PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RALPH WEBB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow who is Ralph Webb is what I thought after preseason game 1. What an amazing story if he can keep this up!

If he continues to show up we're gonna be "backed" up :D

Hopefully he gets some 1st qtr reps to see what he has.
Had a great burst in the hole nice eyes now we need to see him against
NFL defenders instead of against guy who will be working at Starbucks in a month.

Last edited:
Hopefully he gets some 1st qtr reps to see what he has.
Had a great burst in the hole nice eyes now we need to see him against
NFL defenders instead og against guy who will be working at Starbucks in a month.

Yup. That's pretty much how I see it, although he can still show stuff regarding pure athleticism, etc, against whatever they put in front of him.

Coaches are still looking at fundamentals, techniques, and the ability & willingness to not just "do your job" but go above and beyond when the opportunity presents itself.

I like this guy. :)

giphy.gif

Hill noted that Webb received a shout-out from Bill Belichick in the post-game locker room.

"He ran hard, he was tough," Belichick said at his press conference. "He's not the biggest guy, but he's got good strength for his size and he runs hard. He got hit a lot down there. He showed us that in the spring and in training camp. He's a tough kid that runs with good pad level, he's got good speed, he catches the ball well. He made a nice catch on the two-point play."

Read more: Patriots rookie RB Ralph Webb stars in NFL debut: 'It's a dream come true'

No cap savings cutting Gillislee

I cannot figure out how they are going to keep him after such a nice game.
Rex Burkhead\James White\Sony M\Jeremy Hill with Mike Gillislee getting cut.

I'm holding off on giving him a spot in Canton until I see him take some snaps against the Eagles' and Panthers' #1s over the next couple weeks.

I think Gilly is definitely the odd man out and our Pats love the RB by committee approach. This way you can maximize a guy in what you think he does Best. Jeremy Hill is a Tough inside runner who should be a factor near the red zone and in Short yardage. Burkhead is nice change of pace back who doubles as a runner and pass catcher: but is not a work horse type. White is a lethal pass catcher. Webb might be a mixture of Hill/Burkhead. Patriots carried a fair number of RB's last year and could do it again this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes