SOURCE:98.5 The Sports Hub

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Jets
Mon
Oct 21st
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Stellar Performance
Another strong performance by the defense leads to points and played a key role as the Patriots improved to 6-0 Thursday night.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by NEP4Life, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +32,174
    ---
    Re: OT: Apple Announces Steve Jobs Dead At 56

Sort of puts life in perspective. For all his incredible wealth, he couldn't beat what probably is the deadliest of cancers. He leaves quite a legacy.

2. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10,157
    ---

RIP. I think that history will be very kind to Mr. Jobs.

3. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249
    ---
    Obviously it was only a matter of time. i just thought it might be a little longer. The man was THE visionary of the late 20th and early 21st century.

Thank you Steve. You will be missed.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  4. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20,460
    ---

Wow.

I spent decades in high tech, in the computer and communications industry from even before Apple. Decades ago I used to make fun of young programmers for idolizing Jobs in slavish cult worship, but I really respected the guy and his vision. Like any doer, Jobs made lots of mistakes and had his Edsels but he learned from doing and course corrected his bad decisions going on to create amazing, "insanely great" as he'd say products.

Its guys like Jobs whose hard work and extraordinary vision made employment for families and created real wealth for others, not the blathering non-doers today who just talk about job creation but are clueless about the real mechanism.

He is missed.

-phil

5. Bobs My Uncle

Bobs My Uncle PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +841
    ---

G'damn cancer steals another one away. :mad:

6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,385
    ---
    R.I.P., indeed.

He was a very brave, stoic and couragous man. My father and aunt both died of pancreatic cancer and it is an extremely painful, debilitating horrible disease. He never even seemed to let it slow him down.

7. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +1,522
    ---

Whoooa! This dude was a visionary. He's a freaking billionaire and he died at only age 56?? I wonder what happened to him!

8. Observer

Observer In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,793
    ---

I don't think the death of any other businessman would be as strongly felt. That alone says a lot about the unique impact our lives that Jobs has had. This macbook I am typing on wouldn't exist without him.

Great visionary, I cannot think of any other businessman that would compare; maybe Henry Ford.

RIP Jobs, you will be missed.

9. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,057
    ---

It has already been posted (at the start of the thread).

10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,833
    ---

Very sad to see him pass away so young.

He understood as well as anyone what was involved in making technology accessible to everyone. He was able to visualize how new technology would impact the markets.

When Xerox didn't know what to do with their OS, Jobs saw the Mac UI. NeXT brought the fully object oriineted UNIX with a great UI. Ipad, IPhone, IPod.

My daughter started playing with a Lisa when she was 2, My grandson an IPad when he was 18 mths.

11. Calciumee

Calciumee PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18
    ---
    Very sad news!

12. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,385
    ---
  13. pherein

pherein In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,098
    ---
    Sorry to see you go Steve, thanks for all the cool stuff and understanding how to link humans and computers to make their life easier. For understanding and striving to make life better for us , and saving hours of our own lives for family, football, and friendship.
    Instead of us wasting time serving and trying to figure out useless machine/computer garbage that meant nothing to our lives, you strove to simplify it and put the power in our lives to make "A Difference" and " Think Different".
    While almost all computer companies are eaten at the core with greed, and only care about margins, owned by businessmen, who only care about changing the box color so they could resale to the suckers and unknowing. You really cared about our interaction, to make our live better, and in doing so rebuilt the entire industry many times, with your genius and inventiveness.
    You have given us a great gift, and I hope and know God will give you the gift of peace and happiness forever.
    After all we all know Heaven would never use windows,lol. Thats in the other place :)

I am more sad for us than you. We have lost a man that everyone copied and waited to tell us what was next, so they could put their name on it, and resale their own uncaring and unthinking version of it. The computer world has lost our vision for the future and the head of R&D.
    No matter what OS or hardware you are partial to, we now have a huge void in the industry, and no one to fill it.
    As a friend told me, if Gates dies, that affects windows, if Jobs dies that will effect everyone. There is no one to fill his shoes and push the industry in the correct direction. We might be headed for another computer dark age.
    I can't even imagine what he would have invented or re-invented the right way, if he had 20 more years of life. No one can, because no one could ever out think Steve Jobs, and thats because of one simple thing..Steve Jobs loved computers and loved what he was doing.. he was never a useless businessman. He believed in the philosophy of merging man and machine into a digital life style.

Most try to dumb down Steves technical side, which is really amusing to me, knowing that Jobs was one of the 1st hackers, phishers, and helped prefect the black box.
    Jobs was an expert at code and electronics. He knew exactly what he was doing by modulizing the Mac OS and Next, like legos, really brilliant idea. In OS X you simply drop the the new application onto your desktop, and start using it. In Unix, windows, and other OS's we still have to compile, install,reboot, etc..

No one really invents anything, thats just the truth. I was already there. We just use our brains and open our eyes to discover it.
    Einstein didn't make physics or create the forces of the universe. He just used his brain to discover them. His genius is that he could simplify it, and explain it to us using math.
    Jobs didn't create computers or OS's, no one did, it was already there, he just discovered it and simplified it for us.

Nice Jobs see you in iHeaven :)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  14. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249
    ---
  15. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11,168
    ---
    RIP Steve.. you changed the way my world works.