PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Read Mock Draft..Author is an Idiot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisticuffs

Rookie
Reaction score
Take a look at what the author says about the Pats.

"21. New England Patriots - Tamba Hali, DE Penn State
His stock shot up even more after Senior Bowl week. The Patriots could stand to get a little younger up front."

They need to get young up front? With Warren (25), Wilfork (24) and Seymour (26), Yeah I would say their getting a little old up front. LOL. WTF? This guy clearly has no idea what the hell he is talking about!

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5329722

6'3", 267 lbs. - small for a defensive linemen. The Pats could possibly convert him into a linebacker.

Dumb-arse comment about the Pats age.

Last edited:
I think that if they drafted Hali he would play OLB in the 3-4. Just like if we drafted Kiwi.

tatepatsfan said:
I think that if they drafted Hali he would play OLB in the 3-4. Just like if we drafted Kiwi.

No way in hell he's a linebacker. Hali is 275 pounds.

For his first three years at Penn State, he weighed 290 and played Defensive Tackle. This kid is a Patriots style DE, perfect for the 3-4. In the NFL, he'd be playing end at 290 pounds. He's an excellent run stopper, but he's not going to be a holy terror on blitzes.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/de.html

He is listed as 267 there...yes as a DE, but plenty of other sites list him as a 'tweener DE/OLB. He could easily shed 5-10 lbs., be the weight of say McGinest or Vrabel, and play LB in our system. If he goes to a team who plays a base 4-3, then he will probably play DE there.

tatepatsfan said:
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/de.html

He is listed as 267 there...yes as a DE, but plenty of other sites list him as a 'tweener DE/OLB. He could easily shed 5-10 lbs., be the weight of say McGinest or Vrabel, and play LB in our system. If he goes to a team who plays a base 4-3, then he will probably play DE there.

I know this kid like the back of my hand. I've watched him play in about 40 college games, many of them live. He is at 275, and he's not going to get any lighter. He played at 290-295 at defensive tackle for about 3 years. If teams think they're going to play him at OLB, they are absolutely dreaming. His body type is definitely made for the DL. Not OLB material at all. He had to slim down big time just to get outside the middle, and when he did, he was stilla t 270-275.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes