SOURCE:Boston Herald

SOURCE:NESN

SOURCE:NESN

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Pray for Tampa

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by KontradictioN, Sep 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jimnance

jimnance PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,725
    Jmt- good luck,sounds like you're gonna be in the thick of it. Stay safe.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Julius

Julius Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +520
    Yeah, just because the county or your real estate agent tells you that you aren't in a floodzone, doesn't mean you aren't at risk. They have a $ incentive to minimize the risk. I think there are quite a few green Floridians getting their cherries popped this weekend. Tough lesson.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. BaconGrundleCandy

BaconGrundleCandy PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11,204
    I've loved Baker for awhile now. He's a lil cooked up but that's ok as long as he's not snapping lines w/ Manziel in some dirty bathroom.

He probably has a few issues he needs to iron out but who doesn't? This is a guy who took his future in his own hands and transferred without talking to OK coaches. Coached the scout team and beat out the starter. He shown a lot on and off the field.

He's a magician in the pocket at times. His escapability is 2nd to none in college football right now. Super competitive. Tough. Really nice touch on short, underneath throws and his deep ball. Good velocity. Can drive the ball. Accurate with nice ball placement on the run. Seems more than comfortable going through his progressions most plays.
    I worry about his size in terms of injuries and the ability to make NFL throws with 11 NFL athletes on the field at the same time. Also even Lamar Jackson will have trouble escaping from guys like Mack, Miller and Houston. So his mobility might not as effective?

So fun to watch watch. As is Mark Andrews who will get a ton of love next draft. Type1 diabetes and been through it and back battling but is a great prospect himself. Maybe not the "freak" that was Howard, Engram etc but he should be very solid all around after working on his blocking this off season. Nice surprise quicks and athleticism. Shows some nice yac ability. Big dude at 6'5/255.

Day 2 type.

I don't pray but it's more about keeping people in your thoughts. Being decent, empathetic.

A lot of people's lives are ruined and changed forever in the worst ways during events like this.

• Like Like x 4
  4. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13,606
    Unfortunately it's now looking to be even worse than initially feared. The eye is hugging near the coast. If it stays just offshore, Tampa will get the worst part of the storm (the northeast quarter). Pray it gets on shore so that Tampa only gets the northwest side.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. supafly

supafly Suddenly sad and Brady-less PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +24,989
    Baker Mayfield is definitely the real deal, but he did look like a total douche parading around the entire stadium like he had just won the national title, and then planting the team flag in the middle of the Buckeyes' emblem at midfield. They went out of their way to put on a public display as a clear cut sign of disrespect. Really no need to take it that far.

I get that it was a big win on the road, but it is week two and all. Geez. Would've liked to have seen some maturity there, like a grown man who could potentially lead an NFL franchise. Instead we got visions of Johnny Manziel rubbing his grubby little entitled fingers together, and I don't believe that's who Baker Mayfield is.

6. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +35,008
    I bought bread once from a guy named Rudy Baker...tasted like turnips

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. deters

deters In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,348
    Latest forecast is even worse for us in Tampa and Pinellas. Back up to cat 4 and appears it will skirt the coast line and potentially not make direct landfall until further up. This means more winds and increased storm surge than they expected in previous forecasts. Tampa's time has run out it appears... Hoping to god we stay safe. At this moment I'm expecting no power for probably a week and massive damage.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +56,009
    Apparently OSU was disrespectful last season in Norman and that stuck in his craw. No matter. I lost a lot of respect for him after that. Dude is talented, but you can be super competitive and not be a total douchebag about it. See: Brady, Tom.

9. Bill Lee

Bill Lee What, me worry? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,538
    My mom's place is on the shore at Gulfport (south side of St. Pete). She decided early in the week to flee so she's safe near Atlanta, but at this point her house is at great risk. I'm more worried for her friends and neighbors that stayed behind, especially a 94 year old lady who is a good friend of hers and who refused to leave with my mom. If nothing else, it's going to be a dreadful thing to live through. Hopefully people make it through alive.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. sambam94

sambam94 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4,072
    weather people.. I'm watching the weather channel and they keep saying gusts will be around 100 MPH at the worst locations, yet the wind speed is listed at 130 MPH, cat 4. I assume the 130 MPH were sustained winds near the eye wall....so why the 100 MPH gusts forecast only?

11. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Palm Beach Pats Fan Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +17,211
    I have in-laws there. BEFORE it arrived, all forecasts were saying 20 to even 25 inches of rain, which seemed insane. I have my text to my brother-in-law, asking where 20 inches of rain would go.

The forecasters knew Harvey was slow-moving. They did not expect it to completely stall out and dump on one area for 4 days, then gradually inch inward, then reverse course and dump some more.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. BaconGrundleCandy

BaconGrundleCandy PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11,204

Baker being Baker

Not a good look for sure but that goes back a lot further than this game. Just who he is but he has channel that energy in another way.

13. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Ratings:
    +17,211
    Riding the storm out and trying to decide which I like best, tequila or rum. Going back and forth... it may become settled soon. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Ratings:
    +17,211
    I tink I like the requila more betta.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Actual Pats Fan

Actual Pats Fan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,254
    Stay safe, we love you.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Actual Pats Fan

Actual Pats Fan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,254
    By the Sox, maybe.

17. Silver Blue&Red

Silver Blue&Red PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,777
    My buddy lives in the keys.
    He evacuated to his house in Ft. MYERS. He's wondering if he should have stayed put.
    But he's a Rams fan, so who cares.:rolleyes:.

But seriously, he's pretty well prepared. Steel shutters, generator,....

It looks like the whole west coast is going to get pummeled.
    I have an acre down there, but haven't developed it yet

• Useful Useful x 2
  18. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +56,009
    I'm drinking IPAs right now (specifically New Belgium Voodoo Ranger) then I'm switching to vodka and tonic with lime.

• Like Like x 2
  19. TheBostonStraggler

TheBostonStraggler Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +6,369
    Be careful brother. Weird things happening at the beach right now.
    I'm in western central Pasco about 10 miles from the ocean. My concern is a tree thing. I have tree groves/forested close to me on three sides. I'm good if the trees cooperate :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +8,784
    Just heard my third loud Boom in the last two hours (transformers blowing). As I type, make that four.

Still have electricity here although the internet went out temporarily twice. Brisk wind from the north (even though the storm is to the south), due to the circular nature of a hurricane.

Right now it's a light rain, wind about 25 mph. We lose electricity with basic average rainstorms here, so it's not a matter of if, but when that goes out. Hopefully much later rather than sooner.

Storm just made landfall in Marco Island, which is about 185 miles south of where I am. If it is going to come here I'd rather it pick up speed and pass through quickly, instead of just slowly hovering overhead and sticking around. That was the problem the Houston area just had.

The waiting just seems to take forever. The inevitable lack of electricity is going to be a royal pain in the ass.

• Useful Useful x 3