PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats trade Jacoby Brissett to the Colts for Phillip Dorsett

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 drops in not too many.

Dorsett was losing his job in Indy to a better WR. 66% catch rate s the magic number and Dorset wont be around long if he doesnt get with the program.

In two seasons, he’s never caught more than five passes in a game, never eclipsed 100 receiving yards, either. There have been too many drops. To be fair, there have also been too few plays designed to utilize his strengths in the open field.

Insider: Has Colts receiver Phillip Dorsett done enough to keep his job?
So we agree that your bs about dropping 50% of his passes was bs and you knew it.

It also appears you agree that there were no drops that didn't hit his hands.

Catch rate depends on the routes you get thrown to on, as I illustrated, and you chose to ignore.
It's not apples to apples.

Dorsetts first few years have been mediocre. That doesn't mean he doesn't have potential and doesn't mean you can make **** up.

3 drops in not too many.

Dorsett was losing his job in Indy to a better WR. 66% catch rate s the magic number and Dorset wont be around long if he doesnt get with the program.

In two seasons, he’s never caught more than five passes in a game, never eclipsed 100 receiving yards, either. There have been too many drops. To be fair, there have also been too few plays designed to utilize his strengths in the open field.

Insider: Has Colts receiver Phillip Dorsett done enough to keep his job?

Why? In 2007 Randy Moss had only a 61.3% catch rate. I think he had a pretty good season.

If you only average 10-11yards/rec like Welker/Edelman/Amendola then yes you better be averaging 66%+. But if you average 16y/rec like Dorsett did last year a bit lower is not unacceptable, or even unexpected.

Last year Dorsett averaged 8.9yards/target, while Edelman averaged only 7yards/target. Even in his best year(2015) Edelman only averaged 7.9yards/target.

I would have rather traded him to the Jaguars for Rashad Greene and Dante Fowler, Jr. I think we could have swung that trade for the same price, since Fowler is a project not exactly panning out, and Rashad Greene is buried on the WR depth chart. Greene also has punt return experience. This should go without saying, but Bortles is a bust.

Interesting, if 66% is the magic number then none of their receivers has hit that mark. Hilton 58%, Dorsett 55%, Moncrief 53%, Rogers 55%.

Watching the vid of his 1st season, a lot of balls were no where in the neighborhood. Not sure if miscommunication, bad throws or what(well, some definite bad throws)just hard to tell who was at fault most of the time. I couldn't see as well on the second vid but looked like more of the same.

I would have rather traded him to the Jaguars for Rashad Greene and Dante Fowler, Jr. I think we could have swung that trade for the same price, since Fowler is a project not exactly panning out, and Rashad Greene is buried on the WR depth chart. Greene also has punt return experience. This should go without saying, but Bortles is a bust.

Ok but this isn't madden

Come on man

Interesting, if 66% is the magic number then none of their receivers has hit that mark. Hilton 58%, Dorsett 55%, Moncrief 53%, Rogers 55%.

Watching the vid of his 1st season, a lot of balls were no where in the neighborhood. Not sure if miscommunication, bad throws or what(well, some definite bad throws)just hard to tell who was at fault most of the time. I couldn't see as well on the second vid but looked like more of the same.
66% is a made up number by a guy who thinks every pass from a wr screen to a 60 yard bomb is the same thing.

Here are a few random examples
Jordy Nelson 97/152 63%
D Hopkins 78/151. 53%
A Robinson. 73/151. 48%
E Sanders. 79/137. 58%
D Bryant. 50/96. 52%
OBJ. 101/169. 60%
D Jackson. 56/100. 56%
M jones. 55/103. 53%
A Jeffrey. 52/94. 55%
Julio. 83/129. 64%
M Evans. 96/173. 55%

Others for their CAREER

Moss. 982/1741 56%
Megateon. 731/1312. 56%
TO. 1078/1867 57%

OK so catch percentage is officially a stupid thing to use as sole judgment of a wr.

If the Patriots packaged a mid or late round pick with Brissett I would have liked this trade a lot.

Everyone, I found the actual conversation that went down in this draft. BB is a sneaky bastard!

20915422_887814202665_3121991354363003661_n.jpg

I understand trading Brissette. I don't understand 1) why we would consider trading anyone to the Colts; and 2) why the heck we needed another WR. Curious tactics my dear BB.

M
I understand trading Brissette. I don't understand 1) why we would consider trading anyone to the Colts; and 2) why the heck we needed another WR. Curious tactics my dear BB.
Why wouldn't you trade with the colts?

Amendola and Mitchell are injury concerns so while WR isn't a need today it could be soon.

I doubt that BB would ever risk making the Colts better, especially when you consider the fact that he's the one who initiated the trade.

I think it's more likely that he felt that Brissett just wasn't that good and that he was almost certainly going to cut him on Saturday at 4:00 pm. It's quite possible that he just took a player who was going to be cut here and traded him for a shot at a speedy, former first round talent who can be retained for 3 more seasons, should he catch on.

1. JE out for the year
2.MM knees suspect
3. Cooks has not played one NFL snap with TB yet
4. DA on pitch count
5. Gronk has not played a full season in 6 years and has only played half a season in half of his last four seasons.
6. Allen is probably not going to play like Jimmy Graham

What is curious??

1. JE out for the year
2.MM knees suspect
3. Cooks has not played one NFL snap with TB yet
4. DA on pitch count
5. Gronk has not played a full season in 6 years and has only played half a season in half of his last four seasons.
6. Allen is probably not going to play like Jimmy Graham

What is curious??
There is no pitch count.

I would have rather traded him to the Jaguars for Rashad Greene and Dante Fowler, Jr.
Not to rain on your bad trades parade, but Greene was placed on I.R with an Achilles' injury and Fowler not only sucks, but is an undisciplined immature headcase who can't stay out of trouble. Fowler is definitely not Patriots material.

There is no pitch count.
I see you guys saying that and technically he plays when the situation calls for the need of his skill set but they are/were limiting his snaps and using him more strategically.

A cat fight over a third string quarterback. To be frank, I'm more worried about the defensive ends.

You hit the nail on the head AT. Losing Jules hurts and it shouldn't surprise anyone if the chains don't get moved quite as much in the first part of the season (working out the kinks). But as of now we have a number of capable horses at the WR position and, in general, we the barn is well stocked with quality receiving targets. There is no reason to believe we will not have a top tier passing offense. OTOH DE is something of a 'keep an eye on' concern. Unless I'm missing something(always possible) it is clearly the positional grouping area of greatest concern. The concern of who will be out third string QB has been non existent in many seasons.

Jacoby definitely gets honorable mention. A rookie QB thrust into the a most conspicuous starting role with an otherwise and obvious inexperience to run the Patriots' passing game. Given his lack of reps/game experience and his eventual injury during the brief stint as the starter, Brissett was A+ IMHO and deserves honorable mention in Patriot 'also worth mentioning' history. (side note: with Indy's halfwit ways they seemingly are looking to get Luck killed. That's good news for Jacoby, he may have a real shot this season to show he can be a starter in this league and get a nice raise). But the Patriots' concern for "losing" Jacoby is a concern on par with looking at the odometer and realizing it's 500 miles past the recommended 3000 mile oil change.

I see you guys saying that and technically he plays when the situation calls for the need of his skill set but they are/were limiting his snaps and using him more strategically.
He is/was the 4th wr. He got 4th wr snaps. They weren't reducing the snaps they wanted him to play because they are afraid of him playing football.
It's like saying shea mcclellin or Vince valentine was on a pitch count last year.

You hit the nail on the head AT. Losing Jules hurts and it shouldn't surprise anyone if the chains don't get moved quite as much in the first part of the season (working out the kinks). But as of now we have a number of capable horses at the WR position and, in general, we the barn is well stocked with quality receiving targets. There is no reason to believe we will not have a top tier passing offense. OTOH DE is something of a 'keep an eye on' concern. Unless I'm missing something(always possible) it is clearly the positional grouping area of greatest concern. The concern of who will be out third string QB has been non existent in many seasons.

Jacoby definitely gets honorable mention. A rookie QB thrust into the a most conspicuous starting role with an otherwise and obvious inexperience to run the Patriots' passing game. Given his lack of reps/game experience and his eventual injury during the brief stint as the starter, Brissett was A+ IMHO and deserves honorable mention in Patriot 'also worth mentioning' history. (side note: with Indy's halfwit ways they seemingly are looking to get Luck killed. That's good news for Jacoby, he may have a real shot this season to show he can be a starter in this league and get a nice raise). But the Patriots' concern for "losing" Jacoby is a concern on par with looking at the odometer and realizing it's 500 miles past the recommended 3000 mile oil change.
To ease your concern, look at it this way.

Hightower replaces nink plus most of sheard (split time with nink)
Flowers replaces most of long by playing full time all season.
Wise,marsh, guy, butler are there for depth.

It's actually an improvement.
Now if you think Harris will
suck then that's a concern but a different one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes