PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post youtube links without preview?

K. Dog

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
When I put a youtube link in a forum post, the software turns the link into a full inline video. This is not always what I want because (a) it takes a lot of space on the page, and (b) its handling of links to times within videos i.e. using the &t=... format seems buggy.

How can I just post a link as a link to a youtube video?

When I put a youtube link in a forum post, the software turns the link into a full inline video. This is not always what I want because (a) it takes a lot of space on the page, and (b) its handling of links to times within videos i.e. using the &t=... format seems buggy.

How can I just post a link as a link to a youtube video?
Rather than just pasting the link into a thread, use the link icon.

It is in the middle of the toolbar when you are entering a comment, From left to right you should see B (bold), I (italics), etc. It is the 7th icon, sort of looks like an oval chain.

For it to work you need to first type in a name, heading title, etc. You can simply use "link", for example.

Link

Shade the wording you are using (such as my 'link', above), click on that chain icon, and paste in the URL (in this case, to a youtube video).

Hope that helps.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back