PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders Release Clown Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antonio Brown is radioactive. As versatile and talented as he is, your team becomes the football equivalent of Chernobyl when you sign him.

I watched the HBO miniseries. You don't mess with radiation. You just don't.

Bingo! We have bingo!

Jon Gruden had the best line making light of the situation. As per PFT:

Gruden was asked if it was really his voice on the video Brown released, and answered, “It wasn’t Frank Caliendo.”

Wonder why this song keeps playing in my head when I read this thread...

I'm somewhat confused. Brown and Mayock were so far apart on so may things that they were coming to blows in front of the team. Mayock, the GM, decided that HE was in charge of disciple instead of the coach.

IN ANY CASE
Mayock told AB that he could apologize and play.
THEN, after getting AB to kiss his ring, Manock sent him 3 letters
1) a fine letter
2) a letter informing him that he no longer had an guarantees
3) and finally, a letter informing him that if he was cut, there would be no termination pay
4) So, AB was expected to play on a week by week contract, with Mayock firing him whenever he felt like it. [we do indeed presume that the fight was AB's fault, bu so what? Mayock wanted to exert his power, and he did so ].

AND THEN, AND THEN
A) AB would rather play for someones else under these circumstances, and said so.
B) Mayock consulted his lawyers and found that he would have a better legal chance at paying nothing if he cut AB.
C) So, Mayock cut AB, and almost everyone said that AB somehow LOST. AB was fighting with coach. No one will ever know the details, same as in PITT.

AB WILL SIMPLY MOVE ON
He and Drew will need to convince a new organization that he really wants to play and will do so.
I expect that there will be at least 6 teams seriously interested within the week, at the
latest.

I think we should sign him to a $60 million dollar contract, all guaranteed

whats the worst that could happen
We’d just be some broke ass SB champs...and to be clear, I’m OK with that :D

Philly recently won a Super Bowl and won another playoff game last year.

They are my second distant choice but they don’t run tight enough of a ship. Re: Lane Johnson.

Cross one SB contender off of the list of potential suiters.

Unfortunately, I’d put my money on Philly or the Chiefs

(trying the reverse jinx here, to guarantee that he is a Patriot at 4pm today)

The Pats are so insulated that Brown would be a pin prick instead of an nuclear explosion. Does anyone really believe that the Pats locker room cannot handle the “radioactive” AB?

Too many vets to let that happen. Too many people to give him the come to Jesus the instant he walks into the facility.

I'm not believing any of this trolling. For all we know, the Raiders were in on this and Brown was never really disciplined.

Yes, I'm saying this is ALL scripted! That whole organization is one giant circus.

Think about it. They need the exposure and for the team to stay in headlines. After all, they're moving to Vegas next season. This creates drama, and drama creates revenue.

If I could photoshop better...
Buzzfeed-Buzzfeed-disaster-girl-in-front-of-a-burning-house-.jpg

Last edited:
Ding, Ding, Ding! Some posters are speculating whether it would benefit the Patriots to take him on on some type of "prove it" cheap contract. IMHO, of course it would! BB would cut him the second he misbehaved and, unlike other coaches and GMs, he won't worry about how it looks or whether his job is on the line if he cuts Brown.

However, as Ken points out, there is no way that Brown will come here on some team friendly, prove it contact. Brown is all about the $$$, and surely there will be other teams willing to pay him more than the Pats. I would think that there are two types of teams that might be candidates:
  • The first category are teams where the coach is sufficiently secure in his job take a flyer on Brown but to cut him at the first sign of any crap. Andy Reid of the Chiefs is an example, and he is well known to take talented players with character concerns. Doug Peterson of the Eagles might be another.
  • The second category, as Ken points out, are teams with owners that either are bat sh!t crazy or mostly care about putting fannies in the seats regardless of team chemistry. Irsey of the Colts might be a possibility. I think Jerry Jones (who, to be fair, is a brilliant marketing guy) would definitely be a candidate, he already did something similar with Terrell Owens. Jimmy Haslam might be a possibility also.
So: the total list includes the Chiefs, the Eagles, the Colts, the Cowboys, and the Browns. I think any of those teams would probably pay Brown more than the Patriots would. Whether Brown would be an asset on team friendly deal to the Pats is likely a moot point, some other team will pay him much more.
All good points, all of which lead me to another team that qualifies on ALL counts. 1. poor ownership. 2. cap space to overpay 3. the need to put bodies into the seats. 4. the desire to become part of the national discussion. 5. Think they are close to being a contender. 6. A young talented QB who needs targets.

Cmon guys how many clues do I have to put out there. Here's one more. They have a guy on the team who they believe can control him. FINALLY you got it. YES, it's the NJ Jets! They fit all the boxes. I'm surprised I didn't think of them before. What would make most sense. AB in the big apple. They deserve each other.

Belichick and Brady could Reel him in if anyone can.
For him his stats and brand go to KC.

All good points, all of which lead me to another team that qualifies on ALL counts. 1. poor ownership. 2. cap space to overpay 3. the need to put bodies into the seats. 4. the desire to become part of the national discussion. 5. Think they are close to being a contender. 6. A young talented QB who needs targets.

Cmon guys how many clues do I have to put out there. Here's one more. They have a guy on the team who they believe can control him. FINALLY you got it. YES, it's the NJ Jets! They fit all the boxes. I'm surprised I didn't think of them before. What would make most sense. AB in the big apple. They deserve each other.

The entertainment value of AB combined with that media would be epic. Please Football Gods, make this happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down