PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rewatch: Patriots vs Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also seems Lazar's opinion is that it was once again RPOs that were most effective for the Texans against us:

Idk about Andy but I've literally been the only one saying this all offseason lol. W/e "scheme" were using is completely dependent on the players & pointed out they were winning 1 on 1's since the preseason.

Not sure you were the only one but I was referring to another thread that resulted in a long (and ultimately pointless) discussion about Flores being "more aggressive".

Either way winning your 1v1s is the way to win games not changing the attitude when it comes to playcalling.

Maybe @BaconGrundleCandy or @AndyJohnson (or anyone else here) can answer this. Was Hogan not deep enough here or did Dorsett drift a bit too far up ? It seems like they ended up way too close to each other to the point where I am not even sure if Brady threw the ball to Hogan actually.

And a final one.. if you see people talking about DMac having a lot of range they are talking about things like this:

@BaconGrundleCandy or @AndyJohnson (or anyone else here) can answer this. Was Hogan not deep enough here or did Dorsett drift a bit too far up ? It seems like they ended up way too close to each other to the point where I am not even sure if Brady threw the ball to Hogan actually.
Really hard to say. Doesn’t look like Dorsett could run it much shallower.
Surprisingly 2 receivers end up too close together and neither are covered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure you were the only one but I was referring to another thread that resulted in a long (and ultimately pointless) discussion about Flores being "more aggressive".

Either way winning your 1v1s is the way to win games not changing the attitude when it comes to playcalling.
Honestly I don't remember anyone saying it besides me. All offseason I said talent will dictate scheme & w/e we run is bc of the players we have, not bc Flores & I'm a huge fan of Flores. We'll see his stamp as the year goes on.

Maybe @BaconGrundleCandy or @AndyJohnson (or anyone else here) can answer this. Was Hogan not deep enough here or did Dorsett drift a bit too far up ? It seems like they ended up way too close to each other to the point where I am not even sure if Brady threw the ball to Hogan actually.

Almost reminds me of the yankee concept we run all the time.

Hogan could have went further up but if you watch him & CP are kinda close to each other as both are breaking. Maybe Hogan didn't want to get too bunched up there w his teammate?

Their taught to run & find space so I'm guessing Hogan & Dorsett both saw that land in front of them & just went w it.

On the big "aggressive or not" debate Dussaults opinion is closer to what @AndyJohnson has been saying:

The team is just winning more individual matchups. Which might be because of simpler schemes or just young players making jumps. I really don't think any of those Patricia vs. Flores discussions are a useful use of time because there are so many variables involved. But whatever floats your boats guys.

Romo said it would likely be the least blitzed game of the weekend.

And FYI to be clear about my viewpoint I said I assume we will continue to be conservative in nature regardless of who is DC and that what happened in a preseason game (or a quote about play calling at an OTA) tells us absolutely nothing about what the regular season philosophy will be.

In many games vs many teams, that dump-off to Develin from run-action will be open All Day Long. Free stuff.
Yea, I have a feeling we'll see these revisited later on. Teams will key in on that reverse from CP so we can fake that, have him run a wheel or something to have an option deep on both sides if we want.

And like I said that one to Dev could've hit if it was a lil quicker or the S was a tad late.

Why does this twitter guy assume we'll know who these names are? Took me a while to even figure out who JC was. No idea who VC is.

Most of them are pretty self explanatory, but even if you don't know who the player is, I think Bacon does a great job of breaking down the play. You can just substitute "DE" or "LB" if you don't know who Clowney or Cunningham are. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back