PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Remember when...Major Applewhite...

Status
Not open for further replies.
His name is Major?

Who's tree? He has no relationship to BB aside from the fact we signed him as an UDFA and he quit a month later before ever participating in the program here because he saw himself persuing coaching - which he did entirely on his own, apparently.

He was brought in by BB and now is employed as Saban's OC

you see no relationship by proxy from this?

I do...

I lived in austin while Major applewhite was QB.

Maybe the best field general ever, but no size, mobility or athleticism.

Life is unfair. for Chis Simms to be in the NFL and Major not is a travesty

I remember thinking that this guy would be what Tom Brady ended up being, actually. Major Applewhite was a fiery leader, a never say die guy, everyone loved him, he was super clutch, but he always fought for playing time with a higher-pedigreed kid named Chris Simms. Major's story is so similar to Tom Brady's story at Michigan.

I lived in austin while Major applewhite was QB.

Maybe the best field general ever, but no size, mobility or athleticism.

Life is unfair. for Chis Simms to be in the NFL and Major not is a travesty

The real travesty would be if the NFL had 72inch shrimpy QB's running around and lobbing 15 yard out patterns.
I recall Major in college...hard not to cheer for him, but if I were he, I'd focus on my academics and make a career for myself. At least he is an Asst. Coach at a high profile program.

The real travesty would be if the NFL had 72inch shrimpy QB's running around and lobbing 15 yard out patterns.
I recall Major in college...hard not to cheer for him, but if I were he, I'd focus on my academics and make a career for myself. At least he is an Asst. Coach at a high profile program.

Of course he doesn't have the physical attributes, but i'd dtill like to seehim coming off the bench for my team.

He knows he didn't have an NFL body, T hat'swhy he turned down the Patriots opportunity.

Still, despite having to wait for Simms to choke up a few interception before he could get in as a senior, He set 44 Longhorn records.

I know he'd never play NFL because of his size, but I'd take him over Simms any day.

Of course he doesn't have the physical attributes, but i'd dtill like to seehim coming off the bench for my team.

He knows he didn't have an NFL body, T hat'swhy he turned down the Patriots opportunity.

Still, despite having to wait for Simms to choke up a few interception before he could get in as a senior, He set 44 Longhorn records.

I know he'd never play NFL because of his size, but I'd take him over Simms any day.

Doug Flutie and Drew Brees say, "Huh?" :)

I don't understand why people said this guy was 'small'. He is 6'2, the same height as Brett Favre. His 2002 scouting reports say he had a strong arm, and he set 48 passing records at UT.

Last edited:
Okay, he might be on the coaching tree, but the Applewhite doesn't fall far from the tree...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots