Next Up: at Jets
Pick Results: NE: 99.1% at NYJ: 0.9%

Sun
Sep 19th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

mgcolby

Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!!
PatsFans.com Supporter
Of course…no issue with gay people at all. It’s just really, really important to you to defend a vaguely recollected definition of normal human nature from your third grade teacher despite numerous people pointing out the flawed and contradictory conclusions you’ve drawn from it. But yes, science and truth are clearly the only thing you’re about :rolleyes:
You really need to get over it. Say it with me...Not...Everyone...Will...Think...Like..Me...or...Agree...With...Me.

Feel better now? You should. And you must be wicked smart having taken Biology in third grade. Kudos to you!

Ice_Ice_Brady

Team Bill's Worst Nightmare
PatsFans.com Supporter
You really need to get over it. Say it with me...Not...Everyone...Will...Think...Like..Me...or...Agree...With...Me.

Feel better now? You should. And you must be wicked smart having taken Biology in third grade. Kudos to you!

So the guy who changed the tone of his thread with cold, hard scientific FACTS! and used the word FACT numerous times now wants to make it seem like he’s persecuted for having an opinion different from someone else? Interesting how the scientific fact finder here is so mad at those mean people who challenge his findings.

Did you say you had facts and bring science into this discussion? And now you see no justification or reason to defend your position? Go back and edit your posts so that FACT is changed to OPINION and, sure, I’ll agree with you that not everyone will have the same opinion and agree to disagree. Until then, don’t try to bullsh1t me by claiming to have scientific facts and then playing victim when you’re rightfully called out.

Last edited:

mgcolby

Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!!
PatsFans.com Supporter
So the guy who changed the tone of his thread with cold, hard scientific FACTS! and used the word FACT numerous times now wants to make it seem like he’s persecuted for having an opinion different from someone else? Interesting how the scientific fact finder here is so mad at those mean people who challenge his findings.

Did you say you had facts and bring science into this discussion? And now you see no justification or reason to defend your position? Go back and edit your posts so that FACT is changed to OPINION and, sure, I’ll agree with you that not everyone will have the same opinion and agree to disagree. Until then, don’t try to bullsh1t me by claiming to have scientific facts and then playing victim when you’re rightfully called out.
Seriously, you need to get over it. I did not come up with the theory or rules of evolution. You'll have to take that up with the dude who did and the people that have widely adapted it as FACT for several generations now. Can't help it if you don't like it, disagree with it or if it simply did not occur to you that is what I was reffering to this entire time.

Last edited:

betterthanthealternative

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
So no one was held "accountable" for their beliefs during the medieval time period? Witches were not killed, scientists were not imprisoned or killed etc...failing to see your logic on this one.

Unless of course you mean the people that you disagree with during that portion of history weren't held accountable for their actions? But nonetheless people were definitely held accountable for their beliefs, when they went against the prevailing group think of their time.

I guess accountability depends on who controls group think at any given time period. Would seem things hardly change.

And this thread is getting derailed because some of you cannot handle everyone not thinking like you. So I will refrain from continuing the discussion seeing as it has now broached a time period from several hundred years ago. And typical name calling has begun because people...well whatever the reason...people are people.

Just to be clear, what I mean is that prior to industrialization and constitutional government, people were expected to keep their opinions to themselves, in part because leaders weren't supposed to listen to the masses, only to their advisors, nobles, and God. Now, society depends on public discourse, and we all have a responsibility as citizens to be part of that. If we take a position along the lines of "We all have a right to believe what we want and keep that private" as a way of influencing that to be the dominant social norm, we are confusing selfishness with freedom.

mgcolby

Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!!
PatsFans.com Supporter
Just to be clear, what I mean is that prior to industrialization and constitutional government, people were expected to keep their opinions to themselves, in part because leaders weren't supposed to listen to the masses, only to their advisors, nobles, and God. Now, society depends on public discourse, and we all have a responsibility as citizens to be part of that. If we take a position along the lines of "We all have a right to believe what we want and keep that private" as a way of influencing that to be the dominant social norm, we are confusing selfishness with freedom.
This makes sense to me thanks for the clarification.

Ice_Ice_Brady

PatsFans.com Supporter
I did not come up with the theory or rules of evolution

Correct. You've just come up with an illogical way to apply them to the issue at hand. No different than someone saying "I didn't write the Bible; I'm just passing along the word of god" and then going with a very specific interpretation of it to justify their political view. Although even those people tend to acknowledge it is based on their fath and don't claim to have scientific facts.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge - Charles Darwin

Last edited:

FCB02062

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
12 pages on the gay guy....that's the state of the forum, and I think an indicator of the lack of interest in the team these days...

amfootball

In the Starting Line-Up
12 pages on the gay guy....that's the state of the forum, and I think an indicator of the lack of interest in the team these days...
It's just slow right now. The Bruins and Celts dropped out early so all we have is the Sox until TC.

mgcolby

Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!!
PatsFans.com Supporter
Correct. You've just come up with an illogical way to apply them to the issue at hand. No different than someone saying "I didn't write the Bible; I'm just passing along the word of god" and then going with a very specific interpretation of it to justify their political view. Although even those people tend to acknowledge it is based on their fath and don't claim to have scientific facts.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge - Charles Darwin
So now because you don't like what it says, I am applying it wrong? That is some serious mental gymnastics right there. It literally talks about finding a partner to...wait for it...reproduce with! As the first rule.

What other interprutataion/application is there?

Darwin was a smart man. Apperently some struggle with adaptations of his words.

But you have a good day.

Last edited:

TheRainMaker

I'm getting my res at Dorsia
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
These last two off-seasons has had some bizarre threads go on far too long (this being one of them). Ignoring it is pointless because you’ll just be talking to yourself in other threads as most posters go to the threads with the most activity (right now it’s this one).

We’ve seen gay players come out before. This should’ve been old news after one day.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2

Ice_Ice_Brady

PatsFans.com Supporter
So now because you don't like what it says, I am applying it wrong? That is some serious mental gymnastics right there. It literally talks about finding a partner to...wait for it...reproduce with!
What other interprutataion is there.

Darwin was a smart man. Some struggle with adaptations of his words.

But you have a good day.

You’re applying it wrong because you’re making up your own terminology and using the words normal and not normal as Darwinian terms when they are not. Normal/Abnormal don‘t make any sense in a biological evolutionary context and are never used that way…And wouldn’t you know it: “not normal” just coincidentally (!) happens to be synonymous with abnormal, aberrant, perverted, and deviant, which are historically anti-gay terms. You couldn’t possibly miss that implication.

And you’re applying it wrong, once again, because you apply it selectively. You clearly would not describe a couple as abnormal if they used birth control and broke up without producing a child, or an older couple involving an infertile woman, or a man who gets a vasectomy, or about a zillion other examples. If a heterosexual person opts to not produce an offspring, you’d be sure to make an unprompted point to describe that person as “not normal” and cite your strict scientific viewpoint of Darwinian evolutionary theory? Yeah - sure you would. Who do you think you’re fooling here?

You’ve done your best to weave and dodge around this, but it inevitably sinks your point because your viewpoint is not actually rooted in some literal interpretation of a Darwinian reproductive purpose that applies normal/abnormal labels to sexual behavior and human relationships. Many people, including myself, believe in evolution, natural selection, and most of Darwin’s general ideas, and yet, the vast, vast majority would scratch their heads trying to understand why such beliefs lead you to believe it is valid to call homosexuals abnormal in the name of science.

And with that, I have nothing left to add to this discussion, or this thread because I already feel I’m making the same points again and again and just taking up extraneous space.

Last edited:

jah

Epic Thanos Sheldon
PatsFans.com Supporter

Definitely has nothing to do with the fact that it's the absolute most dead part of the calendar year for the NFL.

Joker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I think the "abnormal" Carl Nassib needs to undergo reversion therapy from a bona-fide "normal"...let's see, how about THIS guy?

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Okay, I might have missed it, bc I have some on ignore and it's not like I studied every page under a microscope, BUT...

Rejoice (if I'm right!) I don't believe I've seen anyone here equating homosexuality with bestiality or pedophelia. Come on man, that's progress. It shouldn't be but it is. I remember well in this very forum those "views" came up back in the early 2000s.

I mean you don't get a medal or anything but maybe everybody should get a "we could be worse" merit badge.