PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Super Bowl Thread- On to the Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is true that the rams got pressure on brees. Either the saints offensive line sucks or their front 7 is good.

The Saints OL was badly beaten up. Andrus Peat was trying to block Aaron Donald with a broken hand. This is why the Saints’ offense struggled down the stretch.

One more thing about that pats chiefs game. Tom Brady converts 3rd down passes into 1rst downs 38% of the time during the season. The fact that he was 3 for 3 converting on 3rd and long in OT is insane. We're very fortunate to have won that game.

Sure, they converted on a higher than expected rate. But transposing it into the defining stat of the whole game seems odd.

The Chiefs were lucky to be in the game after being outgained 2-1 in yardage and T.O.P. - the two picks by Brady (and the illegal pick play on Watkins catch and run) were what kept them afloat.

Imo, this year, Thuney isn't that far off from Shaq at all. Been saying it all year, it's easily his best season imo.

It's been Thuney's best season, no question. Putting him up with Mason is a bit much, IMO, but he's definitely played better than last year.

If the Patriots re-sign Brown, allowing Wynn to be a bit of a roamer when needed, the line could be pretty well stacked for next year, even before the draft.

What the Rams Super Bowl jersey are going to look like...

Brady, Edelman & the 4 Horseman (RBs) will carry this team to a SB Title.

If we can find a way to deal with Rams running out of 11 personnel.

We were absolutely horrendous at stopping the run out of 11, and unfortunately no team ran more out of that personnel than the Rams did.

I wouldn't be shocked if Belichick puts A LOT of focus on Todd Gurley, more than any other offensive player. Sounds like he's the straw that stirs the drink for them offensively. What's BB's claim to fame? Takes away your best player(s) and makes you beat his team with the other players. I think he's going to want Goff to throw a lot. It'll depend on how healthy Gurley is, but I hear that their offense almost lives and dies with him.

If we can find a way to deal with Rams running out of 11 personnel.

We were absolutely horrendous at stopping the run out of 11, and unfortunately no team ran more out of that personnel than the Rams did.

It seems pretty likely that the coaching staff is aware of this. Belichick and Flores will really address this the next couple weeks. Gurley is their offensive catalyst, slowing him up will go a long way I think. Our line play on both sides of the ball has improved immensely since the Miami and Pittsburgh losses, almost a different team completely! I'm guessing those negative statistics were mostly from that stretch of four games with NYJ, MIN, MIA and PIT, the latter two especially.

According to @pfref stats: Tom Brady's 348 passing yards in the AFC Championship was the most passing yards by a QB at Arrowhead Stadium in the playoffs. Peyton Manning held the record with 304 yards in the 2003 Divisional Round!

Screenshot-8-4-640x480.jpg

"CLIFF!!"

I can’t see Goff beating Brady. I said the same thing about Foles but still. If we get up a couple scores early I can see their defense folding.

I hope we have the bad taste of that loss last year to foles. Our secondary will have to play better no excuses. Seeing Brady put on a masterpiece of a performance only to have our secondary give up play after play after play was painful to watch. Also the eagles got away with a few calls but the refs decided to go with the new catch rules. I just want a better performance from the defense.

I hope we have the bad taste of that loss last year to foles. Our secondary will have to play better no excuses. Seeing Brady put on a masterpiece of a performance only to have our secondary give up play after play after play was painful to watch. Also the eagles got away with a few calls but the refs decided to go with the new catch rules. I just want a better performance from the defense.

Well, there's no Butler to pull in this one - and I haven't heard a lick of DB-debauchery this season, so I expect us to field our normal secondary and not some other form on the big stage.

Well, there's no Butler to pull in this one - and I haven't heard a lick of DB-debauchery this season, so I expect us to field our normal secondary and not some other form on the big stage.
I’m glad we’re facing goff and not brees. Brees is experienced and has a very quick release. He could torch us. Less likely goff will but anything can happen.

What about the Rams' running game?

I’m glad we’re facing goff and not brees. Brees is experienced and has a very quick release. He could torch us. Less likely goff will but anything can happen.

Brees is the person who would've beaten us playing against NO

Gurley and Donald, imo, are who will beat us (in that alternative universe where we lose) playing against the Rams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back