ANNOUNCEMENT RE: A Quick Word About the Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
I just want to put this out there, because given their contributions here and everything they do behind the scenes day in, and day out, I want to make something clear: They do the absolute best they can in every situation and with hundreds of people and personalities, it's an incredibly difficult - and thankless - job.

When it comes to the game day threads, it's really simple. Criticizing the team is fine, but all we ask is to at least try and stay relatively balanced while the team is still in the game. I've said this before, it's like being in a room with someone who just keeps saying "they suck" when you're still hoping they'll make a play and get back into the game. Eventually, it just reaches a point where they're left to make a tough decision if it starts getting out of control.

Obviously, tonight was a different issue since this one went completely off the rails given how the team played. But I can promise you, the mods don't get off on kicking anyone out, and they do the best they can and have zero desire to boot anyone. They're just trying to keep the discussion productive, which when things get out of hand and the complaints reach a ridiculous level, it obviously becomes difficult.

But they have my 100% support because you couldn't ask for a better group of people who love the team but also really care about everyone in here. It's never fun to be in a position where they make the decision to delete a post or issue a thread ban. Obviously, I get why people get upset, but try and remember it's not easy and they're also just trying to watch the game and stay optimistic, no matter how bad the team may have looked tonight :eek:

Last edited:
A quick bump - because, like most of you, I have to go to bed and then get up in four hours. Call me crazy, but I'm guessing it's going to be a long week. :rolleyes:

I just put the Game Day Discussion on Thread Ignore.

Problem Solved.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing