PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Pats @ Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol florio already changed his article to now

Okay, I'm hoping we can clinch 13-14 wins this season AND beat Denver during the regular season because facing them at mile high sucks and itd really suck if they somehow pull 12-13 wins and we face them in the AFCCG at their house.

well the first half was fun to watch, I fell a sleep for the second half but kinda woke up and saw a bit of it. Im in India right now.

Anyway, Im kind of surprised Cook doesn't get open more, seems like thats the type of guy we were expecting, maybe not. I did think overall the O-line did a nice job, its never going to be perfect and no team can do that.

The Denver game looks like it could be a lot harder, that dismantling of Dallas was notable and watching the Falcons game this morning that cold be trouble also. Pittsburg looking good.

Anyway I think as long as guys stay healthy the Pats are going to be very good. worry about Gronk though and wonder overall is there something about the Pats training program that isn't up to speed with other teams. Just seems like we get hit with injuries much more so than other teams, except the ravens a few years ago.

Good win. I would also like to note, Saints cheerleaders look like the older waitresses at the local Longhorn steakhouse.
I felt the same, didn't say anything cuz I didn't want to look like, you know...
th
th

Actually, they may be the same cheerleaders from that Eugene Profit punt-block game back in '86...

If you're speaking about the closeup of an older looking cheerleader on the broadcast. She has polycystic kidney disease.

But even though Lewis didn’t think she had a chance of getting a spot on the Saintsations squad, she went ahead and auditioned anyway. Carpe diem, she thought.

"I know my time is limited," Lewis, a dance instructor, told The Associated Press of her decision. "I don't want to let any time go. I want to make every day count."

This 40-Year-Old Mom Has An Incurable Disease, But She Became An NFL Cheerleader Anyway

Can anyone think of a precedent for a QB's wheels flying off without some air coming out of the tires first?

If air were coming out of the tires it's more likely than not that Brady would be generally aware of it. :)

2. Harris is wasting a roster spot.

He's new and we'll need him when one of the other LBs goes injured, which is inevitable.

He'll be far better there than Jordan Richards (who has been in the system 3 years now and has no higher ceiling).

The difference in the game today vs last week was fewer Richards snaps.

Not sure if this has already been posted, but I love this...

"This statement shouldn't be taken lightly. White a really vital part of O for few reasons, not the least of which is he has full trust of QB."

I was thrilled to see a lot more James White this week, as opposed to a week ago. I expect to see even more going forward. No need to save him, he's not sneaking up on anyone anymore.

I think you're going to see a ton more Harris this week, and against running teams.

If we don't, then yes, I have no idea why he's here.
Has to be the plan, but they are in base rarely against any team it seems. Will be interesting to see.

Has to be the plan, but they are in base rarely against any team it seems. Will be interesting to see.

They should, should, be in base quite a bit against the Texans. O'Brien's been super-conservative (and rightly so, probably) in trying to protect Watson. But we'll see, like you said.

Good win but I don't think the saints are very good either. The injuries are starting to become a concern though and I dont know how much longer the pats can keep plugging the holes.

Pats may have dodged a bullet with Gronk but you know it's only a matter of time before he goes down for the year. Hogan and dorsett looked hurt and then there is amendola who is always hurt.

Not sure if this has already been posted, but I love this...

"This statement shouldn't be taken lightly. White a really vital part of O for few reasons, not the least of which is he has full trust of QB."

I agree. Whites play has been phenomenal. He could be the best pass catching back in the league right now.

I agree. Whites play has been phenomenal. He could be the best pass catching back in the league right now.

He's running the ball very well against sub too. I sorta want to see them try him out against base defenses.

He's running the ball very well against sub too. I sorta want to see them try him out against base defenses.

I think the superbowl changed him. Much more confident now. I think he is the best RB on the team and someone that Brady really trusts.

What a game. I said in the post a score thread I had bad thoughts so I didn't post a score. My thoughts were way off base. Good to see Brady have a good game, he used the back field effectively.

They should, should, be in base quite a bit against the Texans. O'Brien's been super-conservative (and rightly so, probably) in trying to protect Watson. But we'll see, like you said.

The Texans actually went 4 and 5 wide at various points during that Bengals game. It seemed like they were willing to have Watson run Patriots like quick passing plays using crossing routes to create separation, as well as well as some isolation hitch routes Hopkins.

Watson's arm strength seemed suspect. I wonder if the Patriots will be able to use a cover 1 robber type of look. Have one deep safety, man to man coverage, with a middle zone / QB spy. I guess it depends on if they feel they can stop Hopkins 1v1.

That said, they also probably want to mix it up with disguised coverages, and fake blitz cues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back