PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders rumored to offer Brady 2/60M

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Brady going to succeed in gruden’s passing offense?

brady struggles to get the ball down field as it is now.

They wouldn't be emptying the tank of their cap space, as I pointed out.

Belichick's had plenty of cap space in some years.

If the Raiders signed Brady to a $30M/year contract, they also will have $7.9M in dead money from Derek Carr, meaning that they commit $37.9 of their $65M on Brady. They have two #1s and 3 #3s, - another $21 to $23 million. They have slew of low-cost FAs except for five or six expiring rookie deals that merit resigning. The Brady/Carr money seems out of whack for a team that looks like it could really take a leap in their division by strengthening multiple positions. Brady alone does not get them to a competitive level with KC.

When did Belichick have 25% of his cap available after the Super Bowl?

Pats will offer Brady 3yr/$80M

It's been reported that the New England Patriots will offer Tom Brady a 3 year, 80 million dollar contract.

If Brady ends up on the Raiders my 25 year curse (administered after the Snow Bowl game upon that group of whiners) will be in serious jeopardy. As powerful and effective as my curse has been it might not be able to withstand the greatness of Brady.

Having discussions about players is what a team should be doing at this point in the off season. How is that sort of S.O.P. tampering?
Until the legalized tampering window opens, it is tampering to express an interest in a player under contract with another team. That includes contacting a player (or his agent) to express an interest and it certainly includes throwing around actual offers.

I am not naive enough to say it doesn't happen, I'm just explaining what the rules on tampering are.

I'm with Curran and some people here that NE probably welcomes the tampering this time around. Brady can find out if the grass on the other side really is greener well ahead of the legal tampering period and free agency, so both he and the team can move immediately in whatever directions they are going to move once the legal tampering period begins.

I've stayed off this forum given the crap way the Pats ended the season and needing a break.

Now with the Brady talk I have stayed off more than usual.

My only comment is...I can't wait until all of this is over..good or bad.

It's not like the Pats wouldn't match 2/60. But Brady will want assurances that he's not coming back to another situation where the team is ill equipped to compete in the playoffs. BB will need to reload the Pats offense and Brady will want more influence on that process.

Draft the next Diggs.

Isnt there anyone in the NE region that knows how to draft the position?

Link
Raiders reportedly ready to offer Brady two-year, $60M deal

How can these teams get away with this? Pats need to shut this noise down and filing tampering charges

It's not like the Pats wouldn't match 2/60. But Brady will want assurances that he's not coming back to another situation where the team is ill equipped to compete in the playoffs. BB will need to reload the Pats offense and Brady will want more influence on that process.
I won’t be surprised if we hear the patriots weren’t willing to go higher then 20 1 year not fully guaranteed.
This is Bill Belichick he’s not known to match teams like The Raiders and Chargers.
Tom 10 years ago could of been a exception Tom now I don’t believe he will.
Hell Bill would try to get Mahomes to take significantly less if he was his coach.

What I have been saying too.

Maybe Brady can pick out a stud WR in this draft? Nothing to lose giving Tommy a shot at it.

It's not like the Pats wouldn't match 2/60.
Wow. I’m not so sure they’ll go 30m for one year, let alone two. I guess we’ll find out.

The interesting thing I keep hearing is the Pats are high on Stidham...we are dismissing him but we don't see him on the practice field like Bill does.

What I have been saying too.

Maybe Brady can pick out a stud WR in this draft? Nothing to lose giving Tommy a shot at it.

NOTHING TO LOSE? Well, nothing other than control of the team!

Why not let Brady choose a new GM who would answer to Brady on all personnel decisions?

Belichick will NOT give Brady the power to choose players in the draft or in free agency. No, not even a "wink" "wink".

The very MOST that Brady could get would be for Brady to wait until the last day and sign after Belichick has made commitments to acceptable players during the last 3 days of the season. And, IMHO, this will, and should not, happen. This would mean that Belichick would not be able to compete for quarterbacks during the 3 day period, or even compete for other player who might be consistent with a non-Brady team, than one with Brady.

Last edited:
I don’t understand how people, including Pat’s fans, don’t understand how if we give Brady 30 mill a year (it’ll be 36.5 if we give him that before March 16th, 43 mill if after), we won’t have the cap space to give him the weapons he ALLEGEDLY is demanding. The people on TV, I get it, they have no clue about our cap space. But c’mon Pat’s fans !

The interesting thing I keep hearing is the Pats are high on Stidham...we are dismissing him but we don't see him on the practice field like Bill does.
I think he’s gonna be a good one. Sure there would be growing pains. Oddly enough, if Brady goes elsewhere, they’d actually have the cap space to go get offensive weapons in free agency.

That may very well be true.

I would be shocked if Stidham won 4 games with this roster though.

That may very well be true.

I would be shocked if Stidham won 4 games with this roster though.
That’s the crazy thing though, say they go with Stidham, they’d actually have the cap space to sign weapons, this roster wouldn’t be “this roster” if that makes sense.

I keep hearing that too...until someone asks for a link, reference, or source.

NOTHING TO LOSE? Well, nothing other control of the team!

Why not let Brady choose a new GM who would answer to Brady on all personnel decisions?

Belichick will NOT give Brady the power to choose players in the draft or in free agency. No, not even a "wink" "wink".

The very MOST that Brady could get would be for Brady to wait until the last day and sign after Belichick has made commitments to acceptable players during the last 3 days of the season. And, IMHO, this will, and should not, happen. This would mean that Belichick would not be able to compete for quarterbacks during the 3 day period, or even compete for other player who might be consistent with a non-Brady team, than one with Brady.

Yes, Brady might pick a Bust.

NE takes Harry and about 6 Stud rookie WRs are picked by other teams and they blow up as rookies while Harry rides the stationary bike all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots