PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.
You make a great point that somehow no one high up in the NFL could have enough of a basic understanding of science to comprehend that gases are affected by temperature.

Yes. Now, how in the name of god is that possible? Not only did they try to foist this disaster on a public who mostly would not know,(and use that fact as a weaponized bit of intel) then act all hurt with crying ex players??

Go read up on cover stories used in intel ops. Same deal. LIE, refuse any kind of scientific evidence proving anything other than your narrative. Take out enemy ability to respond via constant bombing by media. Come on??

I know that most were never military but jeeze man! Tear off the blinders and remove the close pin from your nose. This tactic is as old as the sun.

We kind of watch and not really laugh. Messing with sports and attempting to manipulate the masses is an ancient get down. Machiavellian garbage which has failed horrendously every time. Whatever

B.U. School Of Engineering..Class of '73...even though my matriculation was nearly four and a half decades earlier, I STILL knew the ideal gas law refuted this insane garbage from jump street. I thought I had fallen into the Twilight Zone at first when I read that rotten little ba$tard scumbag Mort's "two pounds under!!" report. Jeezus krist....and everyone around me bought it! Surreal.

and then Kensil disappears for two years, and the Goon NEVER implements anything to check anything after blubbering up some azzheaded "new policy!". It was all a scam and the result, Article 46, is about the goddamndest piece of commie bullshyt I've ever heard of. To make it even worse, complete sports radio jokes like that moron Rich Keefe still blubber up idiocy about "that McNally said "deflator" nine months before the Colts game!!! That's proof Brady did it!!" Goddamned sub-moronic tick brain...still blabbing on EEI years later.

Yes. Now, how in the name of god is that possible? Not only did they try to foist this disaster on a public who mostly would not know,(and use that fact as a weaponized bit of intel) then act all hurt with crying ex players??

Go read up on cover stories used in intel ops. Same deal. LIE, refuse any kind of scientific evidence proving anything other than your narrative. Take out enemy ability to respond via constant bombing by media. Come on??

I know that most were never military but jeeze man! Tear off the blinders and remove the close pin from your nose. This tactic is as old as the sun.

We kind of watch and not really laugh. Messing with sports and attempting to manipulate the masses is an ancient get down. Machiavellian garbage which has failed horrendously every time. Whatever

People should really question everything that can dramatically effect their lives and not put blind faith in professionals when there is motive affecting their judgement. So many peer reviewed scientific studies have been shown to be flawed and after 60000 people die from a drug they finally pull it off the market.

B.U. School Of Engineering..Class of '73...even though my matriculation was nearly four and a half decades earlier, I STILL knew the ideal gas law refuted this insane garbage from jump street. I thought I had fallen into the Twilight Zone at first when I read that rotten little ba$tard scumbag Mort's "two pounds under!!" report. Jeezus krist....and everyone around me bought it! Surreal.

and then Kensil disappears for two years, and the Goon NEVER implements anything to check anything after blubbering up some azzheaded "new policy!". It was all a scam and the result, Article 46, is about the goddamndest piece of commie bullshyt I've ever heard of. To make it even worse, complete sports radio jokes like that moron Rich Keefe still blubber up idiocy about "that McNally said "deflator" nine months before the Colts game!!! That's proof Brady did it!!" Goddamned sub-moronic tick brain...still blabbing on EEI years later.

Sportstalk Radio is the least reliable source of NFL news, they thrive on creating controversy and for some reasons the masses follow.. Keefe is a culprit, but Felger, Mazz, Bertram are very close behind all of whom have never met a nontroversy they do not like even made up ones...

What pisses me off is that when Bertram starts another one of his half azzed thoughts about the Patriots that make no sense Zolak leaves his microphone and allows him to create BS... never understood why he does not counter Bertram as Zolak probably knows the most about the inner workings of the Patriots than anyone on the airwaves..

Used to really enjoy the banter, but now they have reduced themselves to something I consider irrelevant and unreliable.. more about entertainment than about discussing the facts... Facebook likes and Twitter followers are the barometer of success..

What pisses me off is that when Bertram starts another one of his half azzed thoughts about the Patriots that make no sense Zolak leaves his microphone and allows him to create BS... never understood why he does not counter Bertram as Zolak probably knows the most about the inner workings of the Patriots than anyone on the airwaves..
Why do you (and other who say this) think Zolak has any integrity? He's on that show in the first place, after all! And when you're taking the king's shilling you have to do what the king says. If he wants to keep the job he has to play along with what the station wants. And the station knows garbage like that gets ratings.

But never, ever forget where the ultimate blame lies -- on you and all the other listeners! If you didn't listen, ratings would drop, and then the crap would end.

Always cracks me the hell up when NE fans whine like that.

Because we won THREE EFFIN' CHAMPIONSHIPS that way. In 2001, 2003, and 2004 NE would clutch and grab receivers all over the place and dare the refs to call it all the time, knowing that they wouldn't.
Not really. That was the norm pre-2005 before they really enforced the chuck rule. There was no bias against the Patriots nor was it really up for ref interpretation. You were allowed to clutch/grab/hump receivers up and down the field and it wouldn't be called. Teams knew it was never called and literally built defenses around it.

The difference is today is much more arbitrary and inconsistent. You can't magically say "oh today we are going to call more holds" and then consistently penalize one team when the other team is doing the same damn thing.

That's twice in five weeks that the Steelers have been given a huge advantage by the zebras. The Jags game was much worse than Sunday's.

Maybe it's all coincidence, maybe it's follow the money (ratings)...but whatever it is, it's a very bad look for the league for an official to say something like that to Brady where it can leak out - it's basically an admission that the crew was instructed to take a larger role in the game.

It doesn't take much to erode the confidence in a fair playing field, and once someone's come to the conclusion that the refs are playing too big a role in the outcomes, the ratings will falter.

That's twice in five weeks that the Steelers have been given a huge advantage by the zebras. The Jags game was much worse than Sunday's.

Maybe it's all coincidence, maybe it's follow the money (ratings)...but whatever it is, it's a very bad look for the league for an official to say something like that to Brady where it can leak out - it's basically an admission that the crew was instructed to take a larger role in the game.

It doesn't take much to erode the confidence in a fair playing field, and once someone's come to the conclusion that the refs are playing too big a role in the outcomes, the ratings will falter.

Even with the flags called on us I still think we could have won the game if we didn’t drop those very catchable and crucial 3rd down balls. With all going against us I can see us stomping them in the playoffs if we play a half decent game.

I really believe that because a loss for the Steelers would have taken them as far down as the 10th Seed I believe ,,and if they would than lose to the Saints,they would miss the Playoffs completely somehow had an effect on how this game was called !
Just my thinking that a Patriots loss would not hurt as bad and therefore hence these bogus one sided calls.
I may come from Bahrain ,,but I can see a dirty Ref on tv from out here.
Go Pats

Haven't the ratings already begun to drop? I could swear I heard something to that effect on talk radio earlier in the season. They were trying to explain away a significant fall-off with multiple rationales for why said fall-off was misleading. If they keep fixing games, eventually it will no longer be the big, bad NFL - it'll be the big, bankrupt NFL.

Even with the flags called on us I still think we could have won the game if we didn’t drop those very catchable and crucial 3rd down balls. With all going against us I can see us stomping them in the playoffs if we play a half decent game.
The offensive holding penalties against Brown in the 2nd quarter & Cannon in the 4th quarter had much more to do with the loss than the Edelman drop in the 1st quarter & the Gordon drop in the 3rd quarter.

The offensive holding penalties against Brown in the 2nd quarter & Cannon in the 4th quarter had much more to do with the loss than the Edelman drop in the 1st quarter & the Gordon drop in the 3rd quarter.

We’re those the ones I thought were bad calls? I thought more than two were bogus but there were some that were straight garbage

We’re those the ones I thought were bad calls? I thought more than two were bogus but there were some that were straight garbage
The flags against Brown and Cannon were both fairly legit I'm afraid. There were a couple against the defense that were fairly questionable, however.

The flags against Brown and Cannon were both fairly legit I'm afraid. There were a couple against the defense that were fairly questionable, however.

Ok, I remember those plays now, I looked back at some of the game. You were right. Those penalties did us in and put paid to the whole mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes