PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats @ Seahawks Pre-Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats going to Seattle where they hate Cam with passion to bad no fans he loves that. Hope Pats go up there with cam and he dabs on folks 2015 style bring these men back with a victory. They asked Cam if he had butterflies Sunday, he said I don’t get butterflies I give em. U got best coach ever with a world class O coordinator go make a dang statement 1. I’m fired up Go pats

I don’t really care what the Dolphins D was ranked against the run last season. When a team runs for over 200 yards it’s always special. It’s also hard to pass judgment on a team when they add so many new signings to the front and secondary. Miami barely resembles last years team.

Got to admit. I’m really, really interested in this running game and I’m locked in on David Andrews. Just kept thinking about how well they ran it in 18 as opposed to 19. Sure, got a lot out of Trent Brown, but also Mason, who had a great season in 18 and was a top 5 rated guard only to turn into pre Captain America the following season. Now week 1 rolls around and Mason had a top 3 rated performance beside Ofcourse? Andrews.
And they go off for 200+ yards without Dante at the helm.

Anyway, maybe just a coincindence and maybe I’m just jumping the gun waaay too early. I hope not, I gave Andrews absence a lot of thought last season while he was recovering.and I’m really hoping that just his presence on the field makes everyone better around him. So far 1-0 looks great.

The Pats and Seahawks have now played in three straight barn burners.

2012 - You mad bro?
2014 - SB49
2016 - Seahawks deal Patriots only loss w/Brady of season, last second goal line stand

What's crazy is you can go back even further in the history of the 2 teams and the games were still close. 2008 - 24-21 Pats who were down by 8 heading into the 4th quarter. Seahwks were 2-11 going into that game and still gave us a major fight. That game WAS without Brady butwe were 8-5 going in - 6 games better. 2004 - 30-20 Pats but it was a 3 point game until under 2 minutes left Dillon puts them up by 10 after a circus catch by Bethel Johnson.. So really you can say every game in the BB era has come down to the final minutes, that's pretty nuts considering the Seahawks had some pretty weak teams before 2012.

True that our receiving weapons will unfold during the season. Last year Baltimore entered the season with no proven WR's or TE's, and their offense was pretty much unstoppable due to their QB and OC. A QB with Cam's skill set together with McDaniels' creativity could yield a similar result. That's what was so interesting about what we saw vs Miami, and I can't wait to see if they can do something similar vs Seattle.

Cam was already holding that hamstring after one game.

If they go in Baltimore's direction for a complete season, I think they are in trouble. Cam's got a few years on Jackson.

This and the KC game are the hardest on the schedule and given that both happen in the first 4 weeks I'd be shocked by anything better than being 2-2 before the Denver game.
Interesting, I’m not sure I’m ready to declare this a harder game than the ravens

I don’t really care what the Dolphins D was ranked against the run last season. When a team runs for over 200 yards it’s always special. It’s also hard to pass judgment on a team when they add so many new signings to the front and secondary. Miami barely resembles last years team.

Got to admit. I’m really, really interested in this running game and I’m locked in on David Andrews. Just kept thinking about how well they ran it in 18 as opposed to 19. Sure, got a lot out of Trent Brown, but also Mason, who had a great season in 18 and was a top 5 rated guard only to turn into pre Captain America the following season. Now week 1 rolls around and Mason had a top 3 rated performance beside Ofcourse? Andrews.

Anyway, maybe just a coincindence and maybe I’m just jumping the gun waaay too early. I hope not, I gave Andrews absence a lot of thought last season while he was recovering.and I’m really hoping that just his presence on the field makes everyone better around him. So far 1-0 looks great.

Don't forget that Mason played with a serious injury all year.

How high do those speakers go in the Kingdome? Just to 10 or 11? Are they really allowed to pipe in noise to help the home team this season? Why isn't Krafty buying a better sound system for Gillette? How about 2-3 more Foghorns?!!

How high do those speakers go in the Kingdome? Just to 10 or 11? Are they really allowed to pipe in noise to help the home team this season? Why isn't Krafty buying a better sound system for Gillette? How about 2-3 more Foghorns?!!

They went to 11 but when someone tried it the building collapsed. kdome.jpg

Looking at how SEA fared in their games against the Cam led Panthers, SEA was 6-2 against them from 2012 to 2018 including 2 NFC divisional games (1-1). Since his 2015 MVP season Cam went 2-2 against SEA. His averages against them in those 4 games:

Passing:
Att Cmp %_ Yds YPA _ TD_ Int Rate
30_ 19_ 64_ 217_ 7.3_ 1.3_ 0.8_ 89.3

Rushing:
Att Yds Avg TD
7__ 27__ 4.1_ 0.3

I'm not implying the Panthers are anything remotely close to NEP, but I don't think Pete Carrol is going to be surprised with anything he sees coming from Cam.
SEA 24
NEP 17

I hope I'm surprised.

It just occurred to me that this might be the week that we first see Jamal Adams make an impact play against the Patriots. (The garbage time Stidham pick 6 does not count)

If Harry is a top-two WR, we are in big trouble. He was better with Cam than Brady; Cam is defending him for the fumble to a degree, saying he caught other passes an improvement. What else is Cam going to say, that he is a bum?

Interesting, I’m not sure I’m ready to declare this a harder game than the ravens

They will have until mid November to grow as a team and get a better grip on what they do well until the play the Ravens. Seahawks and KC are within the first 4 weeks after a batshit crazy offseason. I think just based on where they are right now compared to where they could be in November makes those two games more challenging.

If Harry is a top-two WR, we are in big trouble. He was better with Cam than Brady; Cam is defending him for the fumble to a degree, saying he caught other passes an improvement. What else is Cam going to say, that he is a bum?

He could have easily gone the route we have heard for almost 20 years and deflect the entire question with a bland "we all need to improve and take care of the ball". Instead he went to bat for Harry to specifically deflate those hot takes.

I'm not implying the Panthers are anything remotely close to NEP, but I don't think Pete Carrol is going to be surprised with anything he sees coming from Cam.

The thing is that the Patriots have historically attacked Seahawks-style defenses with a quick passing game with an emphasis on receiving backs. So I am not sure it makes much sense to look at Cam's historic stats with the Panthers because he will be asked to run a different type of attack this week then back in Carolina.

I still think you score prediction sounds about right unless things break our way through turnovers or red zone issues for the Seahawks.

People said the same thing in 2018 when we transformed into a running team and ran it all the way to a superbowl. This is basically the same offensive line as that year. AND we have cam newton who is an added run threat. I expect us to keep the same gameplan Bill has had the last 2 years. Run-run-run, hit them with play action, and play tough defense

Last year was more of an outlier because of all the injuries on the OL where our running game struggled

Allen Robinson supposedly said he wants to play out the year in Chicago. Besides, I wouldn't even think of giving up a first rounder for him, especially since the Pats are one Cam Newton injury away from drafting in the top 5. Can you imagine if the Pats get Robinson and the pick they give up for him ends up being Trevor Lawrence? :oops:

No way the Pats pick first next draft even if there were QB issues.

Robinson is in the last year of a 42 million contract where he received 14 million per season. I dont see where the Bears have treated Robinson wrong. Bears 2020 5th round pick WR Darnell Mooney is one to keep an eye on. Bears may have found a real gem to tandem with Robinson. Getting rid of Robison would be stupid when the Bears need to surround Trubisky with talent to succeed.

Translated - look for Seattle to come out throwing and to aggressively score points and take NE out of its run game.

Feel good about the secondary with Gilmore and Jackson covering Locket and Metcalf.
Seattle’s defense wasn’t anything special last week so we’ll see if offense can continue.
ofcourse stopping Carson and Wilson in the pocket will also be paramount to success.

I like our coach to help make this a competitive game.

on a side note, Harry has a chance to outperform someone that many fans feel should of been the pick in his spot. I really hope he steps up and does. That with a win would be a great stride in the right direction for him.
I thought he played well last weekend
I expect Bill to deploy 11 DB's on defense along with 5 receiving options on offense.

David Andrews is a fantastic center, but I do want to shine a spotlight on the new fullback too. Forgive me, I don't know his name. We didn't really have one of those after all the injuries last year and it really told against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down