PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens strategic blunder vs Tenn... anybody else notice this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The RatBird fanbase keeps referencing their season record win total as an accomplishment. LMAO

The Ravens came into the game and didn't think their run game could be stopped and had no backup plan once it failed. They were shocked when their 4th down qb sneaks failed etc. The Ravens ignored that the Titan's short yardage d stopped us only last week at the goal line.

I enjoyed watching the Ravens look confused.
I enjoyed every second of failure by the ratbirds. It was a joyous afternoon with my 90 year old father.

Not nearly as good as watching the Pats but pretty fun. I doubt many New Englanders weren’t happy with the results

The RatBird fanbase keeps referencing their season record win total as an accomplishment. LMAO
Player and team Statistics are meaningless

That’s something many fans fail to grasp. It’s a team game and all that matters is team success

Player and team Statistics are meaningless

That’s something many fans fail to grasp. It’s a team game and all that matters is team success
I could be wrong, and it isn’t a “100% sure thing” but I find that players who have never lifted the trophy seem more emotional when they make the HoF / win MVP. Tomlinson comes to mind.

111111a-RAVENS.jpg

Not every team makes it to the afc championship, superbowl consistently like the Pats do. Don’t see it as a bad thing to call it a good season. Disappointing ending? Yeah, but they achieved quite a bit to the average NFL fan.

Not every team makes it to the afc championship, superbowl consistently like the Pats do. Don’t see it as a bad thing to call it a good season. Disappointing ending? Yeah, but they achieved quite a bit to the average NFL fan.
Agreed but they were talking Superbowl. Lamar was talking about being Tom Brady. They made their bed.

Once the Titans got up by 2 TDs... which I believe happened right at the beginning of the 2nd quarter... the Ravens stopped running their core play... RPO’s... almost completely.

Instead, Jackson was dropping back every play... or running it himself. The RBs had hardly any carries from that point on (9 in the game TOTAL).

Dunno if it was panic, or what, but the Balt OC basically was acting like it was the 4th quarter. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad they did that. :) But what an idiot. Or put another way...

Cross-posting this from another thread (which I normally try to avoid but feel is relevant in this case): Tennessee's defense did a good job forcing the Ravens to rely more on the pass but even then they still moved the ball. Don't forget that a big component of what makes Jackson effective in the RPO is Ingram, who was hobbled. Again, I think this game spun on the turnovers and fourth-down stops more than any ill-advised tactical changeup by OC Roman.

Last edited:
Seemed to me the Ravens had relatively little trouble moving the ball most of the game — certainly less trouble than we did. For example, they had 3rd and 16 from their own 10 with 1:45 left in the second quarter and got a FG out of it, almost a TD. That drive was a thing of beauty.

As someone else pointed out, what killed them was three turnovers and four failed fourth down conversions. That’s how you put up 500 yards and score 12 points. Those are all on the offense, sure, but in general the offense did pretty well and their approach didn’t seem to be a strategic blunder.
THIS x100. They had over 500 yards of offense. Give the Titans D some credit for making key stops on 3rd and 4th down.

They achieved zero

mid take a 14-2 year with a home playoff game anytime between 1987-1994.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back