PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Quarterback sneaks ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

njpatsfan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
We get 2-4 first downs off quarterback sneaks EVERY GAME. Can anyone recall us NOT getting the first on a sneak this year ?

I don't know how you could watch Patriots film and not be aware of this. When is the league going to figure this out and start defending it ?

R

I'd honestly like to know the last time it failed. It's rarely even close.

PS - League, you may also want to watch tapes of when Vrabel is in for the goal line O.

Last edited:
Christ, I just watching the game on Tivo - on the sneak just before the 2nd Vrabel TD, Brady sneaked it like 5 yards. 2 more and he would have sneaked a TD.

First, the jets are 1 for 15 in stopping 4th down conversions.

With regard to Brady, he audibles many of the sneaks, or at least has options.

It's amazing how often no one on the D lined up over center. Although, it is the NJ Jests. No incompetence should seem amazing.

The other thing you see consistently is Tommy going behind Hochstein and Neal, I love how Neal turns bulldozer on these calls and Hoch isn't too bad either.

If you have the Denver game on Tivo or tape, there is a 4th down play where we line up in one of our noraml formations, and then there is a bunch of motion where we go into the spread formation. Clearly a sign the QB sneak is coming. Well Denver's middle LB immediately moves up right over center, and Brady calls a TO.

So the play has been stopped. But you can only stop it before the ball is snapped. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back