ~ it will be years before he beats Coach Bill again.

Anyone who actually reads the entire quotes know that we have NOTHING to complain about from Coach Ryan.

We have a winner! It seems like everyone only reads the ESPN headline and not the entire transcript.

At the end of the day I wouldnt want him coaching the Pats but he's excellent for the Jets, admit it, you LOVE to hate him.

Having followed the Pats and NFL as best I can for 25 years (!!!), I admit it's good to have something to spice up the entertainment value.

Rexy is the bag guy manager from 1980s WWF, as soon as he arrived on the scene the intensity of the Pats/Jets rivalry was amped up 10fold, and like it or not he's gotten the better of us the last 3 out of 5 matchups and he's had pretty good playoff success.

At the end of the day I wouldnt want him coaching the Pats but he's excellent for the Jets, admit it, you LOVE to hate him.

Mangini was a much better villain to root against.

Last edited:
I like Ryan. And in regards to his loud mouth, I think it's a clever strategy. You take the pressure off your players and create controversy which creates publicity and in the end promotes the game.

This of course leads to lots of opportunities for other teams fans to rib on, because this media personality he has taken on can't always be right or logical for that matter. It's the personality that he thinks will help his team the most, and if that includes illogical rants and whatever be sure he will do it.

On a more personal level he is certainly charismatic and funny when he wants to be.

Mangini was a much better villain to root against.

Amen to that. Mangina was, is and shall ever be nothing but a giant, whining p---y. He will always be Arch Villain number one in NE Sports to me for his part in Spygate. I hate seeing his wimpy face on TV doing "analysis." {{Shiver}}

... rex is an astute strategist underneath the gruff loud exterior ...

... he is able to get the players emotionally jacked up when it matters (particularly on defense) which i believe has led to some of his big victories ...

l_j_r

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots