PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Patriots interested in trading for TE Hayden Hurst

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the Ravens are like the Pats, do what's best for the team. So, assuming the Ravens want to trade Hurst and assuming the best offer they receive is from the Pats, say a 3rdrd. pick, then I see no reason why they would not go ahead and trade Hurst to the Pats. There are no guarantees that Hurst would make any impact on the Pats.

I believe the Ravens are like the Pats, do what's best for the team. So, assuming the Ravens want to trade Hurst and assuming the best offer they receive is from the Pats, say a 3rdrd. pick, then I see no reason why they would not go ahead and trade Hurst to the Pats. There are no guarantees that Hurst would make any impact on the Pats.

Nothing more than a fourth for hurst.

If all of these moves were available and cost the same amount of draft capital, would you:
  • Trade for Hurst
  • Trade for Howard
  • Draft Moss
  • Draft Albert Ok
  • Draft another TE
I’d kinda lean towards drafting the beat available right now.

Well, this thread beats all the Brady threads....

It moves the needle for me....

Dude...you gotta come up with a better nickname for your wang than 'The Needle'.

If all of these moves were available and cost the same amount of draft capital, would you:
  • Trade for Hurst
  • Trade for Howard
  • Draft Moss
  • Draft Albert Ok
  • Draft another TE
I’d kinda lean towards drafting the beat available right now.
As of right now? Id honestly roll with Howard based soley on his blocking skills it would be a tremendous addition to our offense (also a huge upgrade to last years group. In an ideal world..Id trade for one of the vets AND still draft a TE.

I’d rather have Kmet and/or Harrison Bryant in a Pats uniform. Hurst has been a stiff so far and I really don’t feel like having to overpay the Ravens so they’ll trade him to us.

Last edited:
I’d rather have Kmet and/or Harrison Bryant in a Pats uniform. Hurst has been a stiff so far and I really don’t feel like having to overpaying the Ravens so they’ll trade him to us.

Agreed, i just dont know enough about him. If it was a 4th or 5th I’d say yeah, but since they dont have a 2nd, those 3rd rounders are much more important.

Got to admit, I’m intrigued about Trautman, not the one from First Blood. He isn’t a secret anymore though sadly.

It was fairly clear from the start that this was a case of the Ravens telling the Jaguars that the Patriots were interested, rather than actual confirmed interest.

It was fairly clear from the start that this was a case of the Ravens telling the Jaguars that the Patriots were interested, rather than actual confirmed interest.

What a delicious combination of fear and respect other teams have for the Patriots, that the mere mention of their name in a rumor could make a team pay more to keep a player out of their hands.

I’d rather have Kmet and/or Harrison Bryant in a Pats uniform. Hurst has been a stiff so far and I really don’t feel like having to overpay the Ravens so they’ll trade him to us.

If kmet runs under 4.70 this week, I have feeling bb will be all over that!

As opposed to all of the Patriots pass catchers(excluding Edelman) this year who have shown they suck when they fail at getting any seperation?
You and @captain stone are confused on my initial post. I'll clarify. Their scheme gets them wide open because LB's have to chose between the RB and QB with their read option. The LB's hesitation has TE's running right past them thus leaving them wide open. Vernon Davis miraculously became a Pro Bowl TE in this same offense. Put them in an offense with a stationary QB and you can man up on them.

You and @captain stone are confused on my initial post. I'll clarify. Their scheme gets them wide open because LB's have to chose between the RB and QB with their read option. The LB's hesitation has TE's running right past them thus leaving them wide open. Vernon Davis miraculously became a Pro Bowl TE in this same offense. Put them in an offense with a stationary QB and you can man up on them.

This is 100% spot on...but I still like Hurst the player and think hes a fine TE. Not the next GOAT but definitely a servicable player.

We should've had him already...

we missed out on a lot of Iowa and Stanford tight ends recently.

That is why we need to draft Parkinson from Stanford. He might be the best blocking tight end in this draft, and he can make catches in the deep seam.

we missed out on a lot of Iowa and Stanford tight ends recently.

That is why we need to draft Parkinson from Stanford. He might be the best blocking tight end in this draft, and he can make catches in the deep seam.

My father-in-law got Parkinson and it hasn’t been like you describe at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes