PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Posts from the Niner fans...let the smack talk commence

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW...whats the weather report look like out there?

Typically I'd give the team that runs the ball better the advantage in cold weather, but considering the Pats December record of late that may not be a factor.

Cold and rainy

They really don't know yet..depends how far south the storm goes....the closer it is to us..the more rain we get....goes further south...we might get a bit of snow!!

I honestly expected 49ers fans to be more intelligent and for them to have good discussion about the game on their forum. I was wrong. Basically their only thoughts are that they're going to lose because the Patriots get all the flags. So pathetic. They're basically making excuses before the game that they can use if they lose.

I honestly expected 49ers fans to be more intelligent and for them to have good discussion about the game on their forum. I was wrong. Basically their only thoughts are that they're going to lose because the Patriots get all the flags. So pathetic. They're basically making excuses before the game that they can use if they lose.
Oh man are they gonna whine when we run the score up on them...lol..lol:rocker:

Like anything else, some are cool. Others are less cool and believe their opinions are facts. Silly.

A couple things....

I wouldn't call the Niners O "subpar". They have either the #1 or #2 ranked rush offense in the league. They don't put up huge passing numbers, but they really aren't designed to. While the Pats run the most plays in the NFL, the Niners go the exact other way...they seldom snap the ball with more than a few seconds on the play clock. They slow the game down.

PLEASE, don't put the Tebow label on Kaep. Tebow is a joke. Kaep has great movement skills, but its his arm and accuracy that are the reasons he's starting. He can throw passes Alex could never throw. The media makes a huge deal out of his mobility, but that isn't the reason he's playing. Tebow can hardly throw the ball. Kaep has a HUGE arm. I mean HUGE. Randy dislocated a finger trying to catch one of his passes. Now, of course, a huge arm doesn't make him a great QB, I'm just saying...ENOUGH with the Tebow comparison. If you wanna make a comparison, Randall Cunningham is much, much closer.

"Laughable" receiveing corps? Crabtree, Manningham, and Moss? You just may be in for a rude awakening. The only reason these guys don't have bigger numbers is that the 49ers are so devoted to the running game. Crab is a very good receiver, he just doesn't get many chances. Manningham has been clutch when he's healthy and Moss has been a sage vet for the entire team and been pretty good on third down.

LOL...always the Rams. LOL. You do realize that the Niners are 8-2 against everyone else. The problem with the Rams is just an question of matchups. I suppose I should just assume that the Pats suck too because they lost to both the Cards and Seattle (Both teams the Niners beat this year)? You should also know very well that divisional games are simply a different animal.

If the Niners D is so bad in the Red Zone (which they aren't) then why do they allow the fewest points in the NFL while allowing the second fewest last year?

Look...I'm not trying to say the Niner will win, but I think you need to give the Niners just a bit more respect there.

#2 in rushing and #26 in passing does not a par offense make simply because it's so ridiculously imbalanced.

Kaep runs him some college-type option crap, hence the Tebow comparison. Yes, he is much, much, much, much, much, much better.

SF allows 56% of teams in the red zone to score a TD. That's not elite. However they only allow on average 1.9 red zone trips per game to opposing teams. That is why they allow so few points.

The Patriots meanwhile get in the red zone an average of 4.5 times per game and score TDs 68% of the time.

The middle 60 will decide this game.

#2 in rushing and #26 in passing does not a par offense make simply because it's so ridiculously imbalanced.

Kaep runs him some college-type option crap, hence the Tebow comparison. Yes, he is much, much, much, much, much, much better.

SF allows 56% of teams in the red zone to score a TD. That's not elite. However they only allow on average 1.9 red zone trips per game to opposing teams. That is why they allow so few points.

The Patriots meanwhile get in the red zone an average of 4.5 times per game and score TDs 68% of the time.

The middle 60 will decide this game.

Well...we can argue the first one all day, but they are actually fairly balanced MY ATTEMPT, not yards. They are probably much closer to 50-50 if you lookat how OFTEN they throw to how often they pass.

The LEAGUE however is very IMBALANCED toward the pass.

Yes...they do run the Pistol sometimes along with 15 or so more formations with multiple shifts and unbalanced lines. He isn not like Tebow. His arm and accuracy are on another planet. Kaep is a QB who can run. Tebow is a substandard linebacker trying to play QB...but hey, he's a religeous guy so peeps love him.

OK, I see the numbers you are looking atforthe red zone D.I think that may be a fairly small sample size since teams so seldom get into the redzone, but i see what you are saying.

Tebow won a playoff game vs. Pitt. Lets see what CK does before we anoint him the next big thing and Tebow as a giant bust. Truthfully CK has had one excellent game thus far. The pundits are stating its the Pats O vs. 49ers D. In fact the Pats D is much improved just using the naked eye test and we'll see how the Niners O deals with them. As great as SF's LBs are the Pats LBs are very good as well. Trust me.

Tebow won a playoff game vs. Pitt. Lets see what CK does before we anoint him the next big thing and Tebow as a giant bust. Truthfully CK has had one excellent game thus far. The pundits are stating its the Pats O vs. 49ers D. In fact the Pats D is much improved just using the naked eye test and we'll see how the Niners O deals with them. As great as SF's LBs are the Pats LBs are very good as well. Trust me.

I'm not annointing CK7 as anything yet...I'm just saying the Tebow comparison isn't even close. CK7 has a BIG arm and very good downfield accuracy...which are the two biggest things Tebow LACKS.

I don't doubt the Pats D is improving. I wouldn't put them in the Niners league, but that isn't really a slight considering that I consider the Niners LBs the best since another quartet that Vic Fangio coached. The Dome Patrol in NO (Pat Swilling, Rickey Jackson, Sam Mills, and Vaughan Johnson).

I agree the "other matchup" will be big...the Niners ) vs Pats D. I think they are much better than peeps think with Kaep under center. He's kinda been learning these past few weeks af teams have learned to scheme against him with pressure and taking away the deep pass. As good as the Pats may be on D, do they have the pass rush that the Rams and Dolphlins have? Yes, those are not great teams, but they have VERY good pass rushes.

I just don't know if the Pats have a good enough rush to prevent Kaep from hitting those deep completions. I'm not saying they DON'T. I'm saying I don't know.

We'll see - Pass Rush

Watch Chandler Jones and Rob Ninkovich

They bring it

Dear 9er "fan", if I were you I'd be worried about your team. 31-3 (vs. the Pats) going in to the second half and almost lose? Wow. Don't tell me you weren't making mud pies in your pants. And if the refs bothered to watch the last kick off return or if the Patriot's booth coaches weren't too busy picking their asses, they would've seen James step out of bounds, funny how it wasn't even mentioned even by the guys calling the game...hmmm....How the hell do you blow a 28 pt. lead in the last quarter with such a great team....?

You obviously don't know football. 49ers 1981 season, they lost to a .500 Lions team and a pathetic Browns team...guess what, the 49ers won the Super Bowl that year...any given Sunday pal...your argument has holes. It doesn't matter anyway, this year it will be Atl. and Balt.

Nothing is easy in the playoffs.

All in good fun. Plus I thought their fan base was cool and knew football well. I guess not.

Many Patsie fans forget other teams have been winning World Championships while the Kennedy's were still boinking Marylin Monroe, others while Teddy was driving Oldsmobiles.

In other words, newcomers to the winning scene and if it weren't for obscure garbage rules they might still be sniffing for their first.

Many Patsie fans forget other teams have been winning World Championships while the Kennedy's were still boinking Marylin Monroe, others while Teddy was driving Oldsmobiles.

In other words, newcomers to the winning scene and if it weren't for obscure garbage rules they might still be sniffing for their first.

Waaah, waaah! If you have ever wondered why the Ravens fan base has a reputation as being the league's biggest whiners, just re-read what you wrote.

Are you even old enough to have watched the games from the early 2000's?

Patriots were by far the best team in the NFL all 2003 and all 2004, even before the playoffs began. Ridiculously flawed pretzel logic that winning in 2001 caused winning in 2003 and 2004; if that was the case, then why haven't the Ravens won the Super Bowl since 2000?

You sound like a bitter old man, LOL.

Yes, I am laughing AT YOUR EXPENSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing