PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Penalties being considered for the Pats - UPDATED 1/1/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm paranoid but I think it will do the opposite and draw attention to us. Gives clown media types a chance to get one more click bait article in comparing the 2.
Initially sure.

If the sideline taping went back to Belichick the Pats would be facing the same thing and Bill would be suspended. Thankfully it didn’t.

If BB was somehow involved the penalties would have been horrific, as Roger has had a hard on for him for a very long time..

The whole deflategate thing was initially about BB, and when Roger realized he was not involved he went after #12, despite all the science (which he chose not to understand)..

If Sox did what is being alleged after being told to desist then they deserve a similar penalty to the Astros. Illegally obtaining signals and using that info in real time is what Spygate was "sold as" to the public but not actually true.
I thought the Sox wasn’t real time? But I agree if true.

Shannon Sharpe ranting that like Hinch, Belichick should have been suspended for a year for Spygate lol.

Shannon Sharpe ranting that like Hinch, Belichick should have been suspended for a year for Spygate lol.

Unreal that people still really think they taped practices and yet the Walsh thing was debunked and no evidence exists that they ever did such a thing. Maybe the next commissioner can say it never happened and this can finally go away.

Last edited:
What is it with those guys and the local media in boston? I'm not from there but I don't understand why these people are allowed to continue with their negativity? How do they walk around in the area without getting harassed?

Part of it is the belief that being negative is the same as being objective. Another factor it's become normal for the media (I believe Shaugnessy is patient zero for this) to tell the fans not to enjoy a team or player performing well. There's always a dark cloud, like F & M talking about who a team will lose in free agency the day after they win a championship.

Is this ever happening or are they hoping everyone forgets about it?

Bluetooth device unpaired for one week. No extra Splenda for Bisciotti at next owner’s meeting. Harbaugh personally fined $5.
Were the devices unpaired for Saturday night?

Were the devices unpaired for Saturday night?

Yes.

Where's the outrage? After guy was gone, their point differential swung by like 40 points in one game.

Is this ever happening or are they hoping everyone forgets about it?
I'm hoping that Tom agrees to stay & play two more seasons on the condition that our real helmets and uniforms are restored permanently.

I'm an eternal optimist.

I'm hoping that Tom agrees to stay & play two more seasons on the condition that our real helmets and uniforms are restored permanently.

I'm an eternal optimist.
Of course, Kraft would probably refuse.

"I'm the Boss! Go play for Indy, you ungrateful punk! Flying Elvis forever!"

Yes.

Where's the outrage? After guy was gone, their point differential swung by like 40 points in one game.

Playoff games won by the Ravens since they were caught cheating:

:p

• BOSTON
NFL Hall Of Famer Dies At Faneuil Hall After Being Trampled In MLK Day Stampede

By JOE GRAND, CLARE TRAPEZO and RICH SHANGHRILA
DAILY NEWS WRITERS |
JAN 21, 2020 | 10:46 PM

Former NFL player Shannon Sharpe died late Monday after an "out-of-control" pack of Paul Revere impersonators on horseback were suddenly frightened and trampled him, police said.

The Martin Luther King Day stampede plunged the iconic Boston shopping outlet into chaos, however no one else was injured as the horde was quickly calmed down.

The troupe of men dressed as the famous revolutionary patriot hero were displaying public drills for the crowd heavily packed with tourists.

A witness statement to police stated that the animals were "spooked by something the victim was holding in his arm", later identified as an iron Denver Broncos horse logo bookend. However, another bystander said he believed that the Baltimore Ravens jersey Sharpe was wearing is what triggered the panic.

Officers who arrived to perform CPR on the sports analyst said the riders acted heroically in preventing any other danger to pedestrians.

"They restrained those horses, and it all happened pretty fast," Boston Police Sgt. Poetic Justice stated. "But apparently when they saw the victim carrying that item, they stampeded. It caught everyone off guard."

"Fortunately, everybody was soon able to resume and enjoy their shopping."

His brother Sterling stated, "At least he didn't have to live to hear that Super Bowls XXXII and XXXIII have just been vacated and the titles stripped from the Broncos due to their cheating."

Sharpe's talk show cohost, Skip Bayless, was removed on air by paramedics when he suffered an apparent heart attack, screaming "The Patriots taped those walk throughs! The Patriots taped those walk throughs!"

Last edited:
I think the Astros thing will force the league to be clear when they hand down our penalty for the sideline taping. The media and haters are going to demand Belichick’s head. A perception of “they destroyed the tapes!11!” won’t be acceptable to them this time. Nor will the league being deliberately obtuse to build a villain to the public so they’d watch Pats games.

The league needs to be crystal clear that there was no connection to the football side, this was done by the documentary team entirely on their own, that there is no evidence to suggest this was anything but a mistake and the video crew didn’t know the rules and the league will be creating a committee to draft policies around team social media and documentary crews and what they can and cant do- which doesn’t exist today.

Florio weighs in on comparison between Astros cheating to NFL...

Sensitivity to NFL cheating makes it harder for teams to get away with it
Here’s the difference between football and baseball, when it comes to actual or perceived cheating. Due to the various (but far less serious in comparison) cheating scandals that have unfolded in football over the past decade or so and in light of the propensity of teams and fans to blame a loss on something other than the fact their team wasn’t good enough to win, the league, the fans, and the media seem to be far more sensitive to anything that would look even remotely amiss during the TV broadcast of a football game. With so many more millions consuming live football content and reacting to it immediately on Twitter, the chances of someone noticing something that could suggest that something fishy is happening are much greater.

I think the Astros thing will force the league to be clear when they hand down our penalty for the sideline taping. The media and haters are going to demand Belichick’s head. A perception of “they destroyed the tapes!11!” won’t be acceptable to them this time. Nor will the league being deliberately obtuse to build a villain to the public so they’d watch Pats games.

The league needs to be crystal clear that there was no connection to the football side, this was done by the documentary team entirely on their own, that there is no evidence to suggest this was anything but a mistake and the video crew didn’t know the rules and the league will be creating a committee to draft policies around team social media and documentary crews and what they can and cant do- which doesn’t exist today.
Jesus it hadn't even occurred to me the NFL might decide to be harsher on the NEP because of the MLB cheating scandal. That would be a completely emotional, knee-jerk reaction absent of logic but when has the NFL not been that way before?

I guess they're going to wait til super bowl bye week to keep themselves in the news

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes