Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you prefer a healthy team or a BYE?

• team remaining fully healthy

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • BYE (w 2 starters out*)

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • the season is over

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
For those who are still looking forward to Pats playoffs.. ;)

There are two weeks to playoffs that will define Pats playoffs starting position.
At the moment Pats are 3rd seed meaning hosting wildcard and roading divisionals.
At the moment Pats are the healthiest current roster.

There is a chance Pats overtake HOU w both ending 11-5 (HOU losing @PHI).
There is a chance Pats lose significant player or two to injury.

Which option would you prefer: Pats staying healthy and remain 3rd seed or lose 2 starters* (Gronk or Gordon & D-Mac or Chung f.e. - or any two important players of your choice not named Brady, Gilmore, Ghost or R.Allen) and gain a BYE?

This particular team needs the first round bye week more than ever! The ideal scenario is for the Chargers to finish with the 1 seed,us to with the 2 seed,Houston the 3rd and Pittsburgh/Baltimore with the 4th!

I see Houston is a pick 'em at Philadelphia. That game will likely determine if the Patriots get a bye. Flip a coin.

The idea of not playing guys because they "may" get injured is not something the Patriots subscribe to, nor should they. Having to win one less playoff game is well worth the risk. Now, when it comes to guys who are 50/50 from a health perspective, that's different. It just seems like the roster is pretty healthy right now.

The Pats still haven’t wrapped up their division for starters. Also, the Steelers are 1/2 game back of NE and could overtake them for the 3 seed. A 4 seed means a date with KC or LAC and a likely playoff exit. I would go all out in the next 2 games.

The idea of not playing guys because they "may" get injured is not something the Patriots subscribe to, nor should they. Having to win one less playoff game is well worth the risk. Now, when it comes to guys who are 50/50 from a health perspective, that's different. It just seems like the roster is pretty healthy right now.

The Pats still haven’t wrapped up their division for starters. Also, the Steelers are 1/2 game back of NE and could overtake them for the 3 seed. A 4 seed means a date with KC or LAC and a likely playoff exit. I would go all out in the next 2 games.

Im not sure which part of OP would hint that . but the premise here is NOT to rest players. Just pure hypothetical outcome of last 2 weeks w full go: no injuries or no bye..

I see Houston is a pick 'em at Philadelphia. That game will likely determine if the Patriots get a bye. Flip a coin.

Playing the odds, they do have jax after that who isnt very good but could play some spoiler on their division rival. They beat indy and almost beat pitt. Its not very likely they will beat Houston but likely enough imo that if you combine the odds with hou possibly losing @ Philadelphia who is fighting for their lives and just beat the rams, id say its more likely Houston will drop one of the games than win both.

depends on the seeds.

Im not sure which part of OP would hint that . but the premise here is NOT to rest players. Just pure hypothetical outcome of last 2 weeks w full go: no injuries or no bye..

How else do you guarantee certain players remain healthy?

Wait, in order to choose the hypothetical bye option we have to have two injured starters?

We will root for Philly to beat Houston and for the Pats to play better. Nothing else we can hope for at this point.

How else do you guarantee certain players remain healthy?
Which starters?

Thought it was clear and simple and idle enough. My mistake..

Didn’t we learn this lesson in 2015? Obviously bye.

Funny, I thought the lesson of 2015 would be the injuries..

Wait, in order to choose the hypothetical bye option we have to have two injured starters?

yes sir

ps (to himself)
certainly made myself lots of unexpected not to mention unnecessary work here..

Thought it was clear and simple and idle enough. My mistake..

Funny, I thought the lesson of 2015 would be the injuries..

yes sir

ps (to himself)
certainly made myself lots of unexpected not to mention unnecessary work here..
Pissing away homefield was a bigger deal. Von Miller is so much faster in Demver.

I guess it depends on which two starters, but in general I'll take the bye without question. One home game is a much, much easier path to the AFCCG than a home game followed by a road game. Especially with this particular team that gets consistently beaten by even mediocre opponents on the road.

I am not sure if you are asking if the Pats should sit players week 17 if we don't get a bye. We should not. We are not in sync on any level and we are healthy enough that we should try to go into the playoffs on an upswing rather than a downswing, then go from there. If we get a 1st round bye because someone else loses, great. If not, we've tried to work out the kinks for another two weeks in friendly Foxboro.

I don't think this team stands a chance in hell without the bye. Even when fully healthy we aren't that damn good. The less games the better for this team. Any road game we play we stand a pretty damn good shot of losing. This team has proven that all year long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes