PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rashad Moore signs with Falcons

Status
Not open for further replies.

captain stone

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
According to USA Today's Transactions Page.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/st.htm

Does that make The Widowmaker Wilfork's backup, or will the FO look to upgrade?
(And if anyone suggests Mike Wright, I'll have to reach through my monitor and dope-slap ya.)

another team picking our scraps.

Thought he was headed elsewhere..the talk is Grady Jackson as a back up..I like Wright..but he's really NOT the NT backup they need...

Good Morning, and time to go Moe Howard on y'all...

Mike Wright is closer in weight to me (well almost, but you get the point) than he is to Big Vince. Whenever I see Wright inside in a short-yardage situation, he gets blown off the LOS. Anyone who weighs 290-295 is not an adequate NT, even a backup one, in a 3-4 defense.

Don't be surprised to see a vet NT-type signed before the draft, unless the FO feels that LeKevin is up to the challenge.

Last edited:
Mike Wright seems to be like almost every other young DL who sticks with the Pats -- starting his career at NT, then moving to DE.

Seymour, Warren, and Green also started out at NT, if memory serves.

Good Morning, and time to go Moe Howard on y'all...

Mike Wright is closer in weight to me (well almost, but you get the point) than he is to Big Vince. Whenever I see Wright inside in a short-yardage situation, he gets blown off the LOS. Anyone who weighs 290-295 is not an adequate NT, even a backup one, in a 3-4 defense.

Don't be surprised to see a vet NT-type signed before the draft, unless the FO feels that LeKevin is up to the challenge.

Tim Goad was even lighter than that in a 3-4, and that was back in the days when everyone was roided up on the offensive line. I believe Tim Goad played in the early 1990s on those hideous Patriots teams. Could you imagine that he used to go up against the Dallas OL?

Hey, bring back Mike Ruth!!

Tim Goad was even lighter than that in a 3-4, and that was back in the days when everyone was roided up on the offensive line. I believe Tim Goad played in the early 1990s on those hideous Patriots teams. Could you imagine that he used to go up against the Dallas OL?

Hey, bring back Mike Ruth!!

Tim Goad was a tough, durable and productive DT/NT for us from '88-'94. When Parcells arrived in '93 and re-established the 3-4, Goad was miscast as an undersized NT. Still, he recorded 3 sacks for -24 yards in '94. Unfortunately, Parcells allowed him to walk after that season to, ironically, Bill Belichick's Cleveland Browns. Even in his final year of pro football, Goad recorded 3 sacks for -19 yards with the now-Baltimore Ravens in '96.

I remember during the '86 draft, fans of the AFC Champion NEP who were in attendance started chanting "Ruth, Ruth..." when the Pats were on the clock for their pick in the first round. With that pick, they selected Reggie "Two Yard" Dupard. They did end up taking Ruth halfway through the 2nd round. But steroids and short arms killed his career after only 2 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots