PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Real Life: Denver trades pick #22 to the 49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.
That means we have to redo the interactive draft!

Who do they want at #22? DeAngelo Williams? Manny Lawson?

patchick said:
Thank you for the "real life" tag! In fact, I would be IMMENSELY grateful if future posts in the interactive mock would identify themselves similarly. Pretty please?

Actually, if there's a moderator among us, I'd support deleting a few threads, like the "on the clock" ones.

stinkypete said:
Who do they want at #22? DeAngelo Williams? Manny Lawson?

I dont know who they want, but I do know whoever they get will be an improvement. I don't understand why a team with as many needs as SF woul give away early 3rd round picks for a marginal move up.

On the other hand, I think the Broncos are very well positioned to grab a TE or RB, perhaps even both, in the second round.

I agree it looks like the Broncos clearly got better in this trade at this point.
Time will tell.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Not to be confused with the interactive Mock going on. :)

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=5512

Donks give up #22 for #37 and #68

this was the exact trade that I had invisioned for us on draft day. I even posted it on a thread called "who would be our trading partner" or some such nonsense. Then I was going to use those picks to find a trading partner to go into the 2nd round giving us 3 2nd round choices.

Friggin Broncos must be reading this board. No more free info from me.:enranged:

Ouch, this might throw a wrench in my Stovall to the Pats in the second round plan.

patchick said:
Thank you for the "real life" tag! In fact, I would be IMMENSELY grateful if future posts in the interactive mock would identify themselves similarly. Pretty please?
Yeah, I know. The first time I clicked on a "Team X looking to trade" thread and found out that it was about the mock and not reality, it kinda irked me.. but I figured I'm not active enough in this forum to b|tch about it. ;)

Would be awfully cool of all the Interactive Mock Draft threads were prefaced with MOCK: or IMD: ...etc. Would just make scanning this forum for news easier.

The old calculator has the points as exactly equal.

It seems likely that SF is considering offering trades for the #2 pick, or even the #3

jct said:
I agree it looks like the Broncos clearly got better in this trade at this point.
Time will tell.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Yeah, I know. The first time I clicked on a "Team X looking to trade" thread and found out that it was about the mock and not reality, it kinda irked me.. but I figured I'm not active enough in this forum to b|tch about it. ;)

Would be awfully cool of all the Interactive Mock Draft threads were prefaced with MOCK: or IMD: ...etc. Would just make scanning this forum for news easier.

Mock drafts are total speculation but they are a way to get a look at different players and how some people rank them.

But, when people start doing trades with mocks that is total fantasy and really meaningless speculation. You have to have willing trading partner in order to do a trade. No one knows for sure who those trading partners may be.

The last time I said this , I got hate replies but I stand by it.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

Or - why can't they just conduct all of that in ONE thread? There's really no need to start a new thread for every pick. Actually, two threads - one announcing "team X is on the clock!!", then "team X picks so-and-so!". Come on guys - it's interesting, but you're pushing every other thread back, and clogging up the forum. Can't you keep it in one thread?

IMO, San Franciso traded up into late round 1 to target an OLB - unless for some reason AJ Hawk falls to them at 5. OLB will be a big need for them, and late first round is where to get a good one this year. Them moving up just seems to add one more team to the list between 22 and 32 who is highly likely to take an OLB - and IMO makes it less appealing for us to trade down into round 2. If we do, likely many good OLBs will be flying off the board before we get to pick.

Realistically, we probably should have started a separate forum for the mock draft.

Well, since mgteich is a moderator, he can probably delete expired threads. On the first page:

Paging Dr. Patriots
Chicago will entertain offers for the 26th pick
stinkypete is now on the clock
chunkyponyte84 is now on the clock
(interactive mock) the Patriots have traded down
irishhooligan is on the clock
Is it true that Stinypete while making his own pick at #21 ( 1 2)
Carolina is on the clock
Poll: Denver's Pick
irish hooligan is now on the clock (two different threads with this name)
Viking Select Ernie Sims

I would recommend he do so if able.

big mike said:
IMO, San Franciso traded up into late round 1 to target an OLB - unless for some reason AJ Hawk falls to them at 5. OLB will be a big need for them, and late first round is where to get a good one this year. Them moving up just seems to add one more team to the list between 22 and 32 who is highly likely to take an OLB - and IMO makes it less appealing for us to trade down into round 2. If we do, likely many good OLBs will be flying off the board before we get to pick.

I agree with this analysis.

I also agree with PatsNut that 3 2nd's would be awesome, but I'm not willing to give up our 1st to do it! Let's trade a bunch of 4's, 5's, and 6's for a small selection of NICE 2's and/or 3's!

PATSNUTme said:
Mock drafts are total speculation but they are a way to get a look at different players and how some people rank them.

But, when people start doing trades with mocks that is total fantasy and really meaningless speculation. You have to have willing trading partner in order to do a trade. No one knows for sure who those trading partners may be.

The last time I said this , I got hate replies but I stand by it.
But I dooooo hate you! :enranged:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye