Next Up: at Jets
Pick Results: NE: 99.1% at NYJ: 0.9%

Sun
Sep 19th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Ice_Ice_Brady

Team Bill's Worst Nightmare
PatsFans.com Supporter
Okay, I might have missed it, bc I have some on ignore and it's not like I studied every page under a microscope, BUT...

Rejoice (if I'm right!) I don't believe I've seen anyone here equating homosexuality with bestiality or pedophelia. Come on man, that's progress. It shouldn't be but it is. I remember well in this very forum those "views" came up back in the early 2000s.

I mean you don't get a medal or anything but maybe everybody should get a "we could be worse" merit badge.

It seems the Catholic Church has cooled down a bit on their rhetoric, for one.

Tony2046

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
You’re applying it wrong because you’re making up your own terminology and using the words normal and not normal as Darwinian terms when they are not. Normal/Abnormal don‘t make any sense in a biological evolutionary context and are never used that way…And wouldn’t you know it: “not normal” just coincidentally (!) happens to be synonymous with abnormal, aberrant, perverted, and deviant, which are historically anti-gay terms. You couldn’t possibly miss that implication.

And you’re applying it wrong, once again, because you apply it selectively. You clearly would not describe a couple as abnormal if they used birth control and broke up without producing a child, or an older couple involving an infertile woman, or a man who gets a vasectomy, or about a zillion other examples. If a heterosexual person opts to not produce an offspring, you’d be sure to make an unprompted point to describe that person as “not normal” and cite your strict scientific viewpoint of Darwinian evolutionary theory? Yeah - sure you would. Who do you think you’re fooling here?

You’ve done your best to weave and dodge around this, but it inevitably sinks your point because your viewpoint is not actually rooted in some literal interpretation of a Darwinian reproductive purpose that applies normal/abnormal labels to sexual behavior and human relationships. Many people, including myself, believe in evolution, natural selection, and most of Darwin’s general ideas, and yet, the vast, vast majority would scratch their heads trying to understand why such beliefs lead you to believe it is valid to call homosexuals abnormal in the name of science.

And with that, I have nothing left to add to this discussion, or this thread because I already feel I’m making the same points again and again and just taking up extraneous space.

If Darwin had studied that multiple species had a segment of gay population that would be the norm. Every country, religion, or whatever has a percentage of people who are not heterosexual. That is normal.

Survival of the fittest includes those who are not heterosexual. Gay doctors save lives. Gay scientist improve lives. Gay police officers save lives. On and on. Gay people are definitely a part of the "survival of the fittest" picture. Our lives are longer in part because of gay people. Darwin would agree.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
If Darwin had studied that multiple species had a segment of gay population that would be the norm. Every country, religion, or whatever has a percentage of people who are not heterosexual. That is normal.

Survival of the fittest includes those who are not heterosexual. Gay doctors save lives. Gay scientist improve lives. Gay police officers save lives. On and on. Gay people are definitely a part of the "survival of the fittest" picture. Our lives are longer in part because of gay people. Darwin would agree.
And you can expand this beyond "gay" to the entire non-heterosexual spectrum. As an example, Sir Isaac Newton was asexual; one of his proudest achievements was dying a virgin.

Joker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
And you can expand this beyond "gay" to the entire non-heterosexual spectrum. As an example, Sir Isaac Newton was asexual; one of his proudest achievements was dying a virgin.
well then, he died one of history's greatest jerkoffs...in fact, flogging the puppet under an apple tree led him to postulate his law of gravity when said apple interrupted Sir Isaac's masturbatory fantasy with a thud... :cool:

KontradictioN

…with that said, Cam is a great teammate.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
well then, he died one of history's greatest jerkoffs...in fact, flogging the puppet under an apple tree led him to postulate his law of gravity when said apple interrupted Sir Isaac's masturbatory fantasy with a thud... :cool:
Yeah, but did he carve out a hollow hole in the apple before or after he discovered the law of gravity?

Bonzo

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Three tugs and a cloud of dust