PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Rosen Unfollows Cards on Instagram (1st Comment is Classic!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever happens, these are good times...........

(at the bottom, hit the > button to the right of "### people are talking about this)

Rosen unfollows the Cardinals on Twitter... The Cardinals unfollow Rosen in life...

I don't blame him. The problem is he may be stuck in Arizona for a while since there aren't many teams needing starting QBs now.

I don't blame him. The problem is he may be stuck in Arizona for a while since there aren't many teams needing starting QBs now.

IDK. I think the Cards 100% need to trade Rosen. They don't want those 2 having to meet each other. Not that it will get physical but anything that can throw off their young QB is an absolute no go for them.

Much less a guy that can't properly diagnose a defense pre-snap and seems to be immature.

IDK. I think the Cards 100% need to trade Rosen. They don't want those 2 having to meet each other. Not that it will get physical but anything that can throw off their young QB is an absolute no go for them.

Oh I agree, but who wants him now? The options are limited.

I think many teams might be interested in him for a conditional 4th.

The problem I think is Miami pretending they are not tanking is screwing things up and giving the Cards false sense of value.

I would say his attitude is now a bigger problem than before.
He has no business commenting on the draft choices of the Cardinals
His play on the field and not his social media accounts must do that.

Last night it was comical how all of the announcers on the NFL Network kept marveling at how Josh Rosen was still a member of the Cardinals and they couldn't believe that someone hadn't traded with them to get Josh. On what planet was any team going to give up a first-round pick for that hot mess? Then at the end of the night they said, "Word is the Cardinals are happy to sit tight and have both Rosen and [the new guy] on their team." Hahahaha! I'll bet! Then they talked about how the Cardinals can't just "give him away" for a third rounder, which was the rumor on what was offered. The Cardinals should jump at a 3rd rounder! The Pats have a bunch! Give us a call!! (although query whether BB even wants Rosen - he was such a disaster, it's hard to know whether it's mostly the player or mostly something else, like lack of protection, lack of good coaching or lack of weapons, and whether he's ruined for life after his stint in the desert.).

I blame him. Firstly, who cares about social media "follows". Secondly, if he wants to be a millionaire baby about stinking up the joint and getting competition - so be it. Yes, he had bad coaches and nothing around him. It's a job. A paid position. It's not a trip to Disneyland...

Grow a pair, Josh. You stunk. Your team got first pick.

Oh I agree, but who wants him now? The options are limited.

Someone will trade for him when the value gets low enough. The issue is everyone knows the Cards are now negotiating from a position of weakness. They have to move him and the other 31 teams know it. At this point the Cards will be lucky to get a 4th for him. He simply hasn't proven enough and the Cards obviously don't believe in him if they're moving on after one year. Why should anyone else?

They swapped firsts, traded a third and a fifth to get Rosen. Paid a combined $20+ mill to Glennon and Bradford who are both gone and now draft another guy. That alone should get Keim pink slipped and that doesn’t even taking into account the DUI or firing a coach a year after he impressed him on a beach.

They swapped firsts, traded a third and a fifth to get Rosen. Paid a combined $20+ mill to Glennon and Bradford who are both gone and now draft another guy. That alone should get Keim pink slipped and that doesn’t even taking into account the DUI or firing a coach a year after he impressed him on a beach.

You'd almost think they were guessing at this point.

Much less a guy that can't properly diagnose a defense pre-snap and seems to be immature.

Unfollowing someone/something on Twitter is such a childish move. Passive-agressive BS

I blame him. Firstly, who cares about social media "follows". Secondly, if he wants to be a millionaire baby about stinking up the joint and getting competition - so be it. Yes, he had bad coaches and nothing around him. It's a job. A paid position. It's not a trip to Disneyland...

Grow a pair, Josh. You stunk. Your team got first pick.
While I sort of agree, he might have unfollowed them so that he didn't have to see himself getting totally abused on their feed. Or maybe he knows a trade is already in the works or a done deal. Didn't he show up for voluntary workouts in the past two weeks even with all the rumors that the Cards were going to take a QB with the first pick? We don't know the real reason he unfollowed them, although it's a bad look, much like the rest of his short tenure in AZ.

While I sort of agree, he might have unfollowed them so that he didn't have to see himself getting totally abused on their feed. Or maybe he knows a trade is already in the works or a done deal. Didn't he show up for voluntary workouts in the past two weeks even with all the rumors that the Cards were going to take a QB with the first pick? We don't know the real reason he unfollowed them, although it's a bad look, much like the rest of his short tenure in AZ.

What a great take, thank you for posting it! Have to admit I was thinking it was incredibly childish and hadn't considered the thought he'd be seeing himself getting torched on their feed. It adds a completely different perspective.

Reactions: ALP
Call me crazy, but I'm interested. I the Patriots would be a great situation for Rosen, take all the pressure off his back and let him grow into the job when Brady's ready to move on.

We want a talented replacement for Brady, and we're not going to get one that's more talented for less capital than Rosen right now. This is a buy low opportunity on a very talented player that probably isn't going to come again for a quarterback of that talent level between now and whenever Brady moves on.

Despite their claims of not giving Rosen away, I think the Cards will take whatever they can for him at this point. His trade value was never higher than it was before 8PM yesterday and it will only go down. Another potential trade suitor is going to draft Drew Lock and leave only two or three potential trade partners left with the two most likely trade partners going into last night drafting QBs in the first round.

I wouldn't throw a lot at the Cards for Rosen, but if he can be had for a 3rd I would jump at the trade. Then you hope this whole experience is a wake up call for him and he is fueled on proving the Cards wrong to become the Pats' QB for a decade or more after Brady retires.

Call me crazy, but I'm interested. I the Patriots would be a great situation for Rosen, take all the pressure off his back and let him grow into the job when Brady's ready to move on.

We want a talented replacement for Brady, and we're not going to get one that's more talented for less capital than Rosen right now. This is a buy low opportunity on a very talented player that probably isn't going to come again for a quarterback of that talent level between now and whenever Brady moves on.
I'm wondering what kind of cap hit Rosen's contract would be? He was the 10th pick in the draft last year. While trading one of those extra 3rds we have for him might be great, I am wondering if it's even doable because of his contract, and the fact that he will be a back-up, not a starting QB.

Seems like a great time to offer a draft pick for a former top 10 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots