PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revisiting human scum Gregg Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of Williams at all but as I understand it Bountygate was your typical Goody railroad job.

Ok, I’ll be the bad guy. If you watched the Browns last year and the Jets this year, and if you were honest, you’d have to say Williams has seen the error of his ways and reformed a bit. I didn’t see an intent to injure on any play in the Jets/Browns games I watched. He was an *******, a despicable human being when he coached the Saints, but he paid his dues to the NFL by being banned, shamed and then apologizing. People can change. He is a really good defensive football coach.
He apologized during the league hearings leading to his indefinite suspension only AFTER he was caught lying. He's still under investigation for running a bounty program with the Redskins. There's a reason he keeps losing jobs. Finally, you might want to ask David Njoku about Jete tactics under Williams:

david-njoku-usnews-091619-ftr-gettyjpg_1kz1f3b99cf2x1n9en5oyim5qz.jpg

I'm not a fan of Williams at all but as I understand it Bountygate was your typical Goody railroad job.

Listen to the tape.

He should've been banned for life.

It might be considered that regarding Payton's suspension but not Williams.

I'm not even doing it justice. When I made the transition from soccer to football, I was good enough to play, but it took a solid year until I learned what it really took to be great. And that was basically being psychotic.

Like ya really have to flip a switch and go nuts. Controlled chaos if you will.

Try to destroy the opponent and then have a tremendous amount of respect for them doing the same. It's odd and tough to explain.

this notion is hilarious........and sackless......tough guys put on 40lbs of pads and smash each other with injury being some sort of code of honor.......c'mon big boy, take the pads off and head to the rugby field

tenor.gif

Most fans of other teams think BB should be banned for life for Spygate. It's all about perspective. One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.

That being said this is a bad time to have both starting tackles out of the game.

Most fans of other teams think BB should be banned for life for Spygate. It's all about perspective. One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.

That being said this is a bad time to have both starting tackles out of the game.
Isn't Cannon back?

Jets have no pass rush

And that was basically being psychotic. Like ya really have to flip a switch and go nuts. It's odd and tough to explain.
Your most accurate self-assessment to date. Or is this your therapist's diagnosis?

He apologized during the league hearings leading to his indefinite suspension only AFTER he was caught lying. He's still under investigation for running a bounty program with the Redskins. There's a reason he keeps losing jobs. Finally, you might want to ask David Njoku about Jete tactics under Williams:

View attachment 24284

No penalty, clean hit on Njoku. If that's intent to injure, there are a lot of DCs in the NFL intending to injure players. Hard to fault Williams or the DB on that one.

Listen to the tape.

He should've been banned for life.

It might be considered that regarding Payton's suspension but not Williams.
Look- Williams is an a-hole

I still think Goody was way out of line with his ridiculously over-the-top punishment.

Just like us.

You simply are wrong. You need to inform yourself on what he REALLY said and what happened (links provided above).

For a few years I was uninformed about the true lack of character of Williams. I was assuming that Goody was going after the Saints but it became pretty clear that Williams was the main culprit. I'm surprised that he's still in the league.

That's also what I thought at the time, but a closer look at Williams has me thinking otherwise.

this notion is hilarious........and sackless......tough guys put on 40lbs of pads and smash each other with injury being some sort of code of honor.......c'mon big boy, take the pads off and head to the rugby field

tenor.gif

Cute.

I still think Goody was way out of line with his ridiculously over-the-top punishment.

Just like us.

Williams should have been suspended for life.

Payton shouldn't have been suspended for a year.

And, NO, it wasn't "just like us". Cameragate and Deflategate were NOWHERE NEAR instructing to physically injure someone.

Real ones know Williams putting a S 30 yards back on 3rd & 1 > Bountygate (lol)

Williams should have been suspended for life.

Payton shouldn't have been suspended for a year.

And, NO, it wasn't "just like us". Cameragate and Deflategate were NOWHERE NEAR instructing to physically injure someone.

Did Payton know what Williams was doing? "Should have known" doesn't cut it for me - that's the BS deflategate standard that railroaded Brady.

You think Williams' suspension was undeserved? :confused:

Did Payton know what Williams was doing? "Should have known" doesn't cut it for me - that's the BS deflategate standard that railroaded Brady.

ultimately, the head coach is responsible to know what the hell is going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots