PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox 2020 Random Chat

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Red Sox supposedly interested in Will Meyers ...
Will get him and some prospects but they are not saying what we will give.
I think I am going to like Chaim Bloom

Red Sox supposedly interested in Will Meyers ...
Will get him and some prospects but they are not saying what we will give.
I think I am going to like Chaim Bloom
From what I understand, it’s all about how much of the remaining 61m SD will eat, since the move is basically a cash dump that greatly benefits the Padres.

I’m pretty sure that the RS interest all comes from starting pitcher Cal Quantrill, and if true, that’s potentially a pretty big score. I think there was another decent prospect in there, too.

I’m hoping that SD will eat a bigger portion of Myers’ salary and that they’ll agree on this deal, soon.

The addition of Myers would give them four quality outfielding options, since they also just added Pillar last week. That’s also not great news for Verdugo, the top rated prospect from LA, whose injury may be something that they are very cautious about due to the fact that it’s been chronic and seems to be lingering.

How random should I be in this thread?

Mike Greenwell struck out and Mookie Betts is a good bowler. Chris Sale, stolen base, Pesky Pole, Jerry Remy. Home run Carlton Fisk!

I think they need to save some more money. :rolleyes:

Mike Greenwell struck out and Mookie Betts is a good bowler. Chris Sale, stolen base, Pesky Pole, Jerry Remy. Home run Carlton Fisk!
not that random. although, I once ate a potato chip that looked like Lou Gorman

What would SD expect in return?
I don't see a need for Myers unless they are including a MLB OF like Jackie Bradley in the trade.

MetallicLastAmericanshorthair-small.gif

not that random. although, I once ate a potato chip that looked like Lou Gorman

Lou Where Would We Play Willie McGee Gorman has probably eaten enough potato chips to represent every living person on Earth.

Last edited:
And I'm stilled bummed that Brock Holt wasn't re-signed...Who's going to play 2nd Base vs right-handed pitching?

And I'm stilled bummed that Brock Holt wasn't re-signed...Who's going to play 2nd Base vs right-handed pitching?
They signed Jose Peraza to compete with Chavis for the lead role at 2nd base, but both of them bat righty, so I think Peraza will be the 2B when Chavis moves over to 1B (versus lefties when Moreland will sit).

At any rate, Peraza batted .288 in 2018 with a ton of at bats (632), but his numbers fell to .239 last season where he saw less at bats (376).

I’d be happy if Scooter Gennett was brought in, but the fact that he’s still a free agent could mean that he’s still battling the groin injury that severely limited him in 2019.

Doesn’t look like they’re going to agree on the trade that would’ve brought Myers (and much more importantly, starting pitcher Cal Quantrill) over from the Padres. That’s a shame, because they could use the starting pitching, especially with Sale starting the year on the IL for at least 2-3 weeks to begin the season.

Sale to have MRI. It was a matter of time i guess since his arm is hanging on by a thread as it is. This will be a nice year since i have zero expectations for this group.

Sale to have MRI. It was a matter of time i guess since his arm is hanging on by a thread as it is. This will be a nice year since i have zero expectations for this group.
If he needs Tommy John surgery, he’ll not only miss all of 2020, but most, if not all, of 2021. It would be devastating news for the Red Sox, as his 5 year/145m dollar deal hasn’t even kicked in yet.

If he needs Tommy John surgery, he’ll not only miss all of 2020, but most, if not all, of 2021. It would be devastating news for the Red Sox, as his 5 year/145m dollar deal hasn’t even kicked in yet.
And this is why Dumbrowski was Correctly fired less than one year after winning the World Series ...Thanks Davey...

And this is why Dumbrowski was Correctly fired less than one year after winning the World Series ...Thanks Davey...
i blame john henry. he writes the checks and has the final say.

DD screwed this organization the day he was hired. Many of us predicted he would deplete the farm system and we were right. Horrible hire even though we got a World Series out of it. Bloom was a good hire and the right guy to get us back to a well balanced organization. Still lots of work to do but i think Bloom will do a good job.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back