4. Pitt
5. Tenn
6. Seattle
7. Buffalo
8. LA Rams
9. Cleveland
10. Saints

Pats are knocking on the door at 11.

No major objection to this list. Might move Pitt down a little since they hasn't beaten a good team yet.

My bottom 5:

28. Bengals
29. Redskins
30. Falcons
31. Giants

50 feet of :poop:

32. Jesters :eek:

You could argue every season about team flaws but these contenders have sizeable warts:

Packers
  • CB, LB
  • WR depth
Chiefs
  • interior OL
  • defense in general
Ravens
  • offensive efficiency way down without Yanda
  • WR
  • Can’t rush the passer without blitzing
Steelers
  • Ben’s arm strength
  • questionable zone pass defense
  • haven’t played anybody
The Titans have a questionable pass defense & can you trust Tannehill? The Seahawks have an average roster with an MVP QB.

There are about 12-14 teams that can contend. It’s a good year for the pats regarding parity.

Last edited:
I won’t be sold on Green Bay until they start beating some real teams. Somehow they’ve lucked out big time last year and this year with cream puff schedules but have turtles in the big games.

Till further notice I still feel kc and Baltimore are the teams to beat. Baltimore matches up poor with kc but have ran through most others since mid season last year. Laid an egg in the playoffs.

We’ll be higher on that list by years end when we hit the easier portion of our schedule, provided cam stays healthy.

Not sure how good Pitt and cle are or if they are a product of getting to play the nfc east and afc south (both have yet to play Tennessee the only great team in the division). Remember how we went 12-4 last year with a horrific offense thanks partially to a cake schedule.

Tennessee, Buffalo(despite last night), rams seem to be trending upward, teams to keep an eye on.

Steelers are so transparently overrated, I don't understand the universal hype.

The next 4 weeks will tell us where they really are - browns, ravens, titans, Dallas (they suck but still better than the trash they’ve played so far)

I live in Pittsburgh, I think there’s a lot of “yeah we’re 4-0 but...we haven’t played anyone.” Their defense is much improved, but if they can’t get to the QB their secondary is a weakness. One Philly WR absolutely abused them.

It pretty much all depends on Roethlisberger. If he stays upright and their young WRs show a lot, I could see them going 12-4. But Chase Claypool is going to get a lot more attention going forward, which means Juju or Diontae Johnson will have to be better. Any team with a good o-line, pass protection and a solid passing game will likely cause problems for Pittsburgh.

They’re pretty good, but I think the combined record of the teams they’ve played so far is something like 3-14. They haven’t even played a competitive team yet. That said, Cleveland, Baltimore and Tennessee are all coming up on the schedule, combined record of 12-2.

I won’t be sold on Green Bay until they start beating some real teams. Somehow they’ve lucked out big time last year and this year with cream puff schedules but have turtles in the big games.

Till further notice I still feel kc and Baltimore are the teams to beat. Baltimore matches up poor with kc but have ran through most others since mid season last year. Laid an egg in the playoffs.

We’ll be higher on that list by years end when we hit the easier portion of our schedule, provided cam stays healthy.

Not sure how good Pitt and cle are or if they are a product of getting to play the nfc east and afc south (both have yet to play Tennessee the only great team in the division). Remember how we went 12-4 last year with a horrific offense thanks partially to a cake schedule.

Tennessee, Buffalo(despite last night), rams seem to be trending upward, teams to keep an eye on.
Yeah it took until week 9 for NE to play anyone remotely competitive last year, and we got clobbered. Pretty much our 3 toughest opponents last year, not including Buffalo, all losses.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back