PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Random Thoughts about the Lotto and Playoffs

The draft lottery is such a joke! In contrast, the NFL has taken a draft which each team has 10 minutes in the first round and goes for days, and makes it exciting.

So, what was more exciting the other night, the introduction of each teams representative or their display of emotion when the predetermined sequence was revealed? The only happy person the entire night was the Cleveland owner(1). This from the most talent loaded draft in a long, long time. What an epic failure!

@scout the biggest plus was the daughter of the owner for the Bucks. she was cute no doubt. besides that, yeah.

What's most interesting about this draft from a Celtics standpoint, is that even with just the 6th pick, Ainge has so many #1 picks stockpiled (what do they have, like 10 in the next 4 years?) that he has the ammunition to pretty much do what he wants

If he wants the #1 pick it can probably be had for a price. If he wants Kevin Love, he can be had for a price. Heck - if he wants both Wiggins and Love he actually has the ammunition to do that.

Now THAT would be interesting!

Whomever comes out of the West (I'm assuming it will be the Spurs) is going to have a lot of trouble with whomever comes out of the East. The West has been winning with offense, offense, and more offense while the East has been is going to be a grind-it-out, defensive series of basketball. OKC is not doing a good job of chasing San Antonio's shooters off the 3 point line. Either Indiana or Miami will do a much better job of that. The Spurs won't average over 100 points per game in the Finals, I can all but guarantee that.

As for the draft, it's been mentioned that there is a possibility of getting both Wiggins and Love. As a Heat fan, I would hate to see that. Three years from now, that's a team that (assuming the bench is stocked with shooters) could contend for the East. I'm still completely confused as to how the Cavs got the #1 overall pick again. It sounds like there is some foul play afoot there.

It will be tough for us to get a top 3 pick, but the Cavs are an awful organization so who knows. I would love to get Wiggins, but what team would trade a top 3 pick in this year's draft class for Green, Sullinger, etc...

Love would be great, I could see Minny trying to acquire a bunch of talent, but my guess we would have to give up our 1st round pick in the deal

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back