PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Ravens want the world to know they’re through with Flacco

Give a job to a QB on shaky ground right now, & you also have to answer Colin K. questions.

Yes we've established that I'm the only person in the world that believes Flacco will get a contract and I'm also stupid, so easy bet. You in or not?
And by the way, you're not anonymous, you're the world renowned AndyJohnson.

That's world renowned patron saint of circular and straw man arguments AndyJohnson to you mortal ;)

(I'd still take a piece of that action)

Yes we've established that I'm the only person in the world that believes Flacco will get a contract and I'm also stupid, so easy bet. You in or not?
I too believe he will get one.. Look around at QB needy teams and they'll grasp at straws,,, We are spoiled in New England....

The world wants the Ratbirds to know: Good luck wit all dat!

If Cousins is better, it's not by much.

He has a 5-25 record against winning teams
Flacco is 94-67 as a starter, 8-4 in the playoffs.

Yes.

Not really, but you have to look at it from the other teams' perspectives as they consider who at that position would be available.
But I am saying Flacco at 18 mill would not be the best option. Not even close.

I'm not ziggin and zaggin on this, I admit I haven't seen him the last couple years. If the board says he really sucks now I drop my argument.

I think you meant zippin and zappin.

It’s not my anonymity that’s the issue.
As I said you believe what you believe and I believe what I do.

Yea that's not what you said, never used the words best option. In fact, you flat out said no one but me would offer him a contract for $18M. You then went on to state that he could maybe get a contract as a backup for $5M.

Some idiot in a front office will offer him a contract, maybe they would not if they consulted with you first, but it's going to happen. I won't be alone then.

How bout the c-note bet? I'm good for it. Whomever waffles agrees to disappear from patsfan for a year.

Is he better than Blake Bortles? Matt Moore? Josh Allen? Case Keenum? These are the types of teams who would be more than happy to pay less than 20m for a year of his services.
At this point no he probably isn’t.

Yea that's not what you said, never used the words best option. In fact, you flat out said no one but me would offer him a contract for $18M. You then went on to state that he could maybe get a contract as a backup for $5M.
I’m still saying that same thing. “Best option” was responding to the way the poster phrased it.

Some idiot in a front office will offer him a contract, maybe they would not if they consulted with you first, but it's going to happen. I won't be alone then.
Not it isn’t. You will be wrong.

How bout the c-note bet? I'm good for it. Whomever waffles agrees to disappear from patsfan for a year.
I’m not betting with an anonymous person on the internet.

Flacco is not worth close to $18M. That said, free agency does not often assign logical values to players, unless you thought Nate Solder was worthy of setting the makrket last year at $16M pet year with zero pro bowl appearances. Despite his suckiness, Flacco still might be the best available free agent/open for trade QB this offseason, or at least he’ll be among them. There’s no way with the QB position a former SB MVP is going to get a $5M max offer on the open market, even if that’s what he’d get if every quarterback was a free agent at once...the fact is they’re not fall free agents at once, so salary is determined by supply and demand. There appears to be a low supply at QB, as there is in most years.

I’m still saying that same thing. “Best option” was responding to the way the poster phrased it.

Not it isn’t. You will be wrong.

I’m not betting with an anonymous person on the internet.
So you're all mouth and no balls. Gotcha. :rolleyes:

Cutler got what $10m last year to fill a short term hole and he was meant to retire. Flacco’s floor would at least be that. Someone would do that, or higher, given the right set of circumstances. I don’t think it’d be anyone’s first choice so I doubt he gets traded on his current deal, but he’ll be able to play if he really wants to.

Flacco is not worth close to $18M. That said, free agency does not often assign logical values to players, unless you thought Nate Solder was worthy of setting the makrket last year at $16M pet year with zero pro bowl appearances. Despite his suckiness, Flacco still might be the best available free agent/open for trade QB this offseason, or at least he’ll be among them. There’s no way with the QB position a former SB MVP is going to get a $5M max offer on the open market, even if that’s what he’d get if every quarterback was a free agent at once...the fact is they’re not fall free agents at once, so salary is determined by supply and demand. There appears to be a low supply at QB, as there is in most years.
I disagree. Former Sb winner has nothing to do with it. He is nowhere near the sane player. I do not believe there is a team in the NFL that will pay him starter money. I think 5 mill is typical for an aging veteran you being in to be your backup hoping he never plays. I could be wrong about exactly what that job pays but my point is I do not see any team signing him as a starter at starter money.

Cutler got what $10m last year to fill a short term hole and he was meant to retire. Flacco’s floor would at least be that. Someone would do that, or higher, given the right set of circumstances. I don’t think it’d be anyone’s first choice so I doubt he gets traded on his current deal, but he’ll be able to play if he really wants to.
Cutler got that to be the starter.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you're all mouth and no balls. Gotcha. :rolleyes:
No I’m not an idiot who would make a bet with an anonymous person on the internet. I’m sure you aren’t either but you find it’s easier to play games than have a real discussion do troll away.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back