PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question for Pats Fans Overseas. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick4

Banned
Reaction score
I just found out I'll be on business in Asia, in various cities, for the next two months. I'm not sure if there will be a bar in every city that shows NFL games. This means I won't have easy access to the NFL playoffs.

I'm hoping there are Pats fans on this site who are or have been in various parts of Asia on business, who may be able to help me figure out how to watch Pats games while I'm over there...

Question: is there any way to watch NFL games over the internet?

for Asia probably Patjew can reply better then me but i think that for the play-offs the coverage should be good (in Europe it is good; in Italy they will show all play-off games 'alive' on Sky, a pay tv)

Also remember that for most asian countries the time difference is somewhere in the vicinity of 12 hours. This could really mess things up for you if you have morning meetings and a night game in the states is occuring at 8 in the morning for you in asia.

If you can't find a place to watch where you are...you can at least listen to the broadcast using NFL Fieldpass through nfl.com.

Good luck!

I used Field pass when I was in Malaysia for business. The problem is I had to get up at 1:00 in the morning to listen to it. It's the radio broadcast, but better than nothing.

Ah man, that's a good (and unfortunate point)... I may have a monday morning meeting while the friggin Superbowl is going on...

So I take it there is no way to pay money on some site and watch the NFL playoffs?

Did all the overseas guys already go to bed!? =(

Maverick i am only in the uk but i live away from my sky tv while at uni so i have to watch the games online i will pm you with sites.

Everyone mentions this sopcast thing, I've never used it, but worth looking into.

Of course, as soon as work interferes with the Patriots, I'd quit :D

Oh, and don't forget slingbox. Another thing I don't really know anything about but worth looking into.

Last edited:
Sopcast is probably your best bet (myp2p.eu has the listings of all the football games... all you need to do is download Sopcast and then click on the link on gameday). Yahoo Gamepass works well, too (I have to use it because a firewall prevents me from using Sopcast when I'm in Ireland... grrr) but it bizarrely does not cover the playoffs, which means I need to find a way to get the damn playoffs.

I'll probably be stuck listening to the game (what a bummer), though I know a bar in Dublin shows the late games at 2:30 in the afternoon the next day, so if they win I'll head over on Sunday and watch it. If they lose, what's the point? I'd try to avoid finding out about the game and just going to watch it, but I'm sure some asshat would spoil it for me at the bar.

Last edited:
Maverick,

Having spent some time in Asia, the Middle East and Europe as a Pats fan and having dealt with playoff airings, check the hotels first then look for sports bars. Satellite has made the games available everywhere, you just need to figure out who has satellite networks. The Superbowl is large enough you should find it everywhere.

I recommend you check with the hotel you are scheduled to stay in (if you know), and if you have some flexibility find a hotel that can set you up. It takes a little research (calls, e-mails, etc.) but it's worth it.

Yeah, I was in Costa Rica for Week 1 of the season and the place we were staying at (basically a surfer inn, though I'm not really a surfer), had a bunch of games on satellite. It was impressive actually. Anyway, so if a random and self-described "upper class ghetto" surf "resort" in a beach town in Costa Rica can get NFL games, I think you'll definitely find something in Asia.

Wow, that seems like so damn long ago. Week 1.

there is TVU player also there is a constant CBS stream on there the Pats games are often on a danish channel on there too called danish direct i have used it sometimes for watching the game with no sound on :( you can find links on myp2p.eu or www.rojadirecta.com both often have links up for football games

stay away from Tvants if you don't want spyware.

I lived in Tokyo for a number of years and travelled all around Asia. Watched my football at 2am in the morning every Monday morning. Had satellite TV for the home. Playoffs and Superbowl are usually available. You can find bars that show it. Problem is at that time in the morning they are usually closed. I watched the Pats/Panthers Superbowl in Singapore at 9am at a bar. Your best is check out the American club (usually there is a Tokyo-American or Singapore/American club) that is like a country club for wealthy ex-patriots and business people abroad who like the comforts of home. I would expect them to show it. Another one is DirectTV allows you to view online the programs available to your normal TV. Never tried it, but suppose you could check it out if you have Sunday NFL ticket.

It depends on where in Asia you will be. You can find a place to watch it in Japan for sure as the NFL is kind of on the radar over there. I bet you could find a place that shows football in Hong Kong and Dubai. Other than that I would say try the bars in the international airports.

Last edited:
I will try those links, thanks!
If they don't work, I can't believe I'll miss the most memorable Pats season ever.

If you have somewhere you can connect to the internet for a few hours, you can download the games by bittorrent. Every Pats game this season (and almost every NFL game) is posted on
http://forums.tenyardtorrents.com/login.php

They normally get posted a few hours after the end of the game and take a few hours to download (depending on your connection speed), so you have to avoid hearing the result during that period, but you get to see the whole game (without commercials) with the original commentary.

I live in China and have downloaded every Pats game over the last two seasons. It is probably my favorite site on the internet. :)

I will try those links, thanks!
If they don't work, I can't believe I'll miss the most memorable Pats season ever.
Can't you, ya know, come down with mononucleosis? ;) That can last several weeks, and you need to stay home, you know, where the hearth, er, TV is. I don't know, they're only going to win their fourth superbowl once. There are a lot of jobs. Easy for me to say. Good luck.

If you're within the satellite footprint, you might want to check out one of the "ShowSports" channels on the ShowtimeArabia package.

If you're in a hotel, you may have it.

If you're closer to the Mediterranean, there's a free-to-air channel called METV that airs the games.

Perfect Season Newspapers are dropping in price...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes