PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Props to **** Stockton

aluminum seats

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I know people get really worked up about announcers, and maybe he's another one that people dislike for this or that reason. But I was just listening to him calling the Broncos/Rams game, and I'm thinking, dude's in pretty fine voice there, good announcer voice. Then I'm thinking, he called Carlton Fisk's home run in 1975!! I mean, wow. That was a long time ago.

I’m still convinced that him and Sam Rosen are the same person.

I know people get really worked up about announcers, and maybe he's another one that people dislike for this or that reason. But I was just listening to him calling the Broncos/Rams game, and I'm thinking, dude's in pretty fine voice there, good announcer voice. Then I'm thinking, he called Carlton Fisk's home run in 1975!! I mean, wow. That was a long time ago.
He's 75 years old. He still has it?

Every time I've stumbled across a game Stockton was announcing over the past few years I was quickly convinced that he should have retired years ago.

**** Stockton, Jameis Winston and the worst announcer call of the 2015 NFL season

He has no receivers downfield [he did.] And loose ball [no, he still had it] — loose ball! [nope, still has it] — and it’s recovered by the Falcons [is “the Falcons” one of Winston’s nicknames?]! No, no, it’s picked up after the loss [remember, Winston never let go of the ball] by Winston himself [to be fair, Winston did have the ball at this point]! Falcons had it [metaphorically?] and Winston picks it up [if by picks it up, he means “continues to hold onto it” and if by “loose ball” he meant “comfortable cradled in the arms of the rookie quarterback, then **** Stockton nailed it.]

So, other than that, Stockton had it nailed.​

He was channel 4 sports in the early 70's.

Eddie Andelman used to dump on him.

Greg Gumbel, **** Stockton, and Al Michaels are all into their 70’s now.

Gumbel is another guy that’s been under-appreciated over the years.

He's 75 years old. He still has it?

Every time I've stumbled across a game Stockton was announcing over the past few years I was quickly convinced that he should have retired years ago.

**** Stockton, Jameis Winston and the worst announcer call of the 2015 NFL season

He has no receivers downfield [he did.] And loose ball [no, he still had it] — loose ball! [nope, still has it] — and it’s recovered by the Falcons [is “the Falcons” one of Winston’s nicknames?]! No, no, it’s picked up after the loss [remember, Winston never let go of the ball] by Winston himself [to be fair, Winston did have the ball at this point]! Falcons had it [metaphorically?] and Winston picks it up [if by picks it up, he means “continues to hold onto it” and if by “loose ball” he meant “comfortable cradled in the arms of the rookie quarterback, then **** Stockton nailed it.]

So, other than that, Stockton had it nailed.​

Sounded good to me, but I guess he's had bad calls. I dunno. I remember Pat Summerall sounded tired for the Pats Super Bowl over the Rams, and just listening to him now I thought he sounded good. Hell, 75, he does sound good.

Sounded good to me, but I guess he's had bad calls. I dunno. I remember Pat Summerall sounded tired for the Pats Super Bowl over the Rams, and just listening to him now I thought he sounded good. Hell, 75, he does sound good.
Summerall was done by SB36.

Only local play by play guy who still seemed have it in his late 60s was Fred Cusick but started to miss calls in his late 70s but I give him a pass as hockey was a much faster pace and tougher to keep up.

Summerall was done by SB36.

Only local play by play guy who still seemed have it in his late 60s was Fred Cusick but started to miss calls in his late 70s but I give him a pass as hockey was a much faster pace and tougher to keep up.

Johnny Most says hello.

Didn’t he call the Broncos the Nuggets today lol?

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back