PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Players you hold a grudge against

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only hold a genuine grudge against a select few:

Victor Kiam
AH
A handful of non-Pats like Pollard, Burfict, TJ Ward, Tatum...

**** those guys.

For most guys that potentially fit this category, it's more of an eyeroll and "ugh" rather than outright grudge. I'm sure I could think of more guys than listed:

Tony Eason
Raymond Berry
Eugene Chung
Kenneth Sims
Bill Parcells
The Sullivan family
Pete Carroll
Zeke Mowatt

Guys I've seen listed from others who will always get a pass from me:

Tom Brady
Adam Vinatieri
Malcolm Butler
Wes Welker

Regards,
Chris

The weird thing about Pollard was he was really apologetic about the Brady hit when it happened.

Then he joined the Ravens and became a lot more dislikeable. He was even trashing his old team after they lost to the titans.

Tom Brady for getting a little too sensitive about his feelings the past few years and leaving for freaking TB???

sorry just being honest. I don’t hate him, but this all made me feel differently about him permanently. I think that’s a grudge!? Not calling for getting pitchforks out whatsoever but I hold a tiny bit of resentment after the exit, Alex Guerrero etc... oh and just his general attitude during 2019 and skipping OTAs

There are others. We stunk so bad growing up I couldn’t really be mad. Fryer is good one. I was butthurt about how Terry Glenn situation. Ty Law/Lawyer Malloy I always wished they had drank the cool aid

I guess I am a super homer haha - guilty!

Tom Brady for getting a little too sensitive about his feelings the past few years and leaving for freaking TB???

sorry just being honest. I don’t hate him, but this all made me feel differently about him permanently. I think that’s a grudge!? Not calling for getting pitchforks out whatsoever but I hold a tiny bit of resentment after the exit, Alex Guerrero etc... oh and just his general attitude during 2019 and skipping OTAs

There are others. We stunk so bad growing up I couldn’t really be mad. Fryer is good one. I was butthurt about how Terry Glenn situation. Ty Law/Lawyer Malloy I always wished they had drank the cool aid

I guess I am a super homer haha - guilty!

Completely agree about his attitude. The pouting over AB and in general last year was beneath the GOAT. I don’t begrudge that he left - Tampa has great weather and lots to see and do in the area and like AV he has a chance to extend his career. The Bucs are a good team. They’re not a rival team around here. The only things now that would make me dislike him is if he starts whining about his Patriots experience or throws Belichick or his team under the bus for the different scandals we’ve experienced in the last decade and a half. I can’t see that happening. He’s looking out for himself now instead of being team first and I guess that’s his right after all these years.

Either way he’s not my QB anymore and I will not be cheering for him to win a ring. I wish him well and looking forward to his retirement and induction into the Pats and Canton HOF when I can cheer him again.

Last edited:
JACK TATUM, is the only acceptable answer for me. He intentionally headhunted. He paralyzed my favorite player in a freakin' pre-season game and never expressed remorse. What a freakin' scumbag.

RIP Mr. Stingley

Not too big of a list.

AB
Ulf Samuelson
John McNamara
Victor Kiam
Bob Stanley

Love/Hate: Jeremy Jacobs,Red Sox ownership, Billy Sullivan, Manny Ramirez, Tuuka Rask, Glen Wesley, Dustin Pedroia, Malcolm Butler, Gost, Ray Allen

Gost? Pedroia?

Gost? Pedroia?
So really liked and appreciated Gost for his career but his playoff gaffes were killers. I try to shy away from performance-related grudges as I believe Gost tried his best but the missed XPs in the 2015 and 2017 playoffs and the chip-shot misses in the SBs really, really impacted the outcomes of those games.

Pedroia is a punk. Throwing his teammates under the bus for the brawl w/ BAL was disgusting.

JACK TATUM, is the only acceptable answer for me. He intentionally headhunted. He paralyzed my favorite player in a freakin' pre-season game and never expressed remorse. What a freakin' scumbag.

RIP Mr. Stingley

Just when I was coming to the conclusion that sports is to trivial an activity to have permanent grudges about, you make this contribution. Yeah, OK.

So really liked and appreciated Gost for his career but his playoff gaffes were killers. I try to shy away from performance-related grudges

Except for me if he’s Jordan Richards :D

I’d say Max Lane too but he was set up for failure.

Oh god Lane.....yea...Max Lane vs Reggie White. Great matchup.

I think Richards was set up for failure as well.

I posted a link to an article back in 2006 about Max Lane post-SB31. The article link still works:

Super Victim: Max Lane (ESPN.com article)

I hope in the 14 years since that article, he's let it all go.

Edit: Joker's reply in that old thread kills me :D

Regards,
Chris

Oh god Lane.....yea...Max Lane vs Reggie White. Great matchup.

During this Super Bowl Tuna replaced the double team that was taking care of White with...this. Wtf. o_O

During this Super Bowl Tuna replaced the double team that was taking care of White with...this. Wtf. o_O

Thats why RW was the GOAT.

That Dusty guy goofed on Korey Stringer from OSU. He was 6-4 350

Reactions: sb1
Thats why RW was the GOAT.

That Dusty guy goofed on Korey Stringer from OSU. He was 6-4 350

That’s why I can’t blame Bledsoe for this loss. He wasn’t great obviously but he was what he was and not the kind of QB that could handle a deficiency like Lane 1 on 1 with White. Brady might have done better here.

This was all on Tuna, IMO. This, plus getting Adam V to kick to Desmond Howard, plus forgetting about Martin or the short passing game that was schooling the Packers in the 3rd quarter when the game was still in reach plus other weird decisions too. Even in his post game presser he looked like a coach who had already checked out and I guess he was.

That’s why I can’t blame Bledsoe for this loss. He wasn’t great obviously but he was what he was and not the kind of QB that could handle a deficiency like Lane 1 on 1 with White. Brady might have done better here.

This was all on Tuna, IMO. This, plus getting Adam V to kick to Desmond Howard, plus forgetting about Martin or the short passing game that was schooling the Packers in the 3rd quarter when the game was still in reach plus other weird decisions too. Even in his post game presser he looked like a coach who had already checked out and I guess he was.
Agree. Drew was not a good playoff QB but I totally pin this on Tuna. Bad playcalling in the 4th qtr. Distractions. Kicking to DH. Argh...

With that said GB was a a helluva team. They were so loaded.

I have nothing against any player who leaves the team for what he perceives to be his own better economic or career interests.

Since I've never laced 'em up and stepped between the white lines of an NFL field during a game, I don't judge the decisions that players make...I reserve the right to have a view on whether I think they are good players...but I don't judge their decisions.

The only players I have a "grudge" against are Jack Tatum and Bernard Pollard....you could add Ben Dreith to that list, but he didn't kill (for all intents and purposes) someone or nearly end the career of the greatest QB ever to play the game.

Nah I think Glitch set himself up just fine...

...Though I really don't blame him as much as I blame the man that hired him...
I blame the man who wasn't ready for the game.

****ing idiots who hold a grudge against Tom Brady.

Yeah, pretty nonsensical. That’s like a Bulls’ fan turning on Jordan because he went to the Wizards after delivering six chips. TB12 walks on water as far as I’m concerned and I look forward to watching whatever games are left.

Nobody better.........ever have a grudge against Adam Seward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes