PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Brady reiterates desire to play until 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares what Brady wants? Rob Parker says he can’t do it! :D

My big worry is that Brady will still be good but Bill will think that he can get 75% of the production at 10% of the cost and consider that worth it.
2001....Bill did pretty good with a neophyte QB who was given a simplified game plan full of line of scrimmage screen passes......all while saddled with the biggest QB contract in the NFL.
What would Bill do with a competent/cheap QB and an extra $22 mill this go around? Build his best defense ever and a more fortified ground attack than currently?

Looking at the last 18 SBs, almost half the games had a starting QB on a rookie contract.
Then factor in Brady’s SB appearances while on his below market contacts.
The combination of BB, extra $$$, and a quality QB on a rookie contract is not such a scary proposition. BB would probably love the challenge.

I want Brady to say that he’s thought about it and he really thinks he can play until he’s 50 now.

You are welcome to believe that Tom Brady should be treated precisely the same as the guys who are currently fighting for position #53. Most people will believe differently, and for damn good reason, but you do you.
He already is being treated like a typical NFLer. BB/Kraft just denied Brady’s attempt at a multi year extension.
And this offseason when Brady takes another whack at securing a multi year deal, do you think BB/Kraft will have adjusted their stance?
The put-off tone from Brady the morning after his 2019 salary adjustment was announced sure didn’t sound like a guy feeling too special... despite his salary bump.

Seems clear to me the front office’s goal is to retain Brady one year at a time.
It also seems clear Brady rejected that approach.
Insert all the warm fuzzy fluff you want, the fact remains both parties agreed to let the contract terminate in 6 months.

I want Brady to say that he’s thought about it and he really thinks he can play until he’s 50 now.

As great as that would be for the fans, I'd worry about the effects of him playing that long on his health...

mediots*haters* doubters* want to make their own agenda with what Brady has always said and has never changed his mind on. TB said when/if he would suck, then he himself would walk away and would LIKE to play until 45 as he realistically knows he may or may not being in uncharted waters with his age.

I think Brady will be true to his word. He did say he would retire if he started sucking. I don’t think he would want to retire after a 4-12 season. I think he’d retire before anything like that

How many times can one say it. At 42 Brady, with all his accomplishments, has reached the point of being a year to year player. It is simply a prudent situation for both player and team. As long as Bill thinks Brady is the best QB option for the Pats, he will be the QB. It's as simple as that.

It wasn't Kraft or Brady that instigated the JG trade. He was traded because he was Bill's SECOND best option at QB and would have been lost at the end of the year at ANY case. It also should be noted that the Pats have been to the Superbowl every year since the trade.

BTW- another thought about Brady. A lot has been made of Brady's "fallen off" performance last season. But think about this, fallen off from WHAT. The season before he was the freakin' MVP of the league. OF COURSE he was likely to "fall off" from that incredible year.

It will be interesting to see how Brady responds to his so-called "bad year". In the past, EVERY time Brady has a "bad year" he responded by having a better season. This season Brady added weight, worked on his mobility within the pocket, and worked to strengthen his arm.

There are a LOT of things that determine how well a QB plays. But I wouldn't be surprised that Brady doesn't "fall off a cliff" or even decline incrementally, though those this reasonably could happen. I believe he will do what he always does, bounce back.

Some of our posters are as bad as the media. The guys just wants to sell his house and some jump to absurd conclusions.

he may be too late in selling his house from purely financial standpoint........dark economic clouds in the not too distant future

he may be too late in selling his house from purely financial standpoint........dark economic clouds in the not too distant future

Sometimes people pay a premium to buy used goods from star athletes, but if he takes a loss it might make him change his approach to this hobby.

But.... great time to lock in a low rate $39 million mortgage

My big worry is that Brady will still be good but Bill will think that he can get 75% of the production at 10% of the cost and consider that worth it.

I see you haven't been following the Dak Prescott contract negotiations :D

Sometimes people pay a premium to buy used goods from star athletes, but if he takes a loss it might make him change his approach to this hobby.

he will make money.......my point was about maximizing profit

a year from now, brady is a niner, garoppolo is a patriot...........says chris long

An entire organization is supposed to defer to one player ......indefinitely?
Is this a Disney movie?

When that one player is the man most responsible for all of the team's success, yes Mickey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes