PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Responds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummer that it wasn't some other Randy Moss. Who knows what happened, but it must be hard, if what Randy says is true, to know who to trust when you are one of these famous players. It's almost like you are better off locking yourself in a tower for the length of your career, so that either a) you don't attract people looking to make a quick buck and leach off you, or b) (if she is telling the truth) all your dirty laundry and less-than-shining-moments are open to public consumption and ridicule.

Well, at least we know it's the right Randy Moss.

It just sounds weird.

I don't think it's that big of a deal even if he did "battery" her...unless there are broken bones or black eyes or something. Battery can mean a shove or something.

But here's a weird line.

"It definitely was not my intentions of doing anything like this, with this battery with the woman. That’s really not my makeup, that’s not me, I’ve never been in that situation where I’ve had to put my hands on any woman, any lady."

Not his intention? Sounds like he did something then. Otherwise he would have just said, "I never touched her", which he kind of did in the next line.

His story makes sense to me :

"All I know is that it’s a friend of mine, a young lady, it was an accident where she hurt herself, to where they called me, called my attorneys, trying to get X amount of dollars out of me, and if ‘we don’t get X amount of dollars’ they were going to go to the press before this game."

Given that this supposedly happend over the wildcard weekend. That's 10-11 days ago. Then this is filed yesterday. 9-10 days after "the incident". Hmmm. Why the wait ?

AND it seems like classic blackmail...we want money OR we will go to teh press etc etc..LOOK at the timing..a GOLD digger...and most likely NOT true at all...

It's too bad he didn't get a tape of them requesting money or going
public. Sounds like extortion to me. The "lady" could be in big trouble
if proved.

AND it seems like classic blackmail...we want money OR we will go to teh press etc etc..LOOK at the timing..a GOLD digger...and most likely NOT true at all...

You know, as a woman, I hate to say this but I can't even defend that comment. I've seen many females pull this stuff in my lifetime, and the guy doesn't have to be famous for them to do it.

What he desribed is an extortion attempt. Woman got hurt, then approached Moss demanding money under the threat of making accusations that he hurt her and that she would make the accusations before a big game, he refused, she followed through with that threat. We'll see how it shakes out.

Not his intention? Sounds like he did something then. Otherwise he would have just said, "I never touched her", which he kind of did in the next line.
I wouldn't go parsing every word he stated. He's not a lawyer nor an orator.

This says it all IMO :

"In my whole entire life of living, 30 years, I have never put my hand on one woman, physically or in an angry manner."

I don't think it's that big of a deal even if he did "battery" her...unless there are broken bones or black eyes or something. Battery can mean a shove or something.

Not trying to hijack this into a social awareness thread, but come on, big guy. At least rephrase, not that big a deal. I'm sure that is not how you meant that.

Now if he never touched her and she's trying to get paid, which it very well could be, that clearly sucks.

Last edited:
Well, no matter how you look at it, this sucks. Oh well.

Unless/until criminal charges are filed, who gives a $hi#.

I wouldn't go parsing every word he stated. He's not a lawyer nor an orator.

This says it all IMO :

"In my whole entire life of living, 30 years, I have never put my hand on one woman, physically or in an angry manner."

Unfortunately, a good lawyer for the woman WILL parse every word in an attempt to use it against Moss.

Not trying to hijack this into a social awareness thread, but come on, big guy. At least rephrase, not that big a deal.

Now if he never touched her and she's trying to get paid, which it very well could be, that clearly sucks.

I guess when Marvin Harrison was sued for assaulting two underage kids trying to get his autograph at the pro bowl, you felt the same moral outrage. @$$clown.

Last edited:
It sounds like a gold digger who is trying to get money and is doing it at the worst possible time. I doubt she can get the lawyers Randy can get, and if this is false, which it very easily could be, a slander lawsuit would be justified and pretty hilarious if you ask me.

If there was any truth to the allegations, then there is no way that Randy Moss is commenting on it publically.

Supports my thoughts that the complaint is false.

When I read the allegations this AM, the first thing I thought was blackmail. The timing and everything is real suspect.

It really remind me a lot of that stripper who was trying to extort Bettis a few years ago.

Plus, really like Randy's anti-Clemens approach of taking the situation head on and stating outright he did not do anything wrong with what reads like strong conviction.

That's what innocent people tend do when accused of something. Not hide behind lawyers and answer "Next question."

It just sounds weird.

But here's a weird line.

"It definitely was not my intentions of doing anything like this, with this battery with the woman. That’s really not my makeup, that’s not me, I’ve never been in that situation where I’ve had to put my hands on any woman, any lady."

Looks like your looking for something that's not there if you ask me. Looks to me she's looking for money, that's all !!!

I would focus on this quote, unless your just digging for dirt !

"All I know is that it’s a friend of mine, a young lady, it was an accident where she hurt herself, to where they called me, called my attorneys, trying to get X amount of dollars out of me, and if ‘we don’t get X amount of dollars’ they were going to go to the press before this game."

Notice the parts where he says " she hurt herself ". Just a lowlife looking for money, I suspect lots of rich people have people around them waiting for a chance at the piece of pie, this girl is just going for hers.

If her attorneys are on record saying what he says they said, they are in more trouble then Randy. You can't say your going too go public before an important event unless he pays, that's bordering on blackmail ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back