PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Please, not the Pioli to NY talk again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
Just a blurb from Cafardo

. . . Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli's name is popping up as a possible replacement for Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi, who may retire in the next year, even though Pioli signed a long-term deal with the Patriots last season. Said one AFC official, ''He's the name heard most often. I know it was out there for a while last year, but it's being mentioned again."

Hopefully just the fact that his name is being mentioned again is no indication of reality, just wishful thinking (on their part).

Untile someone can pry him away there will be talk - just look at the BB to Houston garbage that s-hit this week.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Untile someone can pry him away there will be talk - just look at the BB to Houston garbage that s-hit this week.

Is that a Bill Belichick to Houston rumor? Hadn't heard that one. Has it been debunked, so I don't need to worry about it? With everything happening to the Red Sox, I was thinking that the Patriots, by comparison, look like the Rock of Gibraltar. And that's in the wake of Weiss and Crennel moving on.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Is that a Bill Belichick to Houston rumor? Hadn't heard that one. Has it been debunked, so I don't need to worry about it? With everything happening to the Red Sox, I was thinking that the Patriots, by comparison, look like the Rock of Gibraltar. And that's in the wake of Weiss and Crennel moving on.
Here it is, quickly:

ESPN Monday Night pre-game. Chris Mortenson talking about coaching vacancies this off-season. Mentions that Jimmy Johnson has consulted with Bob McNair about his expected opening there. Mortenson has Johnson telling McNair not to be too hasty in deciding his direction, because you never know what 'gems might pop loose' from existing contracts at the end of the season. To support this, Johnson apparently mentions Belichick (I believe this was in reference to him leaving the Jets in January of 2000).

Poster misunderstands this and believes Johnson is saying BB might 'pop loose' from his CURRENT job, comes here and posts what he sort of heard and asks for clarification. This causes a ridiculous 9 page thread that includes all kinds of speculation as to why BB is leaving, etc., and even begins the discussion of Charlie Weis as the successor.

I don't think it qualifies as a 'rumor' when its just a silly thread on a message board. Even the original poster was disgusted.

Pioli just signed an extension. And in the past he has always said he would honor the end of the contract.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Just a blurb from Cafardo

. . . Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli's name is popping up as a possible replacement for Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi, who may retire in the next year, even though Pioli signed a long-term deal with the Patriots last season. Said one AFC official, ''He's the name heard most often. I know it was out there for a while last year, but it's being mentioned again."

Hopefully just the fact that his name is being mentioned again is no indication of reality, just wishful thinking (on their part).
When I read Cafardo's piece this am, my first reaction was this was Cafardo's way to out jaw Jaw's! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes