PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Ravens want the world to know they’re through with Flacco

stupid impulse contract by ratbirds

Well no one will trade for him at that contract.
Why not? If your front office truly believes that Flaccid can be a difference-maker (Miami, Jacksonville, Denver etc.) and you are sufficiently under the cap as many teams will be this offseason, then I can certainly understand if one of them pulls the trigger on a trade.

What’s the line? Released or trade.....my bet, release

Why not? If your front office truly believes that Flaccid can be a difference-maker (Miami, Jacksonville, Denver etc.) and you are sufficiently under the cap as many teams will be this offseason, then I can certainly understand if one of them pulls the trigger on a trade.

Flacco hasn't been more than an average QB for several seasons. You really think Flacco at this point is an upgrade from Tannehill?

Flacco was never a very good QB. He has a great arm, but that is about it. He got paid because in several playoff series he played out of his head, but even in those seasons he was not the greatest of QB in the regular season and got into the playoffs due to the Ravens' stellar defense.

I see Flacco at his best as a modern day Bledsoe circa the 1990s. And the league isn't built for Bledsoes anymore. It can make him play awesome in some games, even playoff games, but he will never be consistently an above average QB.

And unless you have a good o-line and at least one WR who can go deep, he is useless to you.

Well no one will trade for him at that contract.

I wouldn't be so quick to go with that baseless assumption. There is no more guaranteed money on Flacco's contract. A team trading for him would be looking at base salaries of $18.5M/$20.25M/$24.25M for his remaining 3 years. Certainly there are teams (Jax?) that would consider taking a one year flyer on Jump Ball Joe at $18.25M.

What’s the line? Released or trade.....my bet, release

I'm thinking trade. Whether released or traded he will will cost the ratbirds the same amount in dead cap money so even if the return was only a 5-7th rounder it's worth it.

Maybe Baltimore will now have enough QB money to feed their current QB a few cheeseburgers.

Why wouldn’t Jacksonville wait for the eagles to cut foles? Couglin is an nfc east guy.

Why wouldn’t Jacksonville wait for the eagles to cut foles? Couglin is an nfc east guy.

Because if you trade for him, you can have him for 3 years at somewhat reasonable starter money, if you have the cap space. And if he sucks, you can cut him for cheap after one year.

There will be more than one team interested in his services. And if he does hit free agency, he'll be making more money than he is now.

If Flacco is healthy, which I understand he is, why wouldn't a team that had all the ingredients except a top QB trade for him? They only have to pay a couple years on that contract and wouldn't they need to pay that for most starting QBs anyway?

Trails only Brady in playoff wins and percentage as I see it and has a cannon for an arm.

As has been posted, he probably ends up with a ****ty team who would be better off developing young players.

Ironically, the Ratbirds would be the type of team who could use him, lol.

Last edited:
Flacco hasn't been more than an average QB for several seasons. You really think Flacco at this point is an upgrade from Tannehill?

Flacco was never a very good QB. He has a great arm, but that is about it. He got paid because in several playoff series he played out of his head, but even in those seasons he was not the greatest of QB in the regular season and got into the playoffs due to the Ravens' stellar defense.

I see Flacco at his best as a modern day Bledsoe circa the 1990s. And the league isn't built for Bledsoes anymore. It can make him play awesome in some games, even playoff games, but he will never be consistently an above average QB.

And unless you have a good o-line and at least one WR who can go deep, he is useless to you.

Ravens could have used Bledsoe today. It's generally good to play awesome in playoff games.

If Flacco is healthy, which I understand he is, why wouldn't a team who had all the ingredients except a top QB trade for him? They only have to pay a couple years on that contract and wouldn't they need to pay that for most starting QBs anyway?

Trails only Brady in playoff wins and percentage as I see it and has a cannon for an arm.

As has been posted, he probably ends up with a ****ty team who would be better off developing young players.

Ironically, the Ratbirds would be the type of team who could use him, lol.
IMHO, jump ball joe isn’t a top quarterback, average at best.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back