PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question to Mods regarding Page numbers on Game day threads

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I was wondering if the Mods have an answer to this, In the gameday threads it always shows more pages than actually present on the top right hand corner, For example if i am on page 24 and click on lets say page 26 it brings me back to 24 :confused::confused: . I use firefox by the way.

I was wondering if the Mods have an answer to this, In the gameday threads it always shows more pages than actually present on the top right hand corner, For example if i am on page 24 and click on lets say page 26 it brings me back to 24 :confused::confused: . I use firefox by the way.

Safari user here. With both safari and IE I have the same problem and not just with gameday threads.

Where are the Mods ??????
paddle.gif
paddle.gif
paddle.gif
paddle.gif

I always assumed it was an accumulation of deleted posts

Yep im pretty sure its form them deleting posts in the game day thread. The thread count stays the same but the actual thread is shortened which makes it look like there are more pages than there should be.

As an FYI, the moderators don't have any control over things like the issue mentioned above, web design, or any other web site technical issues. We can do things like ban trolls and spammers, merge and move threads - that's about it.

As for the page number issue, I am fairly certain that (as mentioned above), it is due to an accumulation of deleted comments.

Where are the Mods ??????
paddle.gif
paddle.gif
paddle.gif
paddle.gif

Apologies for not getting onto this within an hour. I just got out of a work meeting and plugged back in.

That being said, I have no idea how to solve your question because I am a technological Sanchez.

As JMT wrote, we have no bearing on the tech of the site - - Ian handles all that. We're here for our good looks and winning personalities!

Last edited:
Yep im pretty sure its form them deleting posts in the game day thread. The thread count stays the same but the actual thread is shortened which makes it look like there are more pages than there should be.

That's part of it, but you would also be surprised at the number of people that delete their own posts.

That's part of it, but you would also be surprised at the number of people that delete their own posts.

I remember someone deleting a post betting $1000 that a forced fumble on a QB is NOT counted as a sack :p

As an FYI, the moderators don't have any control over things like the issue mentioned above, web design, or any other web site technical issues. We can do things like ban trolls and spammers, merge and move threads - that's about it.

As for the page number issue, I am fairly certain that (as mentioned above), it is due to an accumulation of deleted comments.

Thanks for the reply :rocker:

Apologies for not getting onto this within an hour. I just got out of a work meeting and plugged back in.

That being said, I have no idea how to solve your question because I am a technological Sanchez.

As JMT wrote, we have no bearing on the tech of the site - - Ian handles all that. We're here for our good looks and winning personalities!

You dont have to apologize , you guys do a gr8 job as it is. Thanks for the reply though. :rocker:

Well, some of you are. . . . ;)

I believe that is the issue as well. I think the problem is when a post gets deleted it's a "soft delete" which is hidden from your view but remains tallied - and the software is set to create a new page per however many posts. When you hit the last page, it will default to whatever remaining threads are shown even if the page # is incorrect.

The newer version of this software addresses some little things that but until they work out the kinks (which are numorous thus far in version 5 after no one was overly thrilled with version 4) I'm not willing to make the change because the way it's set up is once you move forward, you can't roll it back.

Also, that's not a mods question - that's a me question. So definitely feel free to PM if you ever spot any technical issues :D

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back