PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Flag

billdog3484

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Why do I have a red flag next to my name? I havent cursed on this board or said anything about anyone. I would like to know why this occurred. Thanks

bP

Why do I have a red flag next to my name? I havent cursed on this board or said anything about anyone. I would like to know why this occurred. Thanks

bP

You must have ticked some people off. That is your reputation. By clicking on the little scale in the upper right of someone's post you can choose between approving or disapproving of the post. Too many negative and you go red. I guess you're right on the bubble. I gave you an approval since you seem to be a decent guy and it went back to green. Good luck. :)

k thanks for giving me some positive feedback. dont know how i ticked anyone off....whatever though. not everyone is going to agree with me every time i guess.

I didn't know this. Good to know now!

Don't sweat it. I have neg feedback from one guy that has been banned and another with the constructive criticism of "mod wannabe" for suggesting that a Chad Jackson thread should be closed :rolleyes: I post my thoughts. People can agree or disagree.

Last edited:
What happens if you get , say, 150 negative post rep things, anything? Can you earn green marks?

I feel like I have been branded with a Scarlet letter.:mad:

After all green is my color.:)

bP

Pretty much already been answered but............ if you click on the link in the bar above entitled User CP, it'll take you to an area where you can change settings. ect..... You can also see the latest reputations remarks. about you. When you give reputation god/bad you can also leave a comment.

I find the occasional red I get, people leave equally inane comments like "moron", "you're a tool", ect.... So it's not real helpful. However, it also gives you a link to the post that received the rating. If you pay attention to those, you generally can get a feel for what most people like or don't like. It's not foolproof of course, but I can say that the chances are high that I'll get a greenie or two for this post, because I'm being so helpful :D , and in the past, I found helping someone on here generally elicits an attaboy. Being able to see what posts get votes on (good or bad) is a very good way find out what about your posts tick people off, or makes that give you praise.

In the end, it doesn't mean a whole lot. If you're sensitive to it, stay out of the Political Forum. Reds and greens fly in there like crazy.

Last edited:
What happens if you get , say, 150 negative post rep things, anything? Can you earn green marks?

I feel like I have been branded with a Scarlet letter.:mad:

After all green is my color.:)

======================================================

So I did some searching around in the help section, and I have learned a lot about how the rep system works.

You can earn red or green marks simply by posting helpful, positive, constructive post's, or by pissing folks off.

I would prefer to be in the green, but I find the feedback from the comments left by the posters who flag to be helpful.

And I think it is a nice reward for some of the better posters to have multiple green boxes.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back