PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revis Interview at Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone saw BB's presser yesterday. He was asked about Revis and the predominant theme of his answer was "he's still learning the system" (my interpretation at least).

And I got the feeling that we were seeing a preview of the pitch BB's gonna use to try to keep Revis here past this year.

BB: "Darrelle, I mean sure, you can be a mercenary and keep switching teams year after year. Chasing every last dollar. But that means you'll be learning new systems every year. Getting used to new surroundings and coaches, etc. Never reaching your full potential."

"Or you can stay here in the same system , with a perennial SB contender, chasing rings, reaching your full potential and putting together a HOF career. So Darrelle, do you want to be very rich, or do you want to be a legend, a HOFer, maybe with a few SB rings, AND still be pretty rich? " :D

(Revis may already be a future HOFer. But IMO it isn't a lock yet.)

Last edited:
Only thing I took from it is that he's doing his very best not to cause problems or media frenzies. All of his answers were very weighed and calculated, and anytime the reporters jumped on something, he walked it back

My takeaway was how many times he said 'right now I'm a Patriot ...

Having said that, if we win the SB, no way we let him leave.
I took that more to mean now that I am a Patriot and not so much a reference to the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots