Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you think Randy Moss belongs in the Patriots Hall of Fame?

• Yes

Votes: 47 61.0%
  • No

Votes: 30 39.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No sir. Shot his way out of town after three seasons. Should be a great honor and high degree of difficulty. Love Moss, but I wouldn’t put him in.

No sir. Shot his way out of town after three seasons. Should be a great honor and high degree of difficulty. Love Moss, but I wouldn’t put him in.
I hear ya...my feeling is that in that one season, no other Pats WR ever sniffed his jock. LOVED fans wearing the Randy mask too!

I say no. Not here long enough. Hate how he quit on the team his last season.
We are fortunate enough that rings are a criteria and he had none.

There are other NEPs who should be a higher priority than Randy.

Deserving? I don't like how he shot his way out of town but Law pulled the same crap only BB kept him. Bill traded Randy because he saw he was in decline.

I say no. Not here long enough. Hate how he quit on the team his last season.
We are fortunate enough that rings are a criteria and he had none.
There are multiple NEP HoF who do not have rings.

Then again I’m not going on a passionate rant to keep him out. I’d say him and Pedro Martinez are the two greatest Boson players I’ve ever seen (Orr was before my time) from the standpoint of “is this guy human?” Gronk not far behind.

Deserving, maybe. But, how many of these guys is he in over?

Rodney Harrison
Mike Vrabel
Logan Mankins
Wes Welker
Adam Vinatieri
Bill Belichick
Tom Brady
Deion Branch
Dont’a Hightower
Patrick Chung
Vince Wilfork
Rob Gronkowski
Julian Edelman
Devin McCourty
Rob Ninkovich
Jerod Mayo
James White

Curran mentioned Chung as having a strong case the other day and I don’t even see him in. There’s a VERY VERY crowded field.

Then again I’m not going on a passionate rant to keep him out. I’d say him and Pedro Martinez are the two greatest Boson players I’ve ever seen (Orr was before my time) from the standpoint of “is this guy human?” Gronk not far behind.
I got to watch Orr. I was 7 his rookie year. I didn’t know much about hockey at 7.

Within 2 years, I was playing street hockey everyday. I started playing ice hockey on ponds at first. And by the time I was 12-13, my friends and I were renting ice time at local rinks

I forget how many rinks were built in Boston during his career, but the Orr craze was incredible. A guy very much like Mr Tom Brady. Which makes me wonder if they’ve ever hung out together

That would be interesting

There's so many guys who played here longer that were instrumental to championship runs.

Malcolm Butler for instance probably deserves it more.

Larry wasn't human.

There are multiple NEP HoF who do not have rings.
I’m fine with no rings, but I think the guys in the Hall should be guys that are Patriots. Hard to describe but even tho Rodney has a long career in San Diego he really established himself as Patriot as well (think KG and Boston and Minnie). Does anybody really think Moss and think Patriots? I don’t think being a great player that played here is worthy of being in the Patriots Hall.

Yes

Short lived or not he was historic, and not simply because of the TD catches, but the impact he had overall. Moss is a legendary Patriot, he definitely should go in.

I’ll admit, despite his shortcomings, I love Randy Moss. He’s been a great ambassador for the Patriots in his role on NFL network.

“I said it when I got there and I’ll say it again...Tom Brady is hands down the greatest”

I hate when other players steal that line from him too.

There's so many guys who played here longer that were instrumental to championship runs.

Malcolm Butler for instance probably deserves it more.

Maybe, but on Induction Day BB will have him suit up, but keep him in the wings.

Deserving, maybe. But, how many of these guys is he in over?

Rodney Harrison
Mike Vrabel
Logan Mankins
Wes Welker
Adam Vinatieri
Bill Belichick
Tom Brady
Deion Branch
Dont’a Hightower
Patrick Chung
Vince Wilfork
Rob Gronkowski
Julian Edelman
Devin McCourty
Rob Ninkovich
Jerod Mayo
James White

Curran mentioned Chung as having a strong case the other day and I don’t even see him in. There’s a VERY VERY crowded field.
This one per year crap needs to go. Thats 17 right there. Maybe add a handful more like Shaq, Chung, Gost, etc and we are talking about potentially a multiple Super Bowl Champion like James White not getting in until 2041

I’m fine with no rings, but I think the guys in the Hall should be guys that are Patriots. Hard to describe but even tho Rodney has a long career in San Diego he really established himself as Patriot as well (think KG and Boston and Minnie). Does anybody really think Moss and think Patriots? I don’t think being a great player that played here is worthy of being in the Patriots Hall.

Joe Namath is in Canton because of a guarantee. Despite the loss in the SB, which cannot be pinned on Moss, they had an unreal season, and he was a big part of that.

I agree that people in general think of Moss and the Vikings, but he still deserves honor in Foxborough.

This one per year crap needs to go. Thats 17 right there. Maybe add a handful more like Shaq, Chung, Gost, etc and we are talking about potentially a multiple Super Bowl Champion like James White not getting in until 2041
I’m open to changing it up. What would you do two or three? Or maybe something else where it possibly changes depending on conditions.

Its nebulous but I agree with you. Was Leon Gray a Patriot? You could say he shot his way out of town with his contract demands. You could also say Billy was a cheap f-er (which is true). The team ran on a shoestring budget back then and was not the financial Godzilla it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes