PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Patriots fired up over what they've seen from Jamie Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.
So people are here are getting pumped based on an unsubstantiated quote from Jeff Howe...

“The coaching staff is fired up over what they’ve seen from linebacker Jamie Collins, both on the field and in the building,” said Howe.
I thought you were in London?

So people are here are getting pumped based on an unsubstantiated quote from Jeff Howe...

“The coaching staff is fired up over what they’ve seen from linebacker Jamie Collins, both on the field and in the building,” said Howe.

There have been other reports from practices.

Patriots Minicamp Winners And Losers: Jamie Collins Among Standouts

Jamie Collins Collins, sporting No. 8, was another beneficiary of circumstance. Kyle Van Noy was limited in practice early in the week, thrusting Collins back into a top role. He had a really nice string of practices, and we’re now more open to the possibility that he could beat out Ja’Whaun Bentley for a starting role next to Van Noy and Dont’a Hightower. That’s an intimidating trio.

Last edited:
Not sure why we are surprised at Jamie Collins showing up for practice, it has never been about his incredible athletic and football ability, it was always about his penchant for freelancing and not "holding the edge".. Collins is an incredible athlete who is a very versatile LB and made better if he does what he is supposed to do..

At this point in the offseason, I'll get pumped about hearing that one of our players put their shoes on this morning.

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but did Matt Lacosse make the team because we needed a TE or because his name is too similar to Lacrosse?

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but did Matt Lacosse make the team because we needed a TE or because his name is too similar to Lacrosse?

Joke's aside, Matt Lacosse hasn't made the team yet.

Patriots Minicamp Winners And Losers: Jamie Collins Among Standouts

Jamie Collins Collins, sporting No. 8, was another beneficiary of circumstance. Kyle Van Noy was limited in practice early in the week, thrusting Collins back into a top role. He had a really nice string of practices, and we’re now more open to the possibility that he could beat out Ja’Whaun Bentley for a starting role next to Van Noy and Dont’a Hightower. That’s an intimidating trio.

I was looking for some negative news about Collins.....this just confirms what has been printed about Jamie so far . Thanks for those other sources Zuma :)

At this point in the offseason, I'll get pumped about hearing that one of our players put their shoes on this morning.

Same. Counting down the days till training camp haha

Not sure why we are surprised at Jamie Collins showing up for practice, it has never been about his incredible athletic and football ability, it was always about his penchant for freelancing and not "holding the edge".. Collins is an incredible athlete who is a very versatile LB and made better if he does what he is supposed to do..

I guess you forgot episodes like practicing with plastic bag wrapped hands because he got a manicure.

I guess you forgot episodes like practicing with plastic bag wrapped hands because he got a manicure.

If true he’s using the Patriots to get an NBA contract.

I'm gonna wait till I see it there's a reason he was traded & the browns bailed on him. But I do hope he brings the Ruckus!!!

tenor.gif

Here's the point. Pat Chung left here in disgrace. Then he was worse with the Eagles. :eek: He comes back with his tail between his legs and then suddenly he becomes a consistent rock in one of the best secondaries in the league. Why? Because (according to Bill) he learned how to use his skills better.

I for one look for Jaime Collins to be our most dynamic defensive player this season. Why, because Bill, THIS time around, will use him "better". He probably won't ask to "set the edge much. Instead of playing him outside on the edge in running situations, he'll be in the middle with KVN using his speed to run down RB's Using his explosiveness to create a vertical threat up the middle.

And although he's not even in the same breath as Lawrence Taylor, he's the closest thing BB has had to him while he's been with the Pats. It took some time, but Bill also learned to deal with Lawrence's free-lancing over the years, partially by making Taylor a smarter player. Remember it's NOT freelancing when you make the play. (as Taylor did so often)

Believe me, it WILL be better for Collins this time around. The bad news will be that I expect him to have SUCH a good upcoming year, that the Pats will unlikely be able to afford him for the 2021 season. But I can live with that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes