PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Pre-Draft Thread] NFL Draft 2020 - NE Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which NE quarterback is throwing to Hamler in 2020 though?

I would love Hamler for the Pats in the slot. I saw that his speed and agility kept him from absorbing big hits. Also Jefferson (6'3 195) from LSU. His strengths are running option routes. He has good speed and runs the entire route tree but he exels at option routes...

I’d love for NE to grab Auburn DT Derrick Brown, but there is virtually no shot of that happening.

the one thing that pops on tape when watching this kid is the drops.

he drops a lot of balls.

I would love Hamler for the Pats in the slot. I saw that his speed and agility kept him from absorbing big hits. Also Jefferson (6'3 195) from LSU. His strengths are running option routes. He has good speed and runs the entire route tree but he exels at option routes...
Jefferson could really be a nice big slot-type player. Really good at creating space from reading coverage. Him and Burrow were magic at times. Burrow leading and JJ was usually on point adjusting if he had to, sometimes mid-air but his hands were very instinctive as well. Very good awareness, hand/eye coordination.
He has to clean up a few things but hes a nice prospect for sure.

Combine is huge for him. For everybody but him, Higgins, Shenault, Clayoool & a few others could make a lot of money with above average testing.

Hamler is a nice player. On the small side but VERY fast. John Brown 2.0? Not sure he could take a beating like Jules if made to go over the middle.
I also like the Ohio St. K.J. Hill.
If both K.J.'s are gone by the 3rd round the Pats could target SMU's James Proche (Porche'!). He caught a 110 balls this year. He'll catch anything. Looked good at Senior Bowl with herky-jerky moves to get open. Runs in the 4.5's. We'll see at the combine.

Hamler is a nice player. On the small side but VERY fast. John Brown 2.0? Not sure he could take a beating like Jules if made to go over the middle.
If both K.J.'s are gone by the 3rd round the Pats could target SMU's James Proche (Porche'!). He caught a 110 balls this year. He'll catch anything. Looked good at Senior Bowl with herky-jerky moves to get open. Runs in the 4.5's. We'll see at the combine.
I like Proche a lot and will be rooting for him. He rewrote the books at SMU. I have him in the 3rd as well on my Pats Big board.

Agreed.

The thing I like about Hamler is, besides his obvious talents, he bounces off a lot of tackles.

Oh right, this is the time of year when draft prospects tell us who the new position coaches will be.

I wish I watched more NCAA. I don't really know any of these guys

Count me in!

I'm a big fan. With some NFL experience he could be a real player. Played Basketball & QB in HS. Bball background stands out the way he positions himself, uses leverage, high points, stacks on verticals. Also very comfortable on those sneak/sit routes that kill zone defense.

Blocking is all about size, effort and technique. He has the first two 100%. Knows what he wants to do but can't do it quick enough or hold his inside hand position.

I threw out the idea of him or Degaura as FB options at times.

I like Trautman's potential

I wish I watched more NCAA. I don't really know any of these guys
There's 2 ways of doing it. 1) Watch the whole season of college ball (time consuming), 2) Watch just the bowl games around Christmas until the championship game, and then the all star games (East West Shrine Game and the Senior Bowl). That's pretty much what I do, less time consuming. I do catch some games during the year as well, since I love college ball, but I'm usually busy Saturdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down