PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats @ Seahawks Pre-Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their WRs minus Edelman had 40 something career catches going into the opening game.

Sure Cam can perhaps work better than Brady with this group. Sure they can improve. But as it stands currently they need at least one more solid veteran to balance this out.

There's no guarantee on Edelman either. Even the most optimistic fan has to acknowledge the weakness.
No, we don't know. You are making an assumption based on what we haven't seen. In the past teams always played man to man against the patriots because of Brady. With Cam, that may not be wise. Our wrs may be able to have more success aga8nst zone. Let's see what it looks like before making judgements.

No, we don't know. You are making an assumption based on what we haven't seen. In the past teams always played man to man against the patriots because of Brady. With Cam, that may not be wise. Our wrs may be able to have more success aga8nst zone. Let's see what it looks like before making judgements.

I've made no assumption.

FACT: The group has 40(ish) career receptions.

FACT: They need more veteran presence.

FACT: Edelman's health is a question mark.

There's always hope. That's what you're counting on.

I've made no assumption.

FACT: The group has 40(ish) career receptions.

FACT: They need more veteran presence.

FACT: Edelman's health is a question mark.

There's always hope. That's what you're counting on.

You can argue it's a fact that their WRs have question marks and may not be a strength of the team.

You can't say it's a fact that this team's achilles' heel is coming back because the WRs will not perform well. We've played 1 game this season, so it really hasn't been determined.

I agree that Edelman cannot be counted on for big-time production over 16 games; I think he'll be used more situationally. I am, perhaps, a bit more optimistic about Byrd, Harry, Gunner, and Meyers. Not to mention the folks on the practice squad.

We just don't know yet, but yes, I think this team will be best suited to play from ahead (which could be said of most teams).

Perfect attendance is great to hear with COVID going on in the background. I guess everyone made it through W1 healthy which wasn't necessarily a given.

Also always nice to hear Ferentz's name because of how he triggers certain people around here.

I am gonna need to do my research on the Seahawks D....Sherman, Chancellor, and Thomas aren't around anymore. I know they have one of the Griffin twins...(if the other isn't on the PS), Jamal Adams, the great Bobby Wagner, and maybe KJ Wright? The rest of em'....no idea.....

And assume their offensive line is still so-so even if they got rid of German Idefi?

You can't say it's a fact that this team's achilles' heel is coming back because the WRs will not perform well. We've played 1 game this season, so it really hasn't been determined.

That's a fair point, but I'm not basing my assessment on one game's performance.

When you go into a season with one proven veteran who is 34 years old, coming off multiple surgeries, and looking like his snaps will be managed at least most of the year, it's fair to say this is a concerning weakness. Achilles heel was too strong this early.

they will come up with a game plan that best attacks Seattle. They are great at in game adjustments as well, so we will see what Seattle gives us and go from there. This will be a great measuring stick to see where we are at. Russell scares the heck out of me because he can use his legs to buy time...our CBs can only cover for so long. Looking forward to this one to see what kind of team we have. Seattle will not be soft like Miami

FG game either way imo. I don't see the Seahawks offense doing all that much unless Carson goes off. On the other hand, this offense will also have trouble scoring points and they need the OL to be very strong.

Perfect attendance is great to hear with COVID going on in the background. I guess everyone made it through W1 healthy which wasn't necessarily a given.

Also always nice to hear Ferentz's name because of how he triggers certain people around here.

Jordan Richards is on the Ravens practice squad. Get it done, Bill!

source.gif

Cleveland has great WRs on paper but they didn't perform. I agree, on paper the Pats WRs and TEs look iffy at best.

Does Jordan Richards have the longest active win streak in the NFL? He's at 16 straight wins with three different teams, dating back to December 2018.

If you had "Seattle week would turn into a Boston media Pete Carroll ***********", you win the prize...

Their WRs minus Edelman had 40 something career catches going into the opening game.

Its a new season with a new QB and new offense. Being able to run the ball consistently is huge for the pass game. Despite the numbers, NE was mediocre running the ball last season.

Sure Cam can perhaps work better than Brady with this group. Sure they can improve. But as it stands currently they need at least one more solid veteran to balance this out.

Im anxious to see Dalton Keene. He reminds me of a Kelce type TE. BB might wait and see how these WRs and TEs perform under fire before pulling the trigger on a player like Allen Robinson who by the way is rumored to be looking for 20 million per year. Disgruntled where ever he plays Odell Beckam is another money pit.

There's no guarantee on Edelman either. Even the most optimistic fan has to acknowledge the weakness.

Any of these guys can go down.

Its a new season with a new QB and new offense. Being able to run the ball consistently is huge for the pass game. Despite the numbers, NE was mediocre running the ball last season.

Im anxious to see Dalton Keene. He reminds me of a Kelce type TE. BB might wait and see how these WRs and TEs perform under fire before pulling the trigger on a player like Allen Robinson who by the way is rumored to be looking for 20 million per year. Disgruntled where ever he plays Odell Beckam is another money pit.

Any of these guys can go down.

Allen Robinson supposedly said he wants to play out the year in Chicago. Besides, I wouldn't even think of giving up a first rounder for him, especially since the Pats are one Cam Newton injury away from drafting in the top 5. Can you imagine if the Pats get Robinson and the pick they give up for him ends up being Trevor Lawrence? :oops:

That's a fair point, but I'm not basing my assessment on one game's performance.

When you go into a season with one proven veteran who is 34 years old, coming off multiple surgeries, and looking like his snaps will be managed at least most of the year, it's fair to say this is a concerning weakness. Achilles heel was too strong this early.
True that our receiving weapons will unfold during the season. Last year Baltimore entered the season with no proven WR's or TE's, and their offense was pretty much unstoppable due to their QB and OC. A QB with Cam's skill set together with McDaniels' creativity could yield a similar result. That's what was so interesting about what we saw vs Miami, and I can't wait to see if they can do something similar vs Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots